Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Eligible but I would have thought living in Adelaide, Shaun currently working for Port and first cousin Jase currently playing for Port as well as another first cousin Rome looking like he's also about to join Port would just about guarantee Ky Burgoyne will end up choosing F/S for Port and not Hawthorn (assuming he's good enough to be drafted).

Don't forget, Ky would be a third generation player for Port Adelaide after his grandfather Peter Burgoyne Sr debuted for the club nearly 50 years ago and his father/uncle were stars in the club's historic first AFL premiership 20 years ago. His grandfather on the other side of the family (Greg Phillips) was also a Port Adelaide legend and his aunty Erin Phillips was captaining Port's AFLW team last year.

Hawthorn can't offer that kind of family connection and we know the family connection means a lot to Port Adelaide people.

Is a Massive Hawthorn supporter still people have posted on BF and did some training over the summer at the club.

Not sure how much but the club posted he was training it was on instagram I think I read it.

Is a Massive Hawthorn supporter still people have posted on BF and did some training over the summer at the club.

Not sure how much but the club posted he was training it was on instagram I think I read it.
I'm sure he's trained with Port as well, but I don't think that's a big factor tbh. Nick Blakey trained with Brisbane through their F/S academy but has stated that he was always going to join Sydney. It was just a good opportunity for him to gain more experience in an AFL environment.

So I wouldn't look into the training too much. From an outsider's perspective, it seems like Port is the logical choice right now given the family connections, him currently living in Adelaide, Port looking like they're in the middle of a premiership window vs Hawhorn's current rebuilding phase. Who knows, maybe he does pick Hawthorn and the Burgoyne legacies continue at both clubs.

Davo, does Cam Mackenzie have a little brother on the dragons list? Saints have another Mackenzie in their nga program, just wondering if they are related?

Davo, does Cam Mackenzie have a little brother on the dragons list? Saints have another Mackenzie in their nga program, just wondering if they are related?

He sure does, second pic is of the family. * Unsure if it is his bro at the dragons though.

so i thought i would start my thread for 2024 based on u16's championships, state rep games and u18's leagues and who i think has the ability to perform at the state rep levels and potentially AFL level, i will name a top 90 who i am keen to see more of next year and im sure i will find another dozen or so next year in the early rounds or through-out the year.

