Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to turn it around pretty quickly or I don't think we'll even make the playoffs.

Seriously this is crap. I was putting our s**t form down to missing the Chandler's but now they're back and we're playing worse than before pretty much!

It's not on one player, they are all just playing absolute rubbish. If the team as a whole can't turn it around then we're screwed this season.

So frustrating to have a team with so much talent on paper just can't get the chemistry right.

Im not as happy with this deal.

The team relies on a quick flow offense where Parsons, Nelson, Monta, JJ, Harris or Jefferson can attack, shoot or pass. Even Chandler and Wright are used to pass from elbow sets.

This removes all that and puts the ball in one guy's hands. A guy who can't shoot 40% from the field, 30% from 3 or 35% from the line.

It will help the D (maybe) and rebounding but the dynamic offense (on near record pace) may have been killed.
So ah yeah...Rondo has not worked.

This team desperately needs shooting, and that hasnt been the case in over 10 years.

So ah yeah...Rondo has not worked.

This team desperately needs shooting, and that hasnt been the case in over 10 years.

Yeah looks like he is gone anyway will probably be stuck with Felton as our starter

Yeah Rondo hasn't worked but at least we tried something. We weren't going to go very far with the team we had at the start of the season.

At least we're not locked into Rondo long term, after today there's no chance he stays. Which means we probably re-sign Monta which I'm not sure is the best move either.

Having Parsons in and out all the time has hurt us pretty bad towards the end of season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pray to all the gods that Parsons injury isn't too bad.

Need to see who opts in/out. Rondo is obviously gone.

Aminu will prob opt out and I think we try to work a deal with him. He was so good this season.
Monta will prob opt out and we should see what he wants but don't overpay.
Felton will prob opt in. He showed towards the end of the season he might deserve some more minutes, maybe in the role Barea had been playing. We should cut Barea as we have too many PG's already, believe it was a mistake to sign him at the start of the season when we had more pressing structure issues.

If we re-sign Monta we need to look for a defensive minded PG that can be a threat from 3pt something akin to JKidd in 2011.

Would like to keep Amare if he will take a small contract.
Need to re-sign Tyson. Happy with Bernard James as depth as well.

Would be happy to see the back of Charlie V, RJ and Greg Smith.

Need to keep Manta with an aging Dirk
Sign JJ as a back up cut Felton

I saw Ty Lawson make a tweet then took it down about playing for the Mavs

Last edited:
DeAndre Jordan for Tyson Chandler in a sign and trade

Ty Lawson in some kind of trade

Pretty quiet around here some talk we are a big chance at Aldridge having Dirk come off the bench could be pretty good

Ellis opts out we most likely don't resign him which would be really disappointing

Kidd Vicious where you at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back