Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd comment...

And we wonder why Adam Goodes needs a break...

Hmmm, i think the intent of Libba39s comment had good intentions and wasn't meant to have negative connotations.

PS I have been a WB big footy reader for everyday of last 5 years without fail. just not a poster...thought i should pull my finger out..
Thanks for the awesome posting by you all, especially the VFL updates. They are gold for us interstaters.

Tough one this week...could easily make a case for unchanged.

Perhaps:

Jong for Prudden
TBoyd for Redpath

Nor really sure about it this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the VFL replay last night, rated Z Cordy's game.

Would be a perfect match up for the likes of Westhoff, but happy not to rush him and see out the season developing in the 2s. Must say, he is much bigger than I thought when we first drafted him. Looks a genuine KP size.

Have decided I'm not going to even speculate on any changes as I'll just trust Bev. For example I've been desperate to get another key defender in, but Morris has (unsurprisingly) taken on the bigger forwards and beaten them. If Bev wants to continue down that path, that's fine with me.

The only one I hope gets a look is Jong. If teams start to sit on Hunter, Jong could become very important

Would be a perfect match up for the likes of Westhoff, but happy not to rush him and see out the season developing in the 2s. Must say, he is much bigger than I thought when we first drafted him. Looks a genuine KP size.

Have decided I'm not going to even speculate on any changes as I'll just trust Bev. For example I've been desperate to get another key defender in, but Morris has (unsurprisingly) taken on the bigger forwards and beaten them. If Bev wants to continue down that path, that's fine with me.

The only one I hope gets a look is Jong. If teams start to sit on Hunter, Jong could become very important
Just on this point, I read a lot of people here saying similar about many players, that they're listed at a certain height but have grown. Does anyone know where/when we could get confirmation on this? Do they officially update the stats at regular intervals?

Hmmm, i think the intent of Libba39s comment had good intentions and wasn't meant to have negative connotations.

PS I have been a WB big footy reader for everyday of last 5 years without fail. just not a poster...thought i should pull my finger out..
Thanks for the awesome posting by you all, especially the VFL updates. They are gold for us interstaters.
I think you mean my comment - thanks for that.

I know very well that players are selected on form but wasn't Jongy BOG last week?

What is Multicultural round for, if not to celebrate diversity? The media has already made much of Lin's ethnic background.

And welcome, lifesaver.

Just on this point, I read a lot of people here saying similar about many players, that they're listed at a certain height but have grown. Does anyone know where/when we could get confirmation on this? Do they officially update the stats at regular intervals?
Having worked at a club before (going back a fair while so it may have changed) they are only done once a year, usually the same day all the head shots are taken

Could we see another debutant? Roarke Smith/Zaine Cordy...

Both playing good footy and would be a strong chance. Zaine would be my first pick.

Perhaps Bevo might be looking to consolidate the team for the finals and picking those players that he believes will play finals and require AFL game time.

Had a look again myself , I think we may have the steal of the draft !

I'm going to apply some left-field Moneyball thinking this week.

What is the startling aspect of our team, given that we have won 11, lost only 6 and are knocking on the door for a double-chance?
That's right: we are incredibly young and inexperienced. This is clearly Bev's secret weapon which the pundits and opposition coaches haven't tumbled to yet.

Therefore:
OUT: Murphy, M.Boyd, Morris, Picken - all clearly too old and too experienced. Crameri (91 games) lucky, only stays because he kicked 7 last week.
IN: R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Webb, Hamilton - three debutants sounds about right.

That will leave us with the following side:

Wood, Talia, Biggs
R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Johannisen
Macrae, Wallis (c), Hunter
Daniel, Stringer, Crameri
Dickson, Redpath, Dale

Campbell, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus

Int: Prudden, Hamilton, Grant, Webb

Average games: 34
Median games: 29
Under 50 games: 16
Under 10 games: 8
Average Age 22.19

That should frighten 'em!

Footnote: the interesting thing is that side would probably still go OK. Bookmark this post and revisit it in 12 months time ...;)

He'll come in if Bevo deems him suitable and if he's playing well enough. Not because it's multicultural round.
All things being equal he should get a go. Might really spur him on to get back the early season energy at the contest.
Is Jong being held back as our secret finals weapon? I'd like that.

I'm going to apply some left-field Moneyball thinking this week.

What is the startling aspect of our team, given that we have won 11, lost only 6 and are knocking on the door for a double-chance?
That's right: we are incredibly young and inexperienced. This is clearly Bev's secret weapon which the pundits and opposition coaches haven't tumbled to yet.

Therefore:
OUT: Murphy, M.Boyd, Morris, Picken - all clearly too old and too experienced. Crameri (91 games) lucky, only stays because he kicked 7 last week.
IN: R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Webb, Hamilton - three debutants sounds about right.

That will leave us with the following side:

Wood, Talia, Biggs
R.Smith, Z.Cordy, Johannisen
Macrae, Wallis (c), Hunter
Daniel, Stringer, Crameri
Dickson, Redpath, Dale

Campbell, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus

Int: Prudden, Hamilton, Grant, Webb

Average games: 34
Median games: 29
Under 50 games: 16
Under 10 games: 8
Average Age 22.19

That should frighten 'em!

Footnote: the interesting thing is that side would probably still go OK. Bookmark this post and revisit it in 12 months time ...;)
That's funny. I hadn't read much of the thread but made comment about secret weapons for the finals (Jong) and then I saw your post. ....great minds....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back