Dane Swan doesn't give a ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally Unbelievable - Swan has had 27, kicked a couple in trying conditions - improving each game after surgery - We still love you Swanny even if some don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's official Dane Swan does not and has not had a groin injury.

Asked about it tonight
When they were talking to him, I got this sudden urge to put a bet on him for the ANZAC day medal.

Blaze if you like to believe everything AFL players say well good for you, I do not.

Lets agree to disagree OK?

I think the key point of this thread is that Swan does indeed 'give a ****' and whether he has been injured or not, he's coming back into form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Dane's attitude comes across like he doesn't care, he seems to enjoy Collingwood without his mates. I am happy for him.
Enjoyed his joking about Bucks becoming an assistant at Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must of been what stopped him changing direction at speed and making him grimmace when kicking long.

If it wasnt groin related then it was ankle or similar.

He has always grimaced and waddled and pulled up short after long runs... do people have short memories? I think the simple fact is if you have a groin strain or tear or OP you simply do not keep playing. Combine that with the fact Buckley and Swan are honest blokes and both have categorically said there is no groin injury, well there was no injury, just people needing to make excuses for his bad performances.

Wouldn't be the first time a guy down on form has grimaced around the field either, Andy Murray is the master of it.

He has always grimaced and waddled and pulled up short after long runs... do people have short memories? I think the simple fact is if you have a groin strain or tear or OP you simply do not keep playing. Combine that with the fact Buckley and Swan are honest blokes and both have categorically said there is no groin injury, well there was no injury, just people needing to make excuses for his bad performances.

Wouldn't be the first time a guy down on form has grimaced around the field either, Andy Murray is the master of it.

Mate come off it he was not moving well and it's not his normal way he moves.
He was/is clearly restricted and you can tell as he has never had a problem changing direction or accelerating like he has this year. Btw lots of player's have played season's out with groin issues ask judd and our own luke ball.

There is no spin.

If Swan had a groin injury there is a 0% chance he would be playing every week...

I don't believe it either. It's just my judgement from watching him closely last week but he looks like he is carrying a groin injury to me. You can play through a groin injury if it isn't too serious, I have before, it just restricts you a bit.

Must of been what stopped him changing direction at speed and making him grimmace when kicking long.

If it wasnt groin related then it was ankle or similar.
I don't think I made any mention of his ankle, groin or any other part of his body?
I was referring to the glandular fever he had in the off season.
I have had glandular fever and know very well how sapping it is.
Are you disputing that he had it?

Can someone (mods?) please change the thread title to "Dane Swan injured?" or something similar? That's where the real queries lie.
It was ridiculous in the first place to suggest he doesn't care and the thread title is embarrassing. There could however be some basis for speculating on an injury and all the recent posts are about this.

My two cents - he may be carrying something minor as he doesn't seem to have the afterburners so far this year although there is slow improvement. Also I'm guessing the interchange cap doesn't help matters as we have to be more prudent in when to give him a breather.

Can someone (mods?) please change the thread title to "Dane Swan injured?" or something similar? That's where the real queries lie.
It was ridiculous in the first place to suggest he doesn't care and the thread title is embarrassing. There could however be some basis for speculating on an injury and all the recent posts are about this.

My two cents - he may be carrying something minor as he doesn't seem to have the afterburners so far this year although there is slow improvement. Also I'm guessing the interchange cap doesn't help matters as we have to be more prudent in when to give him a breather.

Done! Sort of...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back