Preview / changes v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serves Judd and Fatty Ziebs right. Now watch the excuses fly if we roll Norf or the Blooze.

Ziebell hasn't been in great form, he has been solid on the inside but hasn't had the hurt factor outside like he did last year or earlier this year.

If Petrie misses then Hansen will probably go to full forward and Pedersen will take the vacant spot and play the third forward/ruck. I assume unless we appeal the decision Cunnington will replace Ziebell. If Adams misses then Garlett is a likely replacement, his form in the VFL has been very good. Our form has made it tough for many players who have been playing well to get back into the side of late.

We should still field a very strong side and retain the same structure we have gone with irrespective of any changes.

Ziebell hasn't been in great form, he has been solid on the inside but hasn't had the hurt factor outside like he did last year or earlier this year.

If Petrie misses then Hansen will probably go to full forward and Pedersen will take the vacant spot and play the third forward/ruck. I assume unless we appeal the decision Cunnington will replace Ziebell. If Adams misses then Garlett is a likely replacement, his form in the VFL has been very good. Our form has made it tough for many players who have been playing well to get back into the side of late.

We should still field a very strong side and retain the same structure we have gone with irrespective of any changes.
Didnt you just appeal tonight??

Didnt you just appeal tonight??

No, that was what the AFL refer to as the challenge to the MRP finding. You can appeal the tribunal finding if you believe the tribunal made an error. If we do challenge it would likely be on the basis that there is nothing in the rules (to my knowledge) which says you are not allowed to go for a contest if there is any other alternative, which seems to be the basis for the suspension.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on us getting a positive outcome. It is the same reason why I thought we would roll over and cop the 3 instead of 4 irrespective of being right or wrong, your probability of winning and who you play are big factors to consider.

Ziebell's suspension is a joke given what Judd & Wellingham recieved, but at least now Norf fans might know how we felt when Cotchin copped 4 weeks for that "hit" on Wright, which IIRC most of them said was deserved at the time.

Nah don't like cocky shits who are convinced that something will happen. And slag off on our best player.

If you are so sure put up or shut up as they say.

Wasnt that long ago that they were squaeling like stuck pigs and cotch got 4 , cocky lot these north wyalong supporters.

Watch Addam Maric carefully next time he plays. The guy can get the pill and has a second effort, BUT the guy has no awareness of who's around him, therefore he struggles to give it off correctly because he guesses who is in which spot and WORSE, he gets caught with the pill too easily even though he has pace. Why? He cannot sense anyone (teammates or opposition) around him.

My IN for the week: Let one of the Assistant Coaches coach this week, because Dimma can't get us to play with any desperation from the start.

Spot on about Maric

Oh so wrong about Dimma

When we signed him I referenced a game where A Maric had 30+ possessions, a Demon fan (forget who) said the stats belied how poor he was in that game. I now understand what he means in relation to Maric. IMO he was poor at the weekend.

Read in the paper this morning that Ivan hasn't trained for weeks and will not train againg this year due to his groin issue.. Instead, they will just play him on weekends.

Doesn't sound right.

yeah this type of s**t was always on the cards, we have run him into the ground. Its like we were stuck in a desert and had not had any food for weeks and then we come across a super sized McValue meal and eat everything including the wrapping and 2 days later we think, heck, should have kept some of it in reserve. And seeing Gus and Derrickx last week, i can understand why. This might explain why Dimma was shattered with Ty not getting up.

yeah this type of s**t was always on the cards, we have run him into the ground. Its like we were stuck in a desert and had not had any food for weeks and then we come across a super sized McValue meal and eat everything including the wrapping.

We will play him until we are well and truly out of finals contention IMO.

Read in the paper this morning that Ivan hasn't trained for weeks and will not train again this year due to his groin issue.. Instead, they will just play him on weekends.

Doesn't sound right.
As i read somewhere, his previous season high was 500 minutes of AFL footy. This year he has played 1500 minutes. So that's why they're just trying to get him through the season.

And after seeing Graham on the weekend (and for too many years before that), you'd have to think that Andrew Browne would be ahead of him in the pecking order. Browney has actually had a decent season for Coburg and if Maric wasn't here you'd think Gus wouldve lost his spot long ago to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not disputing that, we will play him until the cows come home after seeing what Gus and Derrickx had to offer.

If we MUST play another ruckman, then play Browne.

Gus is not the answer and never will be.

Dud, delist at seasons end.

If we MUST play another ruckman, then play Browne.

Gus is not the answer and never will be.

Dud, delist at seasons end.

as much as I hate to say it, seeing as he looked completely lost when initially given a shot in the seniors, at the end of the day, he does hold the "world record" for hits outs and basically will leave it all on the ground if given his chance. He would have had to improved a bit, dont you think? Playing at Coburg working on his deficiencies? So I cant see any harm in having him on the bench at least, just to help out wherever he can. Gus is useless and Derrickx is not ready and basically never will be.

Is Maric playing on this weekend?

Im still envious of you guys getting him, especially as Sanderson wanted him in the squad too!

Imagine having him and Jacobs in our team!!!????

Im still envious of you guys getting him, especially as Sanderson wanted him in the squad too!

Maric wouldn't have the same impact with Jacobs in the team. He needed to be the number 1 man. And as much as I'm loving Maric, I'd take Jacobs in a heartbeat. All Australian this year IMO....

He will be playing if he can get through training and pulls up from his groin niggle fine.

Maric wouldn't have the same impact with Jacobs in the team. He needed to be the number 1 man. And as much as I'm loving Maric, I'd take Jacobs in a heartbeat. All Australian this year IMO....

Maric was well loved by our fans and I was disappointed to see him go.

Sanderson wanted him to stay and given the turnaround by our team, I think he missed a trick by not staying.

However, Richmond and him deserve all the kudos for making him arguably one of the top ruckmen going around.

I still think the ruckmen across west are the best. Sandi, Cox and Nick Nat.

To think that Nick Nat could have gone to the struggling Demons is a massive choke on their part. I still believe the colour of his skin may have had something to do with it. A white knight versus a black knight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back