Updated Ranking
1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh/Vic Country 181cm - cousin of Sam Walsh, great over head, good user of the footy, smooth mover in traffic
2. Sid Draper - Sth Adel 180cm - one of the better mids for SA at the u18s champs, good work rate and good movement through the midfield
3. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham(Bris FS) 179cm - small forward who can also accumulate in the midfield, has slowly moved up the rankings with quality performances
4. Josh Smillie - Eastern 194cm - tall midfielder type, who can also play hbf well, good vision and positioning
5. Tyler Welsh - WWT 191cm(Adle FS) - shortish KPF, great work rate and speed for a KPF, movement is fantastic and a good goal kicker
6. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh 181cm - accumulator midfielder, good goal kicker, good agility and movement
7. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A 178cm - a fantastic midfielder who took a few big steps in the CTL and VFL, rising up the draft boards
8. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel 182cm - dominant quality mid at u16s, was solid this year at the u18s and was MVP in the sanfl u18s this year
9. Nash King - Calder 181cm - tough quality midfielder, was ok at u16s but his CTL form and VM form this year confirmed his highish rating going into 2024
10. Joe Harrison - Syd A 187cm - only seen a small sample, but he looks quality, had a big game for NSW
11. Tom Gross - Oakleigh 180cm - tough contested midfielder, goes in without fear which is a good trait, a bit erratic
12. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo 187cm - watching bendigo he would steal the show with his intercepting and general quality play off hbf/hff
13. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo/NSW 192cm - another shortish KPP, good contested mark, very impressive for Bendigo/NSW
14. Christian Moraes - Eastern 182cm - was decent at the u16s champs, but his year this year was top knotch for VM and during the finals
15. Harry O'Farrell - Calder 196cm - a KPD that has improved and caught my eye in a couple of rep games, also has the height to possibly go high in the draft
16. Jonty Faull - GWV 194cm - a KPF who improved dramatically this year and again could rise in rankings based on late season form
17. Jesse Dattoli - Northern 178cm - a small forward who had a strong year, looked good for VM as well
18. Kayle Gerryn - West Perth 198cm - a ruck who was very good in most aspects for WA at the u16s, in a strong WA Team and looking good in the wafl colts after a growth spurt
19. Benny Barrett - Sth Adel 174cm (Port NGA) - very similar player to Ky Pickett, had a fantastic 2022, but not so great 2023, hoping he can find his form and confidence
20. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg 182cm (Carl FS) - was top tier winger/mid at the u16s, dropped off a little this year in sanfl u18s form
21. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg 184cm (Carl FS) - moved from hbf to midfield this year and boosted his value, so i have put them together in the rankings
22. Jayden Nguyen - Calder 177cm (Ess NGA) - speedy clever winger who can accumulate, was good at the u16s and this year had a few big games
23. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh 186cm - really impressed with calmness and quality for VM this year, could be a first rounder if he keeps fit
24. Sam Marshall - Bris A/Sand 185cm - accumulator mid, stood out for Brisbane in their CTL games, had a good game for QLD as well
25. Zak Johnson - Northern 185cm - quality kick of the footy, kicking stood out at the u16s, has been good this year in the CTL and rep at stages too
26. Kade Herbert - WWT 183cm - had a good u18s series which i think increased his value, some have him higher, but i have him here for now
27. Caleb Nancarrow - GCS A/Oak 191cm - another shortish KPP, but has hops in his legs, hangs in the air like M.Jordan lol very athletic
28. Otis Harvey - Swan Dist 182cm - one of the better WA players, good mid and continued form in 2023
29. Isaac Kako - Calder 175cm (Ess NGA) - quality small forward, good on a lead and crumbing goals, not sure on defensive game?
30. Sam Lalor - GWV 187cm - strong midfielder, played well in CTL and for VC
31. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland 182cm - good midfielder from Gipps, good u16s form and a good year in the CTL this year
32. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo 185cm - has been a bit up and down this year, had a run for VC at the u18s
33. Xavier Ivisic - Geelong 180cm - quality winger form the u16s and has looked good at times in the u18s this season
34. Bo Allan - Peel 188cm - solid 3rd tall def, one of WA's best performing players as an underager
35. Murphy Reid - Sand 181cm - had a few quality moments in the u18s champs and was a solid contributor for sandy this year
36. Ned Atkinson - Sturt 180cm - tough midfielder, puts his body on the line, quality player in the u16s champs winning team
37. Jacob Newton - Norwood 175cm - another quality player in the u16s champs winning team, quality mid
38. Ricky Mentha - NT/Gippsland 179cm - ive only seen a small sample, but he looked good for Gippsland and im curious how he does at rep level
39. Louie Montgomery - Nth Adel 183cm (Port FS) - running halfback who can go forward and kick long goals, decent in mid as well
40. Cooper Hynes - Dand 188cm - mid - tough mid with good disposal, has a bit of run in the legs but could improve in that area

i will just name the next 50

41. Jack Whitlock - Murr 199cm - kpf/ruck
42. Flynn Penry - GWV 200cm - ruck
43. Tom Evans - Bendigo 180cm - mid
44. Deian Roberts - Peel 185cm - mid
45. Rhys Unwin - GWV 177cm - sml forw
46. Harvey Langford - Dand 188cm - mid
47. Luke Trainor - Sand 193cm - KPD
48. Lucas McInerney - North 180cm - hbf
49. Chayse Martinson - Swan Dist 180cm - mid
50. Charlie Hewitt - Bris A 198cm - ruck/KPP
51. Oliver Depaoli-Kubank - Tas 177cm - mid
52. Hugh Boxshall - Clare 187cm - def
53. Josaia Delana - GWS A 174cm - mid/sml forw
54. Jack Ough - GWV 191cm - def
55. Malakai Champion - Subi 170cm - sml forw
56. Oliver Warburton - Murr 184cm - mid
57. Thomas Legudi - Calder 177cm - hbf
58. Tadgh McCarthy - Oak 191cm - def
59. Zai Millane - GCS A 188cm - def (nephew of coll millane)
60. Austin Van Der Struyf - Clare 179cm - hbf/wing

