Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmm for all the talk of our super backline; i'll never doubt our super rebounding ability or 3rd man in ability but do we have a weakness against the high leading marking forward? the voldt, pav, cloke, type? I dont think hooker/hurley have tanks to compete with these guys so much and they may get lost in the system. If i think off the top of my head its always this type that gets at us. I notice Cloke has been happy to park in the 50 this year and ill take that all day long if he could continue it this week, White/Elliot seem to be providing the movement.

When cloke gets up and down the wings getting his hands on the ball he gets confident and starts clunking them on the way back.

Winderlich defensive fwd against Lumumba. As much as people give him sh*t, his influence needs to be quelled

not many more annoying things than seeing him get the ball and bound forward like a bull in a china shop, theres no real rhyme or plan to where he is going, he just goes but it breaks things up

When the game was on the line last year, Carlisle almost shut down cloke completely. Regardless of whats been said througout the week, surely the Anzac day last year is reviewed and common sense prevails.....unfortunately i cant see this happening!! Theres a bigger difference in Carlisle v Hurley playing back thean there is carlisle v hurley fwd for mine!

One thing I don't want to see is Maxell or Lumbada playing loose man in defense mopping up every forward entry.

Exactly this, nothing more fustrating than seeing these two play well against a patch of grass, goddard and ambrose to keep these two occupied at varying stages.
Fwdline of Carlisle/(JD), bellchambers/ryder, Chapman, jetta, meritt, ambrose/goddard suddenly looks alot harder to stop.

Make the Coll backs accountable and i dont see why we wont be in with a big shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood pick Brown I hope we see all members of the Essendon forward line act like decent humans. Show him no favour in the contest but don't be a bunch of campaigners and "test out" his shoulder before play starts.

I personally find that sort of stuff as low as punching a bloke in the nuts. Because lets be honest if it's "fair game" to hit somewhere you know it will potentially injure him when there ball is not your objective then I don't see why the nuts aren't "fair game".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-22/in-the-mix-round-six

ESSENDON

Brendon Goddard and Jason Winderlich are almost certain to return for the Anzac Day blockbuster against Collingwood. Goddard suffered a calf injury in the warm-up before the Fremantle clash two weeks ago, while Winderlich was rested from the loss to St Kilda. Ruckman Tom Bellchambers (ankle) played his first match for the season in the VFL on Saturday and ideally needs another run before returning to the seniors, but with a misfiring forward line the Bombers may be inclined to pull the trigger and play him predominantly as a marking target inside 50. - Gary Walsh

Sigh, it can't be that hard can it?

We need run from defence. We need all 6 defenders to be able to compete physically in what will be a ding dong battle between two sides trying to go from 8-5 to top 4.

Just a thought...but do we play Dempsey then? He is training with the main group...he is in our top 5-6 players....

I'm worried about Elliott. Baguley often struggles with the marking small forwards and Hibberd wasn't great on Thomas in round 1.

Fletch imo if Elliot plays inside 50. I'd trust Hurley/Hooker on their other talls.

not many more annoying things than seeing him get the ball and bound forward like a bull in a china shop, theres no real rhyme or plan to where he is going, he just goes but it breaks things up

It is heart in mouth stuff when Harry is running with the ball like that. But no one seems to be able to tackle him, and somehow, as ugly as it looks sometimes, he ends up in space pumping the ball deep inside 50 or even having a shot on goal.

It's like watching a horse break through it's barrier or something.

Baggers shut down elliot last year no?

Elliot is a heck of a lot better. Fletch can play small. The only worry is Elliot doesn't always go inside F50, Hibberd is the one that can run with him. If he stays inside 50, I'd give Fletch the matchup as he has played on smalls like Milne/Betts before

Elliot is a heck of a lot better. Fletch can play small. The only worry is Elliot doesn't always go inside F50, Hibberd is the one that can run with him. If he stays inside 50, I'd give Fletch the matchup as he has played on smalls like Milne/Betts before
Only reason i prefer baggers to fletch on elliot was that elliot is perhaps not that fond of being niggled and baggers is an expert at that. Fletch is too nice sometimes for his own good

Only reason i prefer baggers to fletch on elliot was that elliot is perhaps not that fond of being niggled and baggers is an expert at that. Fletch is too nice sometimes for his own good

I just worry about Baguely as a 1 on 1 defender. He provides run but 1 on 1 against their best leading forward in Elliot worries the living daylights out of me. He is a 10 times better version than Ballyntyne and probably behind Reiwolt as the form forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back