Changes vs Power

Remove this Banner Ad

All things being equal he should get a go. Might really spur him on to get back the early season energy at the contest.
Is Jong being held back as our secret finals weapon? I'd like that.

A firing Jong would be an awesome addition. I'm hoping Jong is given the message to take the game on more (as opposed to how he was playing after his hand injury). If he gets the ball burst out and run before dishing it off even it means he gets tackled occasionally (which he probably wont anyway as he is a beast).

Dal will nail the draft and we'll have 3 or more 2016 draftees slot straight in so that'll bring the ave down (not sure where we fit them all however!)

Like to see Jong come in this week and see if we can get him back into the form he displayed early in the year. Would love to see him push through another level like he did through last years VFL final series.

I don't think it will be this week but I would also like to see Honeychurch back in. The pressure and effort he brings to the contest is what September is about.

The other set up I want to see in the next few weeks is Roughy as 1st Ruck with Toyd as backup.

Bailey Dale is going to be a star but I would send him back to VFL for a few weeks to get some consistent game time and let him get his hands on the pill a bit more.

By the end of the year stringer, JJ, macrae and Dickson will all be over 50 games. Panic! What will our identity be next year?!?!? Most number of players under 60 games? Can we make that a thing??
No cause for panic Fronk - see below.
Dal will nail the draft and we'll have 3 or more 2016 draftees slot straight in so that'll bring the ave down (not sure where we fit them all however!)
Don't forget we have at least seven players out injured or returning from injury too. At least half of these would walk into the top 22. All are under 100 games.
Clay Smith (34 games), Toby McLean (4), Fletcher Roberts (17), Tom Liberatore (77), Jordan Roughead (86), Koby Stevens (62), Joel Hamling (5). You could perhaps add Jong (19) and Honeychurch (11) to that list.

Am I crazy or did wood twinge his hammy right at the death?
I was in the rooms after the game. He was walking around fine and didn't have ice on his hammies so I think he is fine. I think he had some on his ankle but that's all. Goddamn he is a well built bloke.

Wouldn't mind getting another look at Hrovat before we settle on a final team we want to attack the last few rounds and hopefully finals. Would probably have to be at the expense of Daniel who's had a nice run in the seniors and showed he's capable and very much in the mix. Also add Jong to that list too and sending Dale back to the VFL to play out a full game.

I'm thinking - and I haven't kept up with injury updates - Roughead, Fletcher are automatics if fit. I haven't ruled out T.Boyd either and seeing Redpath and him try and work together might be worthy persisting with too.

Out: Daniel, Dale, Prudden.
In: Hrovat, Jong, Hamling.

Wouldn't rule out Z.Cordy and R.Smith but I reckon we'll try and settle the team from here on in and maybe they'll get there cracks either in the last round if we've qualified already and want to leave some players in Victoria or if we get an injury and there form is hard to ignore in the VFL(It's already pretty dam good)

But really who knows! Just musing really.

Wouldn't mind getting another look at Hrovat before we settle on a final team we want to attack the last few rounds and hopefully finals. Would probably have to be at the expense of Daniel who's had a nice run in the seniors and showed he's capable and very much in the mix. Also add Jong to that list too and sending Dale back to the VFL to play out a full game.

I'm thinking - and I haven't kept up with injury updates - Roughead, Fletcher are automatics if fit. I haven't ruled out T.Boyd either and seeing Redpath and him try and work together might be worthy persisting with too.

Wouldn't rule out Z.Cordy and R.Smith but I reckon we'll try and settle the team from here on in and maybe they'll get there cracks either in the last round if we've qualified already and want to leave some players in Victoria or if we get an injury and there form is hard to ignore in the VFL(It's already pretty dam good)

Would be tough on Daniel. I admit he can struggle to get into games at Etihad where the ball is off the ground a lot, but his influence on games in undeniable.
Prudden and Dale are the outs for me, and I have a feeling one of Murphy or Boyd will be rested soon. I also think Tom Boyd was impressive in what I saw of the VFL. Would not be surprised if he came back in.

It does seem a bit tough on Daniel but at half time he was probably in our bottom 3 players on the weekend. Set a up a nice goal after half time from memory then snagged 2 beautiful kicks when the game was dead. He's played 5 games in a row now and I reckon Bev will give him a rest. Seems like something he'd do this year. Reckon they'll want to see Hrovat have a crack who has been more than handy in the VFL. Certainly done a lot more than others have in the VFL and then have been recalled.

Don't forget Darley has also been game day emergency twice in a row, so we might be seeing him (though surely he'd need a run in the ressies for fitness). I couldn't see who would come out to make room for him, unless Boyd or Murph is given a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its pretty tough. 4 more rounds to go and we still want to have a look at players. Assuming Stevens and McLean are available for selection, our best team for the finals (my lid is off :)) is still pretty variable.
Hrovat, Jong, Stevens, Webb, McLean, Boyd, Roughead, Hamling, Fletcher-Roberts, Minson, Honeychurch all missed the Essendon belting but have claims for a spot.

Anyone know how much longer McLean is out for? He was looking like a genuine star as a flanker before his injury, but with his fitness now probably down he will find it tough to make his way back in the side this year, it's a shame :(

Anyone know how much longer McLean is out for? He was looking like a genuine star as a flanker before his injury, but with his fitness now probably down he will find it tough to make his way back in the side this year, it's a shame :(
http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-news/injury-list

Toby McLean AC joint 2-4 weeks
Fletcher Roberts Ankle Test
Jordan Roughead Foot Test
Koby Stevens Foot 4-6 weeks

Has hrovat's form earned him a recall Butane?

Do you think Amon will come back and will Colquhoun keep his spot in the team? (fantasy footy related here)

Colquhoun should stay.

Amon would be my inclusion replacing Wines against you blokes on a fast deck. Was decent in the SANFL but not sure which way we'll go.

I know it's early, but are the front rows of Level 3 around the ground accessible with a General Admission membership? I've been a member for a few years, but I usually go with someone who needs particular seats up the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back