Collingwood VFL versus AFL Academy team Sat May 21 match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the big ruckman Roberts and Matt Wetering, looked good.....
Roberts looks a good back up VFL ruck, a bit like Lachlan Howe a few years good. Murray with his leap and better agility looked more AFL relevant albeit maybe as a KPP instead of ruck. Reasonable pace for a tall too.

Did Draper go off in the second half? Didn't spot him.

Also would love to have some more top picks this year. Was really impressed with the Academy team, so much talent there.

Did Draper go off in the second half? Didn't spot him.

Also would love to have some more top picks this year. Was really impressed with the Academy team, so much talent there.

Draper played a half which I believe was the plan

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, I was impressed with 30, 29, 7 and 3.

Obviously, 3 is the big name and # 1 but I thought 7 was impressive too.

IMO, 30 down back was the most impressive tall on the ground followed by 29 forward.

I'd be happy with 14 and 18 too but only 18 will be getable.

Callum Brown got lot of the Ball but was not Effective

Macrare had Quiet 1st Half but got busy 2nd Half

Murley had another Solid Game

Harrison seemed to only play a Half like Draper. Got bit of the Ball but did not use it well

Bianco was Solid

McMahon again showed Signs down back

Full time :
NAB AFL Academy 6:9 - 45
Collingwood VFL 10:7 - 67

Disposals -

17. Cal Brown 30
34. Chugg 15
27. Marley 13
36. Harrison 13

Goals -
64. Raines 3 goals
62. Wetering 3 goals

Eggmollesse-Smith worth watching, also shows something.

This looks a better draft class (2022) than the last few
A year to hit this draft I reckon
Given your comments, it sounds as if it would be extremely useful to finish around 15th to 17th this year in terms of access to high draft picks. So in my view just play the kids for the remainder of 2022. Goodnight & good luck.

"Magpies midfielder Callum Brown was Collingwood's best with 30 disposals, while Isaac Chugg (17 disposals), Finlay Macrae (15) and Harvey Harrison (13) were also among the ball-getters."

"Magpies midfielder Callum Brown was Collingwood's best with 30 disposals, while Isaac Chugg (17 disposals), Finlay Macrae (15) and Harvey Harrison (13) were also among the ball-getters."

Had 30 Touches but did nothing really with them.

Qtrs where only 25 Minutes as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full time :
NAB AFL Academy 6:9 - 45
Collingwood VFL 10:7 - 67

Disposals -

17. Cal Brown 30
34. Chugg 15
27. Marley 13
36. Harrison 13

Goals -
64. Raines 3 goals
62. Wetering 3 goals

Eggmollesse-Smith worth watching, also shows something.
Having watched the game I’m amazed cal had 30. Would have gone at about 30% and all his kicks were 10m passes. Same issues as at afl level, everything he does is rushed and poor disposal

Ive been pretty critical of Macrae this season, but thought his second half the best ive seen this season. Finally showed some energy, urgency and even pace..now to do it in a real game
It seems like Macrae looks lazy at times but can turn it on and really influences the look of the team when he does. Have been doing it all season. Not sure why he starts games slowly.

Wardlaw and Fletcher were good. I think Fletcher’s game was better than some of the comments. So clean.

I’ve been very critical of Draper, but I thought in the 1st half he looked really strong.

Our team seemed to be primarily VFL players. Obviously a big game for the ‘Australian’ team kids to show up, and draw attention.

One thing is some of those VFL players actually look like they can play. Just goes to show there is talent out there if clubs are prepared to look outside the U/18 comps.

And seriously Bianco will never make it. Because of his lack of pace, his disposal is very ordinary. In the 1st half he was passing it to players in a worse position holding up the run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back