List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the pigs and the cows in their trailers. We are selling the farm.

Danger, pay attention..

There is a lot of green coming your way….

Go Catters

Yeah Guthrie the only "untouchable" from those 4.

IMO Guthrie, is a touch above Bundy, Caddy and Mitch in terms of ceiling.

I would have opined the same had Guthrie not floundered a touch towards the end of this year. Caddy and Duncan look to have clear roles, which are ones we desperately need filled in greater abundance. Hence I see them as a touch more valuable. Bundy would be arguably the most valuable if he was as durable as Duncan. Equally good inside and outside.

Of course, they're all young and it could change in the space of 3 weeks next year.

Hawks now won't be able to fit Dangerfield in their cap. Have a host of players that will be demanding larger contracts now they have won a couple of flags. Missing out on Frawley may end up being a blessing in disguise.

They have a few midfielders that will retire in the next year or two so they will get the space.

No need to go selling the farm for Danger. Missing out on Frawley means we should be able to shift a good chunk of coin from future years into next year opening up some extra space to offer Dangerfield good money as a FA. The time to bring him home is still next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to go selling the farm for Danger. Missing out on Frawley means we should be able to shift a good chunk of coin from future years into next year opening up some extra space to offer Dangerfield good money as a FA. The time to bring him home is still next year.

Would rather not give other teams the opportunity we don't pay high either (really dumb) so it's easy to outbid us.

I can't see them losing all three of Hodge, Mitchell and Burgoyne next year. Could see two retiring but they have other players who will want a rise as teams will begin sniffing around and happy to offer a lot more money than what they may currently be on.
Geelong too will see a few blokes retire next season, it won't be all about the money as it just appears Hawthorn have the right approach when talking to these opposition players wanting a new change of environment/scenery.

As I said above, would rather do it now if it's viable. Waiting to next year doesn't guarantee he will come home, just like Boak didn't come home.

There will be plenty of suitors for his services.

Look Danger can turn a game on it's head, while some of our kids look good, they don't have the same attributes as Danger nor am I sure that any of them will get to his level or surpass him. (Still think he's yet to hit his peak either)

Still don't forget we can set aside 5% of this years cap and pay it next year. Juggle a few things around and I think we can give it a shake.

As I said above, would rather do it now if it's viable. Waiting to next year doesn't guarantee he will come home, just like Boak didn't come home.

There will be plenty of suitors for his services.

Look Danger can turn a game on it's head, while some of our kids look good, they don't have the same attributes as Danger.
Two things. I can't see him leaving Adelaide to not come any closer to the Cats.
And I don't think Crows will trade him. They are too pig headed.

Would rather not give other teams the opportunity we don't pay high either (really dumb) so it's easy to outbid us.

Well I'd not really give up a stack of our list to get somebody we could get for free next year. If he wants to come to us only then either we get him free next year or give up a stack this year. If he wants to go somewhere but is undecided then either we convince him next year for free or we convince him this year in a bidding war and give up even more. Whichever way it works getting him this year would do as much damage as good.

What are you going to offer to try and get him this year?

I reckon Caddy might argue that point pretty soon ;) Absolutely untouchable given our weaknesses.
I hope so - he shows flashes. But at this point in time I'd cop losing any of them to get Paddy through the doors.

Selwood is by far our best player. Danger is the equal, possibly better than Selwood.

I'd do just about any trade to get Danger to Geelong

Well I'd not really give up a stack of our list to get somebody we could get for free next year. If he wants to come to us only then either we get him free next year or give up a stack this year. If he wants to go somewhere but is undecided then either we convince him next year for free or we convince him this year in a bidding war and give up even more. Whichever way it works getting him this year would do as much damage as good.

That's IF we get him free next year.

Danger would be our first or second best mid and is above any of other midfielder on our list and has a higher ceiling.

I hope so - he shows flashes. But at this point in time I'd cop losing any of them to get Paddy through the doors.
He definitely started to show good signs towards the years end and really when we were in trouble ie. vs North in the semi, he was was one of the only young guys to try and turn the game. He's got that game changing ability about him I reckon and probably would have seen it earlier this year if it wasn't for 8 weeks on the sidelines.

Can see a big breakout on the cards next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back