Lucca Grego - Western 183cm
Koopa Walsh - Subi 193cm
Lucas Ravenhill - Clare 199cm
Trent Hiscock - Wst Perth 190cm
Noah Mraz - Dand 197cm
Tom Luck - WWT 195cm
Josh Murphy - GWS A/Murr 190cm
Joel Cochran - Syd A 194cm (have not seen enough to rate, but did look good in the u17s futures)
Clay Shadforth - NT/Sth Adel 180cm
Rome Burgoyne - WWT 186cm
Charlie Richardson - Sand 190cm
Oliver Withers - GWS A 183cm
Liam Farrar - Northern 188cm
Harrison Oliver - Sand 181cm
Noah Yze - Sand 189cm
Wil Thomas - Sturt 178cm
Harry Jones - Swan Dist 181cm
Anthony Hansen - Swan Dist 172cm
Waylon Davey-Motlop - NT 184cm
Max Stobie - Gipps 181cm
Charlie Nicholls - Central Dist 196cm
Tom Gillet - Bris A 199cm
Taj Hotton - Sand 180cm
Oliver Hannaford - GWV 180cm
Will McCarthy - Murr 188cm
Harry Dodd - WWT 183cm
Tom Tasker - Nth Adel 190cm
Zach Travers - Sand
Angus Morrison - Geel
Sam Fanning -
Charlie West -
Jaxon Douglas - Clare 187cm
Luke Quaynor - Oak 179cm (Coll NGA)
Darby Wilson - Murr 181cm
Zac McInnes - Geel 196cm
Archie Watt - Bend 182cm
Ty Kitchell - North 187cm
Max Donahue - Gipps 180cm
Nathaniel Salzberger Sand/Tas 184cm
Noah Scott - Cald 173cm Matt Whitlock - Murr 197cm

did a small edit and added some names to fill out the top 100 prospects from my pov for 2024 at this time, it is incomplete so take that into consideration... but i believe its a good source of names to look out for this season.

a couple of father sons might do enough to get drafted? they are

Elwood Peckett - Dand 186cm - StK FS
River Stevens - Geel - NM FS

Last edited:
Early top 40 for 2025 draft based on u16s and CTL form

1. Dyson Sharp 188cm Central Dist
2. Oliver Greeves 190cm Eastern
3. Blake Kelly 180cm Swan Dist
4. Archie Ludowyke 193cm Sandringham (kpf with hops)
5. Lachlan Dovaston 175cm Eastern
6. Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier 182cm Nth Adel
7. Louis Emmett 198cm Oakleigh (ruck/forw)
8. Marcus Cassidy 186cm Est Perth
9. Jack Dalton 176cm Sandringham
10. Noah Roberts-Thompson 180cm Sturt (related To LRT?)
11. Cooper Duff-Tytler 198cm VM (kpd)
12. Tairon Ah-Mu 199cm Dandenong (ruck)
13. Noah Hibbins-Hargreaves 185cm Dandenong
14. Harry Morphet 175cm Geelong ...(broke his leg at champs)
15. Basil Hart 183cm Peel (Frem NGA?)
16. Riley Onley 194cm Murray (mobile tall)
17. Xavier Bamert 184cm Sandringham
18. Aidan Schubert 194cm Central Dist (kpf)
19. Jadd Hill 176cm Perth
20. Dylan Patterson 183cm GCS A
21. Judd Marcello 189cm Wst Perth
22. Giuseppe Posterino 175cm Geelong
23. Jamie Gilchrist 185cm Eastern
24. Zeke Uwland 176cm GCS A
25. Raphael Geesu 175cm Bris A
26. Toby Whan 180cm Sth Fremantle
27. Jobe Scapin 186cm Gippsland
28. Mitchell Moate 180cm Northern
29. Jim Kelly 178cm Norwood
30. Zach O'Keefe 176cm Gippsland
31. Jack Harrison 183cm Bris A
32. Willem Duursma 189cm Gipps
33. Taj Longmuir 179cm Sth Frem
34. Sam Grij 178cm Oakleigh
35. Darcy Montgomery 180cm Subiaco
36. Thomas McGuane 176cm Western (FS Coll)
37. Louis Kellaway 182cm Sturt (FS Rich)
38. Jevan Phillipou 180cm WWT
39. Will York 172cm Peel
40. Daniel Annabel 183cm Bris A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to do an AA Team for the u16s

B: Jadd Hill (WA), Cooper Duff-Tytler (VM), Jim Kelly (SA)
HB: Zeke Uwland (GCS), Riley Onley (VC), Xavier Bamert (VM)
C: Lachlan Dovaston (VM), Blake Kelly (WA), Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier (SA)
HF: Jack Harrison (Bris), Louis Emmett (VM), Giuseppe Posterino (VC)
F: Basil Hart (WA), Archie Ludowyke (VM), Dylan Patterson (GCS)
R: Kayle Gerryn (WA), Dyson Sharp (SA), Oliver Greeves (VM)

INT: Tairon Ah-Mu (VC), Jack Dalton (VM), Noah Hibbins-Hargreaves (VC), Noah Roberts-Thompson (SA)
Marcus Cassidy (WA), Raphael Geesu (Bris), Charlie Hewitt (Bris), Jobe Scapin (VC), Toby Whan (WA).

VM - 7 (winners div 1)
WA - 6 (runners up div 1)
SA - 4
VC - 5
Bris - 3 (winners div 2)
GCS - 2 (runners up div 2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2026 early names

Matthew Owen - Bris A
Doug Cochrane - SA

Any updates to this crop plus more 2026 names?

So 2024 are we expecting a standout #1 pick like last year and others?

OSullivan and Draper have attracted a fair amount of attention.

Early I know and players will show their wares over coming months however I dont see a clear "catch me if you can" #1 at this stage.

Early I know and players will show their wares over coming months however I dont see a clear "catch me if you can" #1 at this stage.
Oakleigh v Sandy practice match next Friday at RSEA. Wall to wall prospects especially the big midfield matchups. Jagga Smith, Finn O’Sullivan, Tom gross, Pat Retschko v Levi Ashcroft, Murphy Reid, Sam Marshall.

its hard to say because for some of the juniors, i have seen over 5 games and have a good idea of where they stand, most i have only seen a couple of times, a few i have seen once, so to compare is a bit tough, for example seeing a player 10 times and knowing where i think he gets drafted and then having seen a player play in 1 or 2 high tier games its not as clear cut where they go in the draft and will become more clear in their draft year where they get more opportunity at the highest level of junior footy.

at this time im confident in a few players that they will likely go top 10, Finn O'Sullivan, Levi Ashcroft, Jagga Smith and Leonardo Lombard, because i have seen them play a lot of footy and im confident in my read on them, i wouldnt be surprised if they were the top 4 picks... i like Sid Draper as well but i dont get to see as much of the interstaters and he only played 1 u16s champs game due to injury, he was good as an underager for the u18s although in a weaker team and kicking was a bit rushed and flat, so i would have to see more to get a clearer picture, i have consistently rated him high, but i need more samples to be sure.

Last edited:
Oakleigh v Sandy practice match next Friday at RSEA. Wall to wall prospects especially the big midfield matchups. Jagga Smith, Finn O’Sullivan, Tom gross, Pat Retschko v Levi Ashcroft, Murphy Reid, Sam Marshall.
Has there been any sign of Oakleigh or Sandy announcing or posting their 2024 squads yet ? As there’s plenty of year 12 age talent this year for both, many who took the field as under agers last season & have attracted much chatter already.
Some of the regional Coates teams have but less so for various of the Metro outfits it seems.
If done not easily located…yet

Has there been any sign of Oakleigh or Sandy announcing or posting their 2024 squads yet ? As there’s plenty of year 12 age talent this year for both, many who took the field as under agers last season & have attracted much chatter already.
Some of the regional Coates teams have but less so for various of the Metro outfits it seems.
If done not easily located…yet
Oakleigh list is finalised next Sunday. I believe the same for Sandy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh list is finalised next Sunday. I believe the same for Sandy.
Fair enough, given both are having a final hit-out against each other on Friday….
There’ll be plenty of highly ranked prospects among these 2 squads:

Saw the sandy list here.

1 Oliver Green

A quick small forward, played a couple of Coates league games last year, … will play as a high half forward and get up the ground and try and get forward and hit the scoreboard.

2 Jack Dalton

A member of the Vic Metro under 18 squad as a bottom ager after being the best player at the under 16 carnival last year. A hard running wingman, we’re really excited for Jacks future, he’s a leader within our group already, he’s been nominated as an emerging leader among our group and we feel he’s an exciting prospect for the future.

3 Levi Ashcroft

A Brisbane Lions father-son, Levi won the Sandringham Dragons best and fairest last season in a premiership year as a bottom ager which is a great achievement. He’s a co captain of the Dragons this year . He’s a very high level midfielder who can push forward and hit the scoreboard. He’s going to be an exciting player for the Lions for years to come.

Levi Ashcroft on the move for the Sandringham Dragons last season. (Photo by Graham Denholm/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

Levi Ashcroft on the move for the Sandringham Dragons last season. (Photo by Graham Denholm/AFL Photos via Getty Images)
4 Julian Galbally

A 201cm whi has joined the Dragons this year as a top ager. Comes from a basketball background, has great hands. We’re really excited about him as a long term prospect.

5 Ricky Theodoropoulos

Played Coates league football last year as a 16-year-old. A small crafty forward, lightning quick, gets low to the ground, creates a but if chaos for defenders…he’s fun to watch.

6 Harrison Oliver

A member of the Vic Metro under 18 squad and also a deputy vice captain of the Dragons this season. A combative, competitive, fast half back. I would describe him as the heart beat of our team. He’s a great personality, a great young man and a valued member of our leadership group.

7 Max Hoult

A 19yo returning to the Dragons program this season. He suffered an ACL injury in February last year and missed all of his top-age year. He’s progressing well and will start playing in the next few weeks. Max is a third tall forward or defender, and can play at either end of the ground. A great athlete.

8 Owen Bater

A key defender, played Coates league football as a 16yo. Missed a lot of last year with a foot injury. He’s had a full pre-season and has spent a little bit of time up forward which could be an option for him. Strongly built, makes good decisions with the ball. A really good player.

9 Rory Wright

A bottom-age high half back who goes to Caulfield Grammar. A really good cricketer also. He’s impressed through his under 16s play last year and also in training this year.

10 Ted Clayton

A top-age wingman and midfielder. Ran a very quick 20m time last week (sub three seconds) and he’s a natural ball winner, runs hard and is creative with ball in hand.

11 Nathaniel Sulzberger

A strongly built inside mid who played a couple of Coates league games last year. He’s a Tasmanian who is boarding at Caulfield Grammar, following a path similar to Ryley Sanders; a Tassie boy coming over to Melbourne. Powerfully built, pushes people off in the contest. Ran a 5:58 2km trial which shows how well he can cover the ground. He’s a prospect the Dragons are really excited about.

12 Harry Armstrong

Big key forward who is a member of the Vic Metro Under 18 squad. Lightning fast for his size (194cm), strong hands and a nice kick for goal. Is yet to make his Coates league debut but he’s going to play right from the start of the season and the Dragons are excited to see what he can do.

13 Alfie Lambert

Bottom-age midfielder, a prolific ball winner and as a bottom-ager will be exposed to Coates league footy at some stage this season.

14 Ned Maginness

Comes back as a 19yo. A father-son to Hawthorn, the brother of Hawk young gun Finn Maginness. Ned has grown an enormous amount — he’s now 193cm after sprouting 25cm in the past 18 months — so his whole running gait and ball use has changed completely over that time. He’s gone from being a smaller outside player to being a big-bodied inside midfielder and wingman.

15 Lennox Hofmann

A member of St Kilda’s next generation academy. A third tall defender, reads the play really well to roll off and intercept. An exciting talent and the Dragons have high hopes for him this season.

16 Angus Phillips

A big bodied inside midfielder who can push forward and hit the scoreboard as well. Plays his school footy at St Kevin’s.

17 James Arnold

A bottom-age high half forward who can play up on the wing as well. He will play a fair bit of school footy but will get an opportunity in the Coates league.

18 Josh Dolan

One of three bottom-agers to play in the Sandringham Dragons premiership last season, playing a role as a half forward. This season he has trained as a midfielder but will still play a bit through the half forward where he’s a creative ball user while his contest work is very strong as well.

19 Luka Pecer

A 200cm key forward who can pinch hit through the ruck as well. Very fast for his size and finds a way to hit the scoreboard on a regular basis.

20 Adrian Cole

A member of St Kilda’s next generation academy and one of the Dragons’ vice captains this season. A 197cm key defender with fantastic athletic attributes. Played a few games last year as a bottom-ager.

21 Archer Grant

Son of former North Melbourne and Sydney player Shannon Grant. A small forward who is still developing his craft but shows great goal nous, similar to his dad. The Dragons are excited to have him and watch his development over the next couple of years.

22 Murphy Reid

A member of the Vic Metro under 18 squad, a high-level midfielder with great creativity and composure in traffic.

23 Luke Trainor

A member of the AFL academy and the Vic Metro under 18 squad. A third tall defender and good at reading the play to intercept and is a penetrating kick coming out of defence. Will play a mix of roles between back, midfield and forward. Has great versatility.

24 Brodie Findlay

The Dragons’ co-captain returns as a 19yo. A 199cm ruckman, he has developed great tap craft and ball use around the ground. Made strong progression, improving his endurance enormously over the past 12 months and is a prospect AFL clubs will be looking at as a tall for potentially the mid-season draft or the end-of-year draft.

25 Angus Bowd

Small forward, great pressure player and showed the ability to hit the scoreboard in school footy last year with St Bede’s. He did pre-season with the Dragons last year, played school footy during the year and has returned to the Dragons and made the final squad.

26 Hunter Lynch

A high half forward who has shown the ability to connect up through the middle of the ground and also re set back and can hit the scoreboard as well.

