Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

The last I heard was that he was now playing in the country league for Lancelin (nth of Perth)

There is no mention of him here in WA, who knows how his footy is going.
These posts are cruel. They remind me of my unwarranted excitement. Sammy was his favourite player which is weird given the tide between their respective work ethics

These posts are cruel. They remind me of my unwarranted excitement. Sammy was his favourite player which is weird given the tide between their respective work ethics

There are easier ways to get Sammy's autograph. I am sure if he asked nicely we could have got him a signed footy and a few photos rather than wasting a draft pick on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wonder how self-destructive character traits like Dayle's managed to make it this far down the gene pool, don't you?

It's easy for middle class white guys to make these judgements, for some of these kids they are doomed before they exit their mothers wombs.

It's easy for middle class white guys to make these judgements, for some of these kids they are doomed before they exit their mothers wombs.

I don't know that I agree with your sentiments exactly, but I have heard that Dayle Garlett was born with foetal alcohol spectrum disorder.
If this is true, he has a tough gig to live life, let alone play AFL footy at the highest level.

It isn't nice to malign someone without knowing the full story.

I don't know that I agree with your sentiments exactly, but I have heard that Dayle Garlett was born with foetal alcohol spectrum disorder.
If this is true, he has a tough gig to live life, let alone play AFL footy at the highest level.

It isn't nice to malign someone without knowing the full story.
He doesn't have FAS. FAS people have co-ordination problems. Wouldn't be able to be an elite junior with FAS.

This is not even factoring in the physical attributes that come with FAS the he doesn't have.

He doesn't have FAS. FAS people have co-ordination problems. Wouldn't be able to be an elite junior with FAS.

This is not even factoring in the physical attributