Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh.... I'd prefer someone that actually kicks goals in the forward line.
Don't be too greedy, we got Reid and Moore already.
Hear what you saying. Not sold on it either but Goldsack shouldn't be pigeonholed as pure defender is all I am saying.

Spot on. People like to carp on about the pitfalls of Ben and how much footy we're getting out of him and how much he's getting paid but there's not one person on the planet that would be more frustrated, put in so much work for so little reward and wanted to be out there in this instance than Ben.

Professional sportspeople generally only want to play their chosen sport and he'd have done it hard in the last couple of years.

Daniel Menzel is one that might disagree, sure there'd be a few others.

Show me one single post that says that and I'll eat my hat.

Good thing you're not wearing a hat in your avatar & that I'm not fussed about making you eat your hat because I could just post something myself..:p
I was more being facetious / exaggerating on the negativity that can be on here. Without going into too much detail, even the talk on page of your post of putting Reid up for trade to cut our losses is a case in point. Everyone entitled to their opinion though.

I get that, I do. But the circumstances with Reid aren't normal. He's fragile. So, if we work under the assumption that the year is over for us, then wouldn't it make sense to put Reid on ice and give him an entire 6 or 7 months to TRULY get over his soft tissue injuries? That way we can ensure we get a full 2016 out of him.

If he plays tomorrow and gets hurt again, then it's also affecting his 2016 Pre-season. Why risk losing 2 seasons of Reid over a 2015 which is already lost?
How about some faith in the medical/fitness staff? The club's been super cautious with his rehab to the extent that they've avoided playing him this year when he's been available. I don't think that after all he's been through and all the patience that's been shown, they're going with a "ah well, let's just risk it" call. HE IS FIT and ready to go. Trust the club you support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back