27 Xavier Bamert

A bottom-age inside midfielder who won the Dragons’ 2km time trial recording 5min 50sec which is elite. Strongly built, powerful in the contest, works hard from contest to contest. He’s an emerging leader in the Dragons program.

28 Archie Ludowyke

A developing key forward who is part of the Vic Metro under 18 squad as a bottom-ager. Great overhead — he’s taken some fantastic hangers — and will continue to build his body as he develops over the next 18 months towards hopefully an AFL career.

29 Phoenix Janover

A lightning quick high half forward who is potentially a midfielder as well. Makes really smart decisions with the ball, particularly going into forward 50.

30 Taj Hotton

Brother of St Kilda’s Olli and son of former Collingwood player Trent Hotton. He played last year in Vic Metro squad as a bottom-age small forward. Great overhead. This year he’s trained as a midfield

31 Bailey McKenzie

A third tall forward in the mould of a Bailey Fritch, strong overhead, nice kick for goal, very creative in the forward line. He was in the Dragons’ pre-season squad last year, missed out and came back this year. His game has built nicely.

32 Miles Tyrer

A bottom-age ruckman from Melbourne Grammar. Strongly built, shows really good tap craft and the ability to get around the ground. Could potentially be a key forward ruck at the next level. Still growing.

33 Mitch Kirkwood-Scott

A high half back, strong defensively in one-on-ones. A beautiful ball user, one of the Dragons’ best kicks in the team, plays his school footy at Haileybury and was part of their premiership last year. Very vocal. Sets the group up really well behind the ball.

34 Kye Fincher

A member of St Kilda’s NGA, a bottom-ager. A running half back and potentially a midfielder long term. Of the Dragons’ bottom-agers he’s been one of the best performed through pre-season.

35 Riely Collins

A member of the Bulldogs NGA. He played his school footy at Caulfield Grammar last year, returns tk the Dragins as a top-ager, an inside midfielder, can play wing as well and covers the ground really well.

36 Sam Marshall

A member of the Brisbane Lions academy, the SFL academy and the Allies squad, plays his school footy at Melbourne Grammar. An elite runner, covers great ground contest to contest. Has built up his physical size over the last 18 months and become a midfielder who drives his legs out of the contest really well. Exciting prospect who will be a great asset to the Lions going forward.

37 Aris Moustakas

Comes as a top-ager from South Melbourne. Super fast. Ran a 2.95 in a 20m. Plays a mix of high half forward and wing and uses that speed to run and dart through traffic.

38 Jhett Haeata

A 185cm wingman, a beautiful ball user by foot and has a good ability to find difficult targets through traffic and then take the ball forward. Will play as a mix of a wing and half back, with his speed and creativity by foot sure to appeal to AFL clubs.

39 Oliver Moodie

A third tall forward, hits up through half forward really well, nice hands, good mark on the lead through the corridor.

40 Harvey Allan

Son of former Carlton ruckman Matthew Allan, he is a developing key forward and ruckman. Has really impressed with his ability to follow up at ground level with his size.

41 Bennett Martin

A bottom-age wingman or half back, very combative and competitive in the contest. His game has developed really well and a half back role will suit.

42 Ben Seers

A fantastic athlete who ran a 2.89 in the 20m sprint. A wingman or high half forward. As a high half forward his ability to get up the ground and use his speed to get back behind his defender is something that appeals at the next level.

43 Oscar Cheetham

A 197cm key defender who played school footy at Melbourne Grammar. Ran a 2.98 20m sprint so he’s lightning fast for his size. Played one game of Coates league last year against Archer Reid of Gippsland who went on to be drafted by West Coast and he played really well on him. The Dragons are excited to have him back for his top-age year.

44 Jack Cheep

Did his ACL 18 months ago and he missed a chunk of last season. Return to play some local footy. Has done a full pre-season and impressed with his ability as a third tall defender to roll off and intercept mark he’s a nice neat ball user.

45 Luke Kennedy

A top-age midfielder who played local footy at Ormond last year and win their best and fairest as a 16-year-old in Premier C which is a remarkable effort. It shows his ability to handle the big bodies already, and has great speed to get out of traffic and a nice ball user as well.

46 Zach Travers

The Dragons’ leading player in the yo-yo intermittent test. A great transition runner as a wingman or high half forward. After an injury-plagued 2023, the Dragons have high hopes for him this season.

