List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost feel the need to apologise on behalf of my fellow fans for forgetting this isn't actually Bay 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had no problem with you as a poster Newbie because you actually speak sense and you have given a decent viewpoint of the whole Danger Situation

CNsK4hHUwAAvkft.jpg

I think you blokes need to contact the Addy. That is really cringeworthy. Reminds me of when our club held a chant night. Incredibly embarrassing.
It is embarrassing but if you have such an issue with you are capable of contacting them.... like I assume you did with that halfwit who organised the billboard

I was trying to help. I get the feeling the Addy intends to humiliate Geelong fans for the rest of the week.

Personally I dont care.
Let's be honest, you were not trying to help... you were stirring the pot.

If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted

I was trying to help. I get the feeling the Addy intends to humiliate Geelong fans for the rest of the week.

Personally I dont care.
The funny thing is that you will probably have something similar tomorrow. The Adelaide Advertiser always bites back and its rare these things aren't organised well before they are published. Just wait for tomorrows Adelaide Advertiser.

The funny thing is that you will probably have something similar tomorrow. The Adelaide Advertiser always bites back and its rare these things aren't organised well before they are published. Just wait for tomorrows Adelaide Advertiser.
Probably, they are every bit as moronic.

you wouldnt have any leverage whatsoever in a trade situation the slightest, if your not satisfied with what you get and its a situation of dangerfield clearly stating to adelaide " i will not be at the club next season and i am only willing to tell geelong i am going there" well then you either accept what we offer or he walks to PSD with a very large figure over his head that no other club will have sitting aside come PSD time besides geelong.

if you think a club will touch a player for 1million a season who states he doesnt want to play for that football club, then your fooling yourself, for that sort of salary cap space and cash its wayyy wayyy too big a risk of an investment for anyone.

would you invest a million dollars in something with issues and problems around it? so why would anyone invest a million dollars in a player who doesnt want to play for the club either?

Where would Geelong get the money to put a number on his head that puts Danger out of reach of St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon and Melbourne?

All of those clubs would have more cap space than the Cats, especially if you are also bringing in Henderson and Selwood as well as increasing Motlop's salary.

Where would Geelong get the money to put a number on his head that puts Danger out of reach of St Kilda, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon and Melbourne?

All of those clubs would have more cap space than the Cats, especially if you are also bringing in Henderson and Selwood as well as increasing Motlop's salary.

Answer is in the last 520 pages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs must pay a minimum of the cap. They don't leave $1m+ vacant on the off chance that a superstar will become available.

The Adelaide Advertiser are too busy running exerpts from Kane Corne's autobiography.

If Adelaide was still a 1 team town, I could definitely see the Advertiser running an equally as ackward "Please Stay Paddy!" campaign. Maybe we should go with a Facebook campaign instead. I'm sure he'll stay if we can get 40,000 likes!

Clubs must pay a minimum of the cap. They don't leave $1m+ vacant on the off chance that a superstar will become available.

As far as I understand it, clubs can pay 95% of the salary cap one year and then overspend and pay 105% the following year. That would leave more than enough room.

Plus it's not like it has been a surprise that Danger is out of contract this year. You could put that money aside and then use it to front end some contracts if you don't end up grabbing the star you were after.

The Bulldogs signed Boyd up on a big contract last year that basically only came about during trade week.

What do you guys think about the whole "clap Dangerfield" thing that is supposedly happening this weekend?

To me that seems to have a similar cringe-factor to the Geelong Advertiser's article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back