Crows Supporters Group

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you drop the F bomb when you are around colleague or superiors at work?
Well yeah, in some situations but my colleagues and boss (apart from being a PAP supporter) are pretty cool.

I don't swear around clients, but have a pretty good relationship with many of them, and it is interesting how many casually drop the f bomb in conversation.

It is about what is appropriate for the situation. The footy is IMO a place where some swearing is perfectly acceptable.

Well yeah, in some situations but my colleagues and boss (apart from being a PAP supporter) are pretty cool.

I don't swear around clients, but have a pretty good relationship with many of them, and it is interesting how many casually drop the f bomb in conversation.

It is about what is appropriate for the situation. The footy is IMO a place where some swearing is perfectly acceptable.

Which swear words are acceptable around kids and elderly people?

I don't know if this is a subtle dig at the CSG or not but using that language isn't acceptable as people have to listen to it.

You make a choice in what you read, but you can nit have a choice where you sit and whom you have to listen to.

As long as the AFL have a rule that prevents the use of this language - people shouldn't use it.

If you drop the occasional * or s**t at the football that is fine. IMO the C word is a bit much.

Contrary to popular belief, hearing swear words doesn't actually hurt you. It's not my responsibly to enforce your parenting choices either.

If people do wish to avoid swearing and still go to the footy, I absolutely endorse a non-swearing & alcohol free family area where they can sit.

Ok - from this point on, I won't use a profanity. Report it or call me out if you read it. It won't happen.

I don't swear in real life (as opposed to the cyber world) and haven't fir close to 10 years. No issue at all.

I just guess, you are now arguing for the sake of it and don't really have a point. If you don't agree with me.

I dont care whether you swear or not online or in the real world, but you'd think if you were so passionate about these certain combinations of letters you wouldnt be typing them to people you dont know on an online forum. You could be swearing at 10 year olds for all you know.

I don't know if this is a subtle dig at the CSG or not but using that language isn't acceptable as people have to listen to it.

You make a choice in what you read, but you can nit have a choice where you sit and whom you have to listen to.

As long as the AFL have a rule that prevents the use of this language - people shouldn't use it.
Not a dig, I just remember how annoyed I used to get when my kids were younger and people felt it was there right to use inappropriate language just because they were at the footy.

I dont care whether you swear or not online or in the real world, but you'd think if you were so passionate about these certain combinations of letters you wouldnt be typing them to people you dont know on an online forum. You could be swearing at 10 year olds for all you know.

The difference is, you have the choice to read it or not.

At the footy, I don't have that choice to sit close by that person using that language or not.

I can not walk away.

Not a dig, I just remember how annoyed I used to get when my kids were younger and people felt it was there right to use inappropriate language just because they were at the footy.

Agree - really on this I do. Fight it every day.

However, the elderly?

Agree - really on this I do. Fight it every day.

However, the elderly?

My take on the elderly is that they were raised in a completely different era (captain obvious) where especially the females were not subjected to any swear language. As generations change so will the acceptance of different behaviours but I believe our current elderly generation in general still cringe at poor use of the English language.
Yes, there are always exceptions to the general rule - see Alberton Oval:D

Thats why they have the swear filter.
But the swear filter really doesn't stop it does it?

I mean, when you see **** you, you still ready * in your head, didn't you?

reading mother****er, is no different in your head to reading the actual word. You're not saying mother-bleeper in your head, are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on the elderly is that they were raised in a completely different era (captain obvious) where especially the females were not subjected to any swear language. As generations change so will the acceptance of different behaviours but I believe our current elderly generation in general still cringe at poor use of the English language.
Yes, there are always exceptions to the general rule - see Alberton Oval:D
They were also raised in an era where overt racism was acceptable...

They were also raised in an era where overt racism was acceptable...
You're on the money there, I was amazed how openly my grandparents used to openly use terms which were totally unacceptable these days and rightly so.

You're on the money there, I was amazed how openly my grandparents used to openly use terms which were totally unacceptable these days and rightly so.
I caught up with my great-uncle over christmas. He is in his 90's and we were having a beer at the pub.

I love his comments after my fiancee had gone somewhere else.

He asked if I was 'working it' because, and this is a direct quote... 'If you don't work it, some other c**t will come and work it for you'. yep, a wise old man he is :)

He then proceeded to inform me that when he was younger, he'd 'shear a hundred, then come home and have one'. He wasn't talking about a nice cold beer...

edit - HA! "THIS WORD IS A BLOCKED SWEAR WORD"....whatever could I have said? :p

But the swear filter really doesn't stop it does it?

I mean, when you see **** you, you still ready **** in your head, didn't you?

reading mother****er, is no different in your head to reading the actual word. You're not saying mother-bleeper in your head, are you?

Oh well - let's let society go to complete anarchy and we should just use every dirty word we can.

Let's not worry about other people as they don't matter? Right.

Oh well - let's let society go to complete anarchy and we should just use every dirty word we can.

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Let's not worry about other people as they don't matter? Right.

Lazy debating.

Reductio ad absurdum and a strawman.

OK, I can use them too.

Yeah...let's just ban ALL spoken words in public, you never know which one could offend someone. Let's all sit at the footy in complete silence. Just think of the children!

Sticks and stones my friend.

If you can't handle the odd F-bomb or even C-bomb, stay home and watch the ABC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back