47 Lachlan Voss

Returns as a 19-year-old. Injured a foot in round 1 last year and missed most of the season but got back and played the last six games including the premiership. Had foot surgery over the off season and will start running again soon with a return to play

48 Archie Edwards

Brother of Charlie Edwards who was in the Dragons’ program last year and was drafted by the Adelaide Crows with pick 21. Archie is a third tall forward as a bottom-ager and long-term can play a variety of roles between midfield and half back and he’s shown a lot of forward nous already.

49 Jack Hayter

A bottom-age inside midfielder, a prolific ball winner. Lived in South Australia where he played under 16 football with Norwood in the SANFL.

50 Zach Hawkins

A developing key defender, plays school footy at Mentone Grammar. A really exciting long-term project. His ability to read the play and compete well in one-on-ones and then dispose the ball coming out of defence will make him a good prospect in 18 months time.

51 Jake Matthews

A high half back and really good ball user who sees the game well. A great ability to lead his teammates and set the ground up well. He will play school footy at St Bede’s.

52 Aaron Taylor

A high half back, a really long kick of the ball. Was part of the Dragons’ squad last year but missed out playing because of injury.

53 Sam Fanning

A 193cm key defender or key forward. Strong defensively in one-on-ones and he’s a nice ball user.

55 Charlie Rozenes

A great story; he missed out on the squad last year but returned after doing a lot of work with former Collingwood high performance manager David Buttifant. A powerful, quick runner who has built his physical size across his upper body which is allowing him to drive through contests. Smart around goals as a high half forward.

56 Max Chalamandaris

A third tall defender who took six intercept marks in an intra club game recently and a neat ball user coming out of defence.

57 Luke McGinness

A developing key forward, very athletic. Plays school footy at Mentone Grammar, has strong hands and is a nice ball user…an exciting long-term prospect.

58 Fletcher Teelow

Joins the Dragons as a top-ager, had a shoulder injury last year. An inside midfielder with good height, he’s able to win first use out of stoppages and runs good patterns through the corridor to put himself in dangerous parts on the ground.

59 Sam Linder

A Dragons vice-captain who plays his school footy at Brighton Grammar and is a member of St Kilda’s next generation academy as a high half back. He does everything well, very consistent, defends his man well, uses the ball well, communicates well with his teammates and is a leader.

60 Sacha Levine

His older brother Josh was in the Dragons’ program last year. Has come through from the under 16s as a flexible player; a good height, can play as a midfielder or as a half back of half forward.

61 Sam Buck

A 197cm key forward from St Bede’s. Really rangy, athletic and can jump high and mark it at its highest point. Potentially a second ruck option. Has trained all pre-season as a key forward.

62 Sam Haywood

A developing key defender. Missed a chunk of pre-season with injury but returned to play in the intra club games and impressed with his work behind the ball and his ability to find a teammate. An exciting long-term prospect.

63 Freddie Brayshaw

The cousin of Angus and Andy Brayshaw and the son of James Brayshaw. A high-level cricketer and footballer at Haileybury College, he’s a hard-running wingman for the Dragons, with a view to training as a midfielder later on.

64 James Georgiou

Strongly built inside midfielder and half back. A bottom-ager from Mentone Grammar who is seen by the Dragons, long-term, as a midfielder.

66 Eiden Pitt

A developing key defender as a bottom-ager. His ability to win his one-on-ones is strong defensively. And a nice ball user coming out of defence.

68 Dexter Prime

A third tall defender, a good intercept mark, plays his school footy at St Kevin’s. His ability to read the play and intercept is his strength.

70 Jess Mildenhall

A top-age high half back, this is his first year in the program and has impressed with his run and carry out of defence.

71 Jack Meredith

A small forward from St Bede’s, really creative through the forward half and a good connecting player and dangerous around goals.

72 Sam Meredith

Trained with the Dragons last year but missed out on the squad. Came back this year, trained hard and got on the list as a running creative high half back.

76 Josh Cresswell

A hard-running wingman and half back who is the son of former Sydney Swan Daryn Cresswell.

Watched the Sandy v Oakleigh game, one sided affair, Sandy got ahead by 10 goals and went into cruise control allowing Oakleigh 3 late goals to make it a 7 goal win to Sandringham, Sandringham Dragons are very strong and favourites again for the premiership.

Stand Outs from my PoV
11. Nathaniel Sulzberger - could be a first round chance if he continues to perform like this, he has strength, speed, composure, ability to play inside and outside mid, I need to see more of him against good talent, but he looks very promising

22. Murphy Reid - such a clean skilful player, if he can continue to have a bigger influence on games he will rise in the rankings

23. Luke Trainor - he looks like an AFL KPD, tough, competitive, strong, determined look in his eye, i really liked what i saw from him heading into the 2024 season, caught Jagga in a htb tackle at 1 point and was very strong in aerial contests, impressed with his improvement so far.

