Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching some of the training vision, he only has one hand to put up.....

I think he'll play too. He a tough bastard and his team needs their captain.
I don't think they would put him out there if it could get worse, probably just needs to play through a bit of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jacobs should be given a go as an inside mid. Mix things up a bit. He hasn't been our worst by any stretch. We are so predictable with our selections and our centre square set up. This is all starting to s**t me!!!

* what a depressing read.
Have been reading since the changes came out but skimmed the last few pages.
TBH tho, cant really blame the board. Club just finds new ways to frustrate us, year after year.

*in sucks.

Will we ever see wholesale changes under Scott?

I just get the horrible feeling we've accepted mediocrity which is bitterly disappointing.

Playing VFL is not a death sentence, contrary to popular belief some players may gain more from playing at that level for a while.

Will we ever see wholesale changes under Scott?

I just get the horrible feeling we've accepted mediocrity which is bitterly disappointing.

Playing VFL is not a death sentence, contrary to popular belief some players may gain more from playing at that level for a while.
There is the potential for 5 changes this week.... Is that wholesale enough for you?

There is the potential for 5 changes this week.... Is that wholesale enough for you?

Please.

There is potential for 22 changes next week as well.

Dropping the team scapegoat and a 7 game player isn't making a statement. Perpetuation of the same old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please.

There is potential for 22 changes next week as well.

Dropping the team scapegoat and a 7 game player isn't making a statement. Perpetuation of the same old.
When the 7 game player was so horrifically bad it does. When "the team scapegoat" just isn't good enough it does. There are still more outs to come maybe. I think Luke will come out, and maybe Waite(inj).
Would that be more like it for you?

You're wrong.

21 out of 24 disposals hit the target, the 3rd best percentage for your team that game, your equal highest disposal winner.

I don't need to have watched the game to know you don't drop the bloke (especially a young one with the potential to get better).

Bad match committee decision is bad and you really can't defend it, your blokes have taken a page out of our books with that one.
It isn't a bad decision despite the furore on here. Yes, Benny has been going well down there but the majority of his possies are uncontested and a great deal of those are sideways and don't really provide any drive. One of the reasons we have struggled this year to date is due to a lack of decent launch from half back. This in turn is putting us under pressure when we do manage to get the ball into the midfield as we have no real space to work into. Then we turn it over, the ball goes into our defensive 50 and the cycle begins again.

What his exclusion will bring is more time in the defensive 50 for Shaun Atley who is capable of generating drive with his pace. He is not one to go sideways too often so this change reflects us trying to create a more dynamic defensive unit. It's tough on Jacobs but there was really no other option other than McDonald, but he too is more attacking than Jacobs. Roles wise the logical omission is Jacobs and my only question regarding this move is why it wasn't done earlier considering our attacking balance from defence has been out of whack for most of the season, which is something a stat sheet won't tell you.

When the 7 game player was so horrifically bad it does. When "the team scapegoat" just isn't good enough it does. There are still more outs to come maybe. I think Luke will come out, and maybe Waite(inj).

You'll have to fill me in on the statement being sent cause I'm drawing a blank here.

We have a bad loss, regardless of individual performances; Jacobs dropped (often a late in however). We win and everything is rosy. Rinse and repeat.

You'll have to fill me in on the statement being sent cause I'm drawing a blank here.

We have a bad loss, regardless of individual performances; Jacobs dropped (often a late in however). We win and everything is rosy. Rinse and repeat.
It tells me that Atley as a defensive winger is likely over, thank *. I'd rather Ats launching runs from half back than Jacobs chipping it sideways. We have sorely lacked drive so I hope that this is an indication that we are looking to get it back.

Would like to see Waite out Daw in, seems like they will give McMahon a crack in this "reshuffle" and Lmac will come out. Will be interesting if Dumont gets dropped if Swallow comes in or if Atley/Gibson/Bastinac get sent back to the 2s

If McMahon plays we mentally a few years.

Absolutely sick and tired of atley's passenger season.

Gibson is a game away from being cut. Consistent with his turnovers which is bloody ordinary for a player who plays predominantly outside.

This side would want to win.

What statement were you looking for??
Who was the big name you wanted out?

Im not a big fan of too many changes in a given week and I am probably in the minority here but I like that the coach backs his players in. Assuming that Brown and Swallow are right to play then I think they will be the only changes. Dumont may also miss out.

Im not a big fan of too many changes in a given week and I am probably in the minority here but I like that the coach backs his players in. Assuming that Brown and Swallow are right to play then I think they will be the only changes. Dumont may also miss out.

Thats all good and well, but how long should we back these passengers in for?

How is the Ellinbank league these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back