Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Carlton (Good Friday Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we won a Good Friday game? Have we ever? Because frankly I dread this marquee match every year now as its the most heavily scrutinised we get all year for our performances, and our games lately have been frankly embarrassing for a match that apparently means so much to us as a club.

I dread Good Friday every year now, and this year won't be any different. Carlton will absolutely bitch slap us if we performed anything like we did today against the Hawks.
We won the first one against the Dogs. Got up in a close one I think.

If McKay is ready then he can come in. Push Goater up the wing and drop one of Scott/Stevo/Taylor.

Tucker also onto the wing or HFF. Drop another of the three mentioned above.

Phillips to sub. He still needs fitness. And Howe out. Jy and LDU in for them.
"Hopefully he will return in a week or two " - Clarko on McKay

In: Tucker, Simpkin, LDU
Out: Howe and two others. Not sure who

Goater could be an out for Archer too. Goat's kicking is still way too inconsistent and if he's not defending well, as he wasn't today, then he prob needs a bit of confidence building in the twos

Is Logue in Trouble? Have watched the replay 10 times and can’t work out if he’s made head high contact? If he has then chrisso will give him 2 or 3 weeks based on potential to cause injury. Hoping there are no angles that show head high and also hoping that umpire being right there and calling play on helps the cause…

Darcy Tucker = The Inner-ar

Goater could be an out for Archer too. Goat's kicking is still way too inconsistent and if he's not defending well, as he wasn't today, then he prob needs a bit of confidence building in the twos

He is a wingman. Not really looking like a defender. Play him there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just sit Goater on the most athletic forward/mid and get him to do his best to wipe him out of the game.

Get Scott to blanket the hardest running outside player.

Goater is doing fine. Don’t worry too much about his offensive side. If he can link up effectively at this stage, that’s a bonus.

Master coach Clarko is going to seriously disappoint a few posters here when he only makes forced changes. Plus Simpkin and LDU.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tucker might be one who they are looking to get into the starting side. I think Goater is a player who will improve through continuity and with LDU and Simpkin coming back Howe and perhaps Taylor are likely to make way. The other might be WiPhi or TP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The calls for Howe to be dropped ... Well, it wont happen. He played under Clarko, had a lot of the ball and wasn't the worst, by far. He cost us a few goals in R2, but played well today.

Hopefully LDU can come in, with Jy. If Gus is suspended, Bonar or Dawson come in, or they both come in to give us added height. Both played well in the VFL today. I cant see Goater going, coz of his height, and likely ability to play on a taller player.

WilPhil was not great today, but he was good in patches. I think we need more from Stevo and Taylor, but Ford didnt stand out in the VFL today. It's the toughest place to play IMHO, and whilst #25 makes it look easier, unless the ball comes in ...

I like what Craig McRae said during the week about sending players back to the 2’s. They ‘ask them to play above the level’ to get back in. Would like to see Will Phillips play a few outstanding games at 2’s level and then come back. A couple of 30 touches 2 goal performances at reserves level.

On a side note....mason wood has turned himself into almost an A grader. Playing some seriously good footy on a wing

The calls for Howe to be dropped ... Well, it wont happen. He played under Clarko, had a lot of the ball and wasn't the worst, by far. He cost us a few goals in R2, but played well today.

Hopefully LDU can come in, with Jy. If Gus is suspended, Bonar or Dawson come in, or they both come in to give us added height. Both played well in the VFL today. I cant see Goater going, coz of his height, and likely ability to play on a taller player.

WilPhil was not great today, but he was good in patches. I think we need more from Stevo and Taylor, but Ford didnt stand out in the VFL today. It's the toughest place to play IMHO, and whilst #25 makes it look easier, unless the ball comes in ...
So who are you dropping, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back