30. Taj Hotton - provided great run and was very competitive in the midfield, one of his best games and should give him confidence for the season to come

31. Bailey MacKenzie - kicked a few goals up forward, clever forward, he has draft potential?

12. Harry Armstrong - 194cm KPF showed some potential, worth watching more of him to see how he goes.

As for Oakleigh, I don't have their numbers yet, but Finn O'Sullivan. Liam Gallagher/James Milner with blue shoes med/tall defender looked good, Jagga Smith was decent, Tom Gross had an ordinary game, Luke Quaynor looked good, Blake Leidler was good at half back, Charlie Richardson and Doug Kerr looked like decent targets forward, Noah Yze kicked a couple goals i believe...

They were the players that most impressed me on the day, Levi Ashcroft was there on the bench but didn't play.

Last edited:
Watched the Sandy v Oakleigh game, one sided affair, Sandy got ahead by 10 goals and went into cruise control allowing Oakleigh 3 late goals to make it a 7 goal win to Sandringham, Sandringham Dragons are very strong and favourites again for the premiership.

Stand Outs from my PoV
11. Nathaniel Sulzberger - could be a first round chance if he continues to perform like this, he has strength, speed, composure, ability to play inside and outside mid, I need to see more of him against good talent, but he looks very promising

22. Murphy Reid - such a clean skilful player, if he can continue to have a bigger influence on games he will rise in the rankings

23. Luke Trainor - he looks like an AFL KPD, tough, competitive, strong, determined look in his eye, i really liked what i saw from him heading into the 2024 season, caught Jagga in a htb tackle at 1 point and was very strong in aerial contests, impressed with his improvement so far.

30. Taj Hotton - provided great run and was very competitive in the midfield, one of his best games and should give him confidence for the season to come

31. Bailey MacKenzie - kicked a few goals up forward, clever forward, he has draft potential?

12. Harry Armstrong - 194cm KPF showed some potential, worth watching more of him to see how he goes.

As for Oakleigh, I don't have their numbers yet, but Finn O'Sullivan. #49 with blue shoes med/tall defender looked good, Jagga Smith was decent, Tom Gross had an ordinary game, Luke Quaynor looked good, #21 was good at half back, #6 and #10 looked like decent targets forward, #15 kicked a couple goals i believe...

They were the players that most impressed me on the day, Levi Ashcroft was there on the bench but didn't play.

When I get numbers for Oakleigh i will edit this post, so it makes more sense lol
Is that the same Nathaniel Sulzberger from Tasmania? he's 2005 born

Stand Outs from my PoV

As for Oakleigh, I don't have their numbers yet, but Finn O'Sullivan. #49 with blue shoes med/tall defender looked good, Jagga Smith was decent, Tom Gross had an ordinary game, Luke Quaynor looked good, #21 was good at half back, #6 and #10 looked like decent targets forward, #15 kicked a couple goals i believe...

When I get numbers for Oakleigh i will edit this post, so it makes more sense lol
6 Charlie Richardson
10 Doug Kerr
15 Noah Yze
21 Blake Leidler
49 Liam Callaghan

All of them draft eligible this year

Is that the same Nathaniel Sulzberger from Tasmania? he's 2005 born
yes i have heard he is from Tasmania, doing the same as Ryley Sanders, i hear they rate him internally and from the small sample, he looks a good one, does that make him mid draft eligible if he is 2005 dob?

and thanks eDPS for the names

Anyone got some good mail on Taj Hotton? Seems to get mentioned a lot, probably best all round testing results yet doesn’t seem to spoken about round at the top end of the draft.

6 Charlie Richardson
10 Doug Kerr
15 Noah Yze
21 Blake Leidler
49 Liam Callaghan

6 Charlie Richardson
10 Doug Kerr
15 Noah Yze
21 Blake Leidler
49 Liam Callaghan

In the usual Chargers squad mix manner, 4 of these 5 lads listed are APS footballers. Not sure on Liam C.
On top of their well discussed high draft prospects mids (O’Sullivan, Smith, Gross, etc) who also come from ‘the same cloth’.
Often this is a challenge during term 2 school footy season, when so many of their top liners are on school duty & Oakleigh drop what would otherwise be winnable games.
Sandy seem to manage this issue, NB won the flag last year, while contending with the same juggling act…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back