Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, ANZAC Day @ Melbourne Cricket Ground, 2:40PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just worry about Baguely as a 1 on 1 defender. He provides run but 1 on 1 against their best leading forward in Elliot worries the living daylights out of me. He is a 10 times better version than Ballyntyne and probably behind Reiwolt as the form forward!
i dare say they will use fletch anyway. Mr Fix It will do the job required. We're prety luck to have a versatile back line that we can swap around to nullify forwards. I reckon for this game we should be putting Carlisle on Cloke or even paddy coz he murdered him before, either would be fine.

Not yet for mine, probably not the game to debut someone

He is 22 with a few games of AFL experience with some seriously good performances on the board at VFL level.

With the senior team losing, why not mix it up? I get Collingwood are a good side and Anzac day is a big stage but we shouldn't be shying away and protecting him.

I wouldn't throw Carlisle back to play on a suddenly ominous looking Cloke. It doesn't seem wise to put a guy who's out of form and has trained all preseason in a different position in kpd on a potential matchwinning forward, even if he did do well on cloke last year.

Ryder also has very good form playing on Cloke, Hooker will get him first up, But they may send Paddy back at some stage..

Couldn't think of a better game TBH. Be jumping out of his skin at the first bounce.

I'd rather do it the following week. Possibly as a sub but that is it. I'd rather play Dempsey if we are going down the 'risky' option.

He is 22 with a few games of AFL experience with some seriously good performances on the board at VFL level.

With the senior team losing, why not mix it up? I get Collingwood are a good side and Anzac day is a big stage but we shouldn't be shying away and protecting him.

You would think that Goddard, Ryder (I know he played last week), Winderlich Bellchambers (maybe), etc are enough changes in the last 2 weeks. This week isn't the time to be gambling on him. He is very promising, lets not belt him into the ground.

Gotta say that it is UNPROFESSIONAL of the AFL for teams not to release their teams tonight. That means if the teams are released at the normal time 6.30pm on Thursday this is 20hrs before the game. Not good enough !

Gotta say that it is UNPROFESSIONAL of the AFL for teams not to release their teams tonight. That means if the teams are released at the normal time 6.30pm on Thursday this is 20hrs before the game. Not good enough !

What is the difference apart from Supercoach reasons? 1 or 2 days, does it really matter?

What is the difference apart from Supercoach reasons? 1 or 2 days, does it really matter?

The announcement of the teams is part of the lead-up to the game. There are three games on Anzac Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The announcement of the teams is part of the lead-up to the game. There are three games on Anzac Day.

They are announced every week on Thursday, not sure why there needs to be a special announcement for these games on Friday!

Does Harry O'whateverthe****hisnameis play in defence any more? I thought I'd noticed him more on the wing.

Last year he was tested on Wing predominately, however this year with a lack of stock in defense we have move him into defense again, where in my opinion he does his best work, providing run is essential to all good back lines.

Hey lads, looking forward to tomorrow, apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone have an opinion on who McCaffer should go to? Opinion on our board is pretty evenly split between Heppel, Stanton and Jobe.

Cheers,
Bucks

What is the difference from any other week of the season when games are played on Fridays? this one is just 5 hours earlier.

Hey lads, looking forward to tomorrow, apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone have an opinion on who McCaffer should go to? Opinion on our board is pretty evenly split between Heppel, Stanton and Jobe.

Cheers,
Bucks

Well seeing how Heppell was playing in the first 4 weeks and then seeing how he played last week with his first real hard tag, I would be tagging him.

IMO he should go to Heppell but he will probably go to Jobe.

Jobe when in the middle is very hard to stop, you can stop the influence of Stanton/Heppell a lot easier than Jobe. Heppell IMO is more damaging than Stanton.

Brent starts a lot of our switch movements. Heppell gets more hard ball/attacks more.

Unusual thing to get fired up about...

I'd be happy for McCaffer (who is a scragging ****knuckle) to go to Heppell who is the least damaging of those three.
Hey thats not very nice! Hes only been on the job less than a season. The 5 frees he gave away against Richmond was more than ideal, whereas he didnt have much impact on Dal Santo last week, not that it mattered too much. Hopefully he gets the balance right against whoever he goes to tomorrow :D

Nah, he's a clogger. Dal Santo stood the mark when someone like Beams or Young or whoever got a free last week, and Macaffer, rather than doing what the best taggers like Crowley would do and run forward to get a goal and get right under Dal's nose, stood next to him, guarding the dangerous man on the mark.

Absolute waste of space.

Agree BTG.. some taggers are better than others.. macfluff has no purpose other than to scrag a good player down to his level.. no intention to get the ball/hurt him the other way or do anything productive with the actual ball.

That is why I respect Hocking so much, yes he may not be the best pure 'tagger' in the league.. but he limits the opposition, gathers plenty of his own ball and makes a forward option whenever possible to ensure that his opponent has to pay him some respect... ie works both ways..

I really can't abide the situation where there is a player that has no interest in the ball at all..ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back