List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Cameron - played in team that just missed finals

Possessions 10.7
Marks 5.6
Goals 2.9

Jesse Hogan

Possessions 13
Marks 6.7
Goals 2.2

Tom Lynch - played for bottom 3 team with decimated midfield

Possessions 14.8
Marks 6.7
Goals 2.2

Hogan and Lynch's stats are almost identical, granted he is a little younger but you would be hard pressed to split them.

Cameron has bigger games than both when he is on but is less consistent than both of them.

Don't need to tell me..
Tweet the prick.

I feel like the bloke has told me my daughter is ugly.

But I am alright with that as he has never seen my daughter and presumably he has never seen Tom Lynch play given his comments.

I'm glad his comments are in a written tweet so it can be retweeted to him when he gets AA this year.

Guys. Who gives a f*** what Ox thinks. Hes a Melbourne man so of course he is going to have Hogan on a freaking shrine. And Cameron burst on to the scene so everybody fell in love with him early. Lynchy has kind of just improved gradually from year to year since his break out a couple of seasons ago. But long story short, we've got him and the other clubs dont have the chance to.

This is a great opportunity for the Suns fans to get one back on David 'Ox' Schwarz. I suggest recreating this famous moment:

Tom Lynch kicks a goal during the round 1 match against Essendon at Metricon and you have someone dressed as David Schwarz (Demons jumper and all to avoid confusion) walk down the steps to the guard rail. This Schwarz impersonator then starts heckling Lynch about his salary and you have a Suns fan walk over to slam him in the face with a cake like Sam Newman did on The Footy Show. You could even give GCFC Digital the hot tip on when it will happen so they can guarantee coverage on TV.

If the Melbourne media think Lynch is worse than Cameron and Hogan then we'll happily keep him :p. If it wasn't for Carlton and Essendon being so poor a lot of them would put the Suns as wooden spoon favorites. I'm going to enjoy watching them change their minds when Lynch and the Suns are having an awesome year.

If the Melbourne media think Lynch is worse than Cameron and Hogan then we'll happily keep him :p. If it wasn't for Carlton and Essendon being so poor a lot of them would put the Suns as wooden spoon favorites. I'm going to enjoy watching them change their minds when Lynch and the Suns are having an awesome year.[/QUOTE
This year Lynch will be the better of the 3 with some silver service from the midfield.
Anyone that is serious about their footy should know that a fit GC, under Eade, will be knocking on the door of the 8 in no time. I would go as far to say that 10th this year & finals next year should be the benchmark without having a ceiling( think the Eagles turn of form).

Injuries and the depth / form of the 16-22 ranked players in our side on a weekly basis will decide our rate of improvement this season imo. If players like Sexton, Lonergan, Garlett and dare I say it, McKenzie and Shaw, really step up, we could climb right up the ladder.

Everything I could say about Lynch has already been said the last two pages. He is our franchise player in waiting and heart and soul of the team. Our most consistent performer in the hardest position on the ground. He has insane structural value to our team with his work up the ground and pushing back in to defence as well. Not to mention he's an efficient goal kicker with very good running and ground level ability. He's worth anything he asks really.

His leadership and character is such a huge bonus. Absolutely our next captain and you can see it in the way he talks about the team with a sense of ownership. What a pick at pick 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all phased or interested by Ox and his comments. He's an irrelevant idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any1 copy the Herald Suns article on O'Meara here please.
I've used all my free articles :(

It's called 'Suns brace for Jaeger bombshell'

Jaeger O'Meara seriously considers move to a Melbourne club next year
JAEGER O’Meara’s manager will meet with Gold Coast on Wednesday as he seriously considers a move to a Melbourne club next year.

The star Gold Coast midfielder is desperate to focus on his football this year and seems likely to park his contract until midyear at best.

The Herald Sun reported last September he seemed destined to leave the Suns, having bought a property in Melbourne as he considered his next step.

West Australian O’Meara has a Melbourne-based girlfriend with a new job in advertising who shares his Prahran apartment.

He could write his own cheque for a new start at a Victorian team but has not solicited offers and will instead spend his season focusing on football.

At this stage it would take a significant change of mind for him to consider a long-term contract on the Gold Coast.

Clubs including Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn would be expected to come hard at O’Meara if he announces his departure.

The Suns received a huge shot in the arm with news star forward Tom Lynch was keen to stay on a new three-year deal.

But while Lynch has always been wedded to the Gold Coast, 21-year-old O’Meara is destined to play football in a big city.

He has no desire to move back to Perth and spent large chunks of the off-season in Melbourne.

O’Meara took on work experience with Fox Footy last year and even took part in a leadership conference on the Mornington Peninsula.

The Gold Coast hopes its new medical and sports science structure and $22 million permanent training and administration base being built will help add to their retention strategy.

Industrious midfielder Dion Prestia has also been contacted by most Melbourne clubs and will assess his options during the season.

Gold Coast football boss Marcus Ashcroft said late last year the Suns believed they could retain the star trio.

‘’We are always confident. I know, having seen the boys here when we had the on-field performances go the way they did sometimes, it can be hard to stay motivated,” he said.

‘’But once we put things in place and the pre-season is in full swing, we have the right people in place to give them what they need and that will roll into them wanting to be at our footy club.

‘’The proof will be in the pudding, but we are supremely confident we have the right people and structures to give them the very best.”

Biggest test of the club's retention program to date. They better put forward a really good proposal to O'Meara's manager today otherwise he's likely walking.

FFS This is old news. It was reported weeks ago that Jaeger said he was putting off contract talks until at least round 7 to focus on getting back onto the field and actually play some footy.

Yet the very same paper mentioned no more than 2 days ago that confidence in Jaeger staying has grown.

Was just thinking the same thing , Robbo says a day ago he may re-sign then the next day they have him going . Bit of guess work going on at the H-S .

The question is which clubs has 2x firts rounders to offer if he were to leave? If it were to happen GC would want a Treloar type deal as a minimum IMO.

"Dare" to be different would be happy to put "pepper money " on it.

Bought some nice real estate in Melbourne has Jaeger.

Jaeger O'Meara could be offered 10-year deal, says expert Chris Pelchen

This could be what the Suns are up against, according to Fox Footy. It's pretty obvious the Suns will need to make a considerable upgrade on his current salary in order to have a shot at keeping him. So what's the most appealing offer the club can put in front of him? A 4-year contract that will bring him out as a free agent in 2020 seems logical. Salary wise, they have to be smart and use Gary's situation to their advantage. I presume Gary's contract is front-ended which should mean O'Meara's will be back-ended. You're looking at a minimum of 800k per year average over that hypothetical 4-year contract. The new facilities that will be finished towards the end of the year should be appealing as well. I think Jaeger was/is a FIAT ambassador but the club will probably need to step up their game in terms of third party agreements for Jaeger because the Melbourne clubs would absolutely have that area covered.

Trading Bennell and Dixon at the end of last year is proving crucial when it comes to hanging on to Lynch, Prestia and O'Meara.

The decision to trade Dicko and Harley is looking to be the right call at this stage. I trust the club to make the right call in assessing JOM's value and not sell the farm risking the loss of KK, 2MP, Touk etc. Everyone will be watching with interest to see how his knee/s hold up. All the speculation about how much he will cost is just that until we see where he's at onfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back