Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on the 85 Bears?
It was absolutely brilliant. The reverance the defensive line had for Buddy Ryan, and the late Walter Payton was astounding.
Yeah it was great. Steve McMichael is an absolute weapon. Amazing how Ditka didn't know that Sweetness would have been so keen to get a TD in the Superbowl.

Mike Singletary is a sensational bloke - such a shame he wasn't particularly successful as a head coach.

Anyone watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on the 85 Bears?
It was absolutely brilliant. The reverance the defensive line had for Buddy Ryan, and the late Walter Payton was astounding.

Loved it!!

Singletary and Ryan relationship (and other defence guys) was amazing. That's the most amazing thing a coach can ask for.

I miss Walter

Forte moving on next season as Bears decide not to offer a new contract.
I'm disappointed with this. Forte along with Urlacher were the main reasons I chose to follow the Bears

bears was still a great choice. long line of great players, past and present. at the running back position one of note, forte added to the long list there.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to jump ship. Those two were one reason, but I really like the sporting culture of Chicago as a city and nominally follow them in all other major sports other than NBA (I don't really follow other sports but if I get asked I'll always say I'm a Cubs/Blackhawks/Fire fan). Being in Chicago for a week really helped cement this for me. They live and breathe sport as much as Melbournians do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to jump ship. Those two were one reason, but I really like the sporting culture of Chicago as a city and nominally follow them in all other major sports other than NBA (I don't really follow other sports but if I get asked I'll always say I'm a Cubs/Blackhawks/Fire fan). Being in Chicago for a week really helped cement this for me. They live and breathe sport as much as Melbournians do.
When you're a fan of a team for so long.....like me for instance.....you see multiple champions of the club come and go, come and go, and you realize they're all just part of the tapestry that makes up the greatness of your club. You can follow them, thru the highs and lows, and then you can let them move on while still celebrating them as a mainstay of your club.

I'm disappointed with this. Forte along with Urlacher were the main reasons I chose to follow the Bears

Was a tough call but with a good young running back and the new era with Fox and co the writing was on the wall for Forte especially with Alshon looking for some serious coin

You and me both.
I went to Wrigley Field and was instantly infatuated in the Cubs, and now am also an avid follower of the Blackhawks too.
I'd chosen the (gasp) Packers earlier when i was traveling due to the green and gold colors of Oz, but its now only marginal to my love for the bears too.

Oh yes and i know its similar to loving both Carlton and Richmond but they're both now in my sporting heart!

You and me both.
I went to Wrigley Field and was instantly infatuated in the Cubs, and now am also an avid follower of the Blackhawks too.
I'd chosen the (gasp) Packers earlier when i was traveling due to the green and gold colors of Oz, but its now only marginal to my love for the bears too.

Oh yes and i know its similar to loving both Carlton and Richmond but they're both now in my sporting heart!

Amazing how you picked the Packers now you like the mortal enemy haha! But it happens like that if you haven't been there I reckon. I'm a massive Ranger fan but I love the Cubs as well, just the history, the failures and now the new players coming through (not to mention the historic ball park)

I went and watched the Monday night game between chargers and bears this year and spent a week in San Diego and absolutely looooooved it and hat makes you feel soft spots for Chargers and Padres as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed,

Pace and the guys know our main weaknesses and are trying to rectify them first. I think next year is looking quite promising actually
Even as early as this year they'll surprise. They still have weapons on offense and their D is even stronger. The NFC North is wide open again.

Bennett off to the Patriots. Brady with another big target!

A win for boy teams I think, cap space for us and get rid of someone who they didn't think was buying in and Patriots get a good player who will be targeted plenty of times by Brady.

im high on my Bears this season.
Fox has a great record in his 2nd season with previous teams.
Fangio now has some more weapons on defence.
The offense in terms of play calling should not change a great deal with Loggains replacing Gase. Hopefully Jay flourishes in this.
We needed to get younger. We did.
Kevin White.

Still a couple of years off SB contenders but Pace is steering us in the right direction.
Wish list this year.
8+ wins.
Beat Fudgies twice.

Go Bears.

I'm not very confident on offense:
I'm worried about White - athletic freak but not a polished receiver and coming off injury. I'm worried about Jeffery leaving or injured. I'm worried about Cutler regressing without Pace. Fine it's the same system but without the brains of the operation it only has to be a bit off for Jay to stuff it up. I'm worried about the OL and was disappointed they released Slauson. No Forte is a lot of pressure on the kid. No Bennett, will Miller stay healthy? Too many questions on that side of the ball.

Defense I'm liking. It's built strong up front with options to get to the passer and some decent linebackers. Secondary is weak but that's ok. Would rather that than gaps elsewhere and there are young guys pushing up. Would love Fuller to prove himself as a proper starter.

Special teams should be ok but I'd like to replace Gould soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back