Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted on the other jumper thread, but perhaps this is the better spot for it.
My read on it would be something like this (excuse dodgy MS Painting)...

88862_ac89cb37cba1158b487c844731e570ba.png
I love it. I love it with the Lion, I would love it without the lion, I would love it with a small lion on one side of the chest. I'm just thinking about the clash jumpers we've worn over the years.....

I love it. I love it with the Lion, I would love it without the lion, I would love it with a small lion on one side of the chest. I'm just thinking about the clash jumpers we've worn over the years.....
Hehe, yeah, it'd be a fair effort to sink below some of those efforts...

I'm not even confident there'll be a lion on there. Yellow on white overlapping like that looks a little strange. I think if you take off the lion, that's what it's likely to be

GhFBRxh.gif

I posted on the other jumper thread, but perhaps this is the better spot for it.
My read on it would be something like this (excuse dodgy MS Painting)...

88862_ac89cb37cba1158b487c844731e570ba.png
That's how I'm imagining it. The graphic on the Lions.com article suggests the 'V' might be a bit sharper and I think the Lion might be different to yours. But that appears to be the gist of it.

hmmm I will reserve judgement until I see the latest attempt at making a decent Clash jumper.

However, I still don't understand why the AFL is making us wear white instead of gold as our main clash jumper colour. It shits me that a Club with three main colours in its identity needs to choose a non-Club colour for its clash.

The AFL doesn't have a consistent policy on this issue hence what we see from Collingwood (much more white in the white and black stripes), Essendon (grey with red stripe), Geelong (much more blue, and white hoops), North (more emphasis on the blue, in the blue and white stripes), Richmond (more yellow with the black) and the Western Bulldogs (red).

As I have posted before it really doesn't make any sense why we could have had a predominantly gold jumper (based on the old Bears design like we wore this year, or simply something like the proposed design with gold instead of white, with the Lion in maroon). The only potential complaint is vs. Gold Coast, but I don't see it (especially given white shorts vs. red):

Brisbane-HoF-2014.gif

Gold-Coast-Home-2013.gif

http://www.footyjumpers.com/

LOTR, you gotta to bringing logic into your thoughts on the AFL and guernseys, and alleged guernsey clashes.... it'll end in tears.

The AFL run a chook lotto in relation to the topic.

I agree with your thoughts entirely.

The Lions wear a red jumper every time they play in Victoria to recognise their Fitzroy history but what about the Bears? Some years they wear the old Bears jumpers and some years they don't which I think is wrong. It's the Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club after all. I think the Lions should start wearing the old BB Bears jumper every time they play a QClash at Metricon to signify the history of the Brisbane Bears. It's a perfect fit given the club spent their first six years in the league at that very stadium. To avoid a clash in jumpers they would need to wear the predominantly yellow jumper but I believe the Bears wore that jumper at home (Carrara) anyway. I also think this will help the rivalry of the QClash and bring back a nostalgic feeling to many fans. What do you guys think?

TWYOq2k.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hehe, I think this is about the 50th time we've seen this suggestion yet it's always presented as a bold, original new idea :p

Regardless, the club already proposed something like this and the AFL knocked it on the head. They want clash jumpers to be white.

I thought the rule was the clash jumper had to be predominately white.

I agree, but some won't.
The clash policies are written for the broader TV viewing public, not those attending games or fans of the 2 clubs playing. That's how it is.

Would rather we replace the Fitzroy Inspired Guernsey with a Bears inspired Guernsey.

Yellow and Maroon would look so much better than red and blue. Srsly

I agree, but some won't.
The clash policies are written for the broader TV viewing public, not those attending games or fans of the 2 clubs playing. That's how it is.
Unless you are Essendon (grey) or Richmond (yellow). It's one game. Geez.

We aren't saying we agree with the AFL policy, we are just telling you how it is.
Would have thought the AFL would be in favour of an idea that could help the game in Queensland. It's not just a Brisbane thing, the Bears were a Gold Coast team for six years. You can't buy history but you can certainly hide it and they seem to be doing a good job of that.

Would have thought the AFL would be in favour of an idea that could help the game in Queensland. It's not just a Brisbane thing, the Bears were a Gold Coast team for six years. You can't buy history but you can certainly hide it and they seem to be doing a good job of that.
You're preaching to the converted.

Would have thought the AFL would be in favour of an idea that could help the game in Queensland.

Well as has been explained, they aren't.

Not that I necessarily agree that it would be a big "help" to the game, as nice as it would be to see a Bears jumper used more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back