Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs Melbourne [OUT: Spud/Basti/KT | IN: THE GENERAL/Mullett/Tripod]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Collingwood were undermanned in the forward line and looked flat. However, Melbourne heaped the pressure on to the extent that Pendlebury was caught a few times and rushed and Sidebottom was pressured into mistakes. If our players go in thinking they won't be pressured and don't work hard to shepherd etc they'll be in for a nasty shock. Hopefully we bring real intensity because our forwards will stretch them if given a good chance.

Unfortunately Nathan Jones is a pretty good leader - what they did to Collingwood is what we should do to sides

anyone who thinks Waite or Petrie will play back bc firrito is missing have rocks in there heads.

Why?

Tippett isn't up to it and Hansen isn't ready.

We are now one defender down, and I'd like to give Wood an opportunity. Both Waite and Hansen can certainly play a similar role to what Hansen provides.

Why?

We are now one defender down, and I'd like to give Wood an opportunity. Both Waite and Hansen can certainly play a similar role to what Hansen provides.
Because if all three are fit all three will play forward. They are seen as the optimal set up and will play together whenever possible.

We will go in with two KPD if need be given Melbourne tend to play two KPF's, or bring in Tippett to take Dawes and Tarrant Hogan, leaving Thompson as the interceptor.

The club will not move from their preferred forward set up when other options exist. Of course, there is the option to go the other way, but lets face it, that just isn't going to happen.

Because if all three are fit all three will play forward. They are seen as the optimal set up and will play together whenever possible.

We will go in with two KPD if need be given Melbourne tend to play two KPF's, or bring in Tippett to take Dawes and Tarrant Hogan, leaving Thompson as the interceptor.

The club will not move from their preferred forward set up when other options exist. Of course, there is the option to go the other way, but lets face it, that just isn't going to happen.

I am not a huge fan of the three tall set up, I don't think it works near well or often enough. I'd prefer two KPP and a more mobile option as the third tall.

Agreed its not the 'preferred set up' based on how we have been, but with Spud and Hansen out it gives us an opportunity to try something different (plus as a Wood fan it allows me to fit him in).

Thommo could play Spuds role well as he is quick enough, so we still have key backs without resorting to Hansen or Tippett who for mine shouldn't play.

Why?

as B Tron mentioned the club will not move from the forward structures and basically there is no need for Waite or Petrie to go back. Wood can play on the wing not necessarily in the forward line but players should only come in based on performance especially this late in the season.

With Spud out and assuming Hansen did not earn a game, I would;

- switch Waite to CHB and play Thommo in Spuds role.

- bring in Wood to work as a leading HFF.

I think that is quite good structurally and gives Wood another opportunity.

It's a good idea, and that's precisely why it's never likely to occur. Him or Petrie would be fine.

In a perfect world i'd love to see Thommo on ball occaisionally, especially when we are getting killed in there. Like Hawthorn do with roughy.

Hansen shouldn't come back until he is in form.

Good god man lol.

Gibson is not going to be dropped. And MacMillan is injured for another 1-2 weeks. Try again.

Most likely

OUT: Firrito

IN: Hansen

With the chance of Turner > Nahas.

We love rushing Jamie back in.

Last edited:
Jane Bun and her cracking rig says no rain Sun...

Apparently there's a weather map of Australia somewhere in this screen cap.

jane-bunn-357815.jpg

Apparently there's a weather map of Australia somewhere in this screen cap.

jane-bunn-357815.jpg
Love it, my missus went to school with her... She gets pissed at me every night because I've trained the kids to yell out "Dad stop whatever you are doing, Jane's on the TV!!!"

You need to get out more.
Hahaha mate the only time I get out is to go to the footy and to go to work... New baby and still doing the full time parenting of the older two, so as not to freak out the new mum... But yeah I do... Catch up for a beer to discuss the rise and rise of JMac??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say it, but McMahon has come in for some glowing praise in the VFL reports in recent weeks. He is a very logical replacement for Spud. Almost too logical, in fact.

He's earned it, but it's probably a regressive choice in the context of the season.

I'd pick McKenzie and change up the rotations a bit to include half back.

He's earned it, but it's probably a regressive choice in the context of the season.

Bing!

Was thinking McKenzie for Wright if he's a bit sore but McKenzie for Spud and Nahas for Turner would work. Two Dogs, Atley, Wright can all play tall enough to cover Spud.

I agree, and McKenzie does need an opportunity to show whether he can translate his VFL form to the seniors. Although McMahon is probably the more natural replacement i think we know he's not going to be on the list next year and we need to take a longer term view.

Could Jacobs potentially go with garlett? I worry about who we have down back to lock down the smalls from week to week.
Garlett has consistently kicked 2 or 3 goals a game this year, even when the team has only managed to kick 6 or 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dare I say it, but McMahon has come in for some glowing praise in the VFL reports in recent weeks. He is a very logical replacement for Spud. Almost too logical, in fact.
Yeah but a winner over 1,000m at Manangatang may look attractive to progress to 1,200m...but not at WFA at Flemington.

Let's face it... McMahon will be the likely in for Spud, just to piss everyone off. He is actually the best like for like replacement.

Although, i hope we bring in Hansen. Hasn't been playing great in the VFL but IMO he needs AFL games to gain form before rounds 21-23 & finals. I think he is a very important player.

Could Jacobs potentially go with garlett? I worry about who we have down back to lock down the smalls from week to week.
Garlett has consistently kicked 2 or 3 goals a game this year, even when the team has only managed to kick 6 or 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jacobs will go to vince. vince is the playmaker. jacobs is a midfield tagger and will be a liability if left out one on one with garlett.

jacobs will go to vince. vince is the playmaker. jacobs is a midfield tagger and will be a liability if left out one on one with garlett.

Yep, Vince and their tough stickered captain are far bigger concerns than Garlett. They set the tone and provide their drive from the contests.

Love it, my missus went to school with her... She gets pissed at me every night because I've trained the kids to yell out "Dad stop whatever you are doing, Jane's on the TV!!!"

Lol. The innocence of children. They see you leering at the telly thinking you're watching her fingers pointing at The Great Dividing Range yet all you can see is Jane's own Great Divided Chesticles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back