News Corey Gault officially upgraded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good news for once;

@AFL_PKeane: Collingwood has upgraded Corey Gault from rookie list as the replacement for Brent Macaffer, who was already on the long-term injury list.

hope they play him and drop white.
I don't, I hope they both play.

If we drop White and only play Gault, who is the second forward when Gault is in the ruck?

White plays his best football as a forward, while Gault has actually played some really good footy as a ruckman at VFL level.

Play them both please.

NO REALLY:eek:

Kind of makes it look silly putting him on the Rookie List and he get’s Upgraded for RD1.

So we have a 3 Tall Forward line of Cloke,White and Grundy/Gault

Been impressed with him over the pre season, looks like he will be named tonight. Good news, I like the look of the forward line with Cloke white and Gault/Grundy.

He deserves his spot - Gault.

If anything, we can probably stretch them for height up forward.

White's had a good pre-season by all reports - I think he'll do a lot better this year.

Let's hope we see Cloke move from the goal square tonight and spend some time at Centre Half Forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's done pretty well this pre-season, glad to see him upgraded.

Don't think Witts is quite ready for round 1, so Cloke, White and Gault will be our tall forwards

Would love him to get a game with White and Cloke, always thought a 3 KP forward line was the way to go for us, like the days with Dawes, Brown and Cloke together.

Well, it looks like Gault is a lock for round 1. I would imagine that he will be played in tandem with White and they will both play minutes through the ruck as relief for Grundy since Witts is unavailable. Eases the pressure on Grundy considerably having two guys who can give him a chop out.

This raises the question of whether there is room for PK though. If he's selected we're going to have quite a tall forward line, but maybe that's the point, given Brisbanes lousy defence.

Would love him to get a game with White and Cloke, always thought a 3 KP forward line was the way to go for us, like the days with Dawes, Brown and Cloke together.

Aren't they forcasting a wet night on Saturday. Will be a bit silly having 3 or 4 talls in the forward line if those conditions become a reality.

Awesome. Offers some pretty good hands and good kick. All 3 offer something a little different but I like the idea of confusing the opposition defence by mixing up the 3 talls in various combos, especially in the centre where both White and Gault are very handy when the ball comes down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back