Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it, my wife hates it.....

What's that saying again: "plus ca change, plus la meme chose..."

Roughly translated by my wife as: men are such f***wits.....

Judge ,wrong thread I know, sorry.I have been watching re runs of Judge John Deed and I am thoroughly hooked. What an awesome show!
Sadly,showing my age ,but I have a bit of a crush on Martin Shaw.:$

Anyway .I quite like the jumper too.

Reasons i don't like it.

- I don't think the Lion stands out enough, the yellow on white gets lost
- it doesn't connect to the other jumpers. AT least last years was virtually a white version of the others, this is something compeltely different, it is a pre-season/ heritage style jumper not a clash version of our existing jumper.
- those asterisking watermarks

I don't like it much at all.

Why the 'Y'? I know it's about tradition but the jumper would look much better with just the 'V' up top, IMO. Not for me, thanks.

Just wanted to drop by and give my thoughts on the new clash strip.
To remove my beloved Port from the equation for a moment, (as I am biased towards them), I think you now have one of the best clash strips in the AFL. It is distinctive, modern and yet what I love as a Port supporter, it embraces your clubs past and proudly displays it.

Well done, hard not to be proud of this one, hope the club keeps it for a while.

I generally like it, but agree with comments about the Y - would have preferred a V with the Lion then sitting only over one colour.

But not getting too upset about it, we will look 300000000% better than last year in all our jumper offerings.

onwards and upwards

Like the look of the new clash jumper, with what they had to work with i think it looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit to never having bought any Lions apparel, except for the yearly cap (was given a paddle pop one, didn't buy that one myself), Though I do quite like the return of the guernsey to how it should look & I do quite like the new clash strip too, but being me, I still won't buy either.

I really like it in the context of what's come before but I wish they went with a smaller lion over the maroon (like Fitzroy's jumpers with the FFC logo in the middle) that would avoid the yellow on white which is the only detractor for me.

Does anyone else think our jumpers would look good with the Melbourne style collar from a season or two ago? I think they have a touch of that old school class and I'm not really sure why they got rid of it (or even if they did).

Last edited:
Just got an away jumper in the mail.. Had a light shining down from the heavens moment with it when it came out the plastic.
Whacked it on. Just not as good a fit as they once were, anyone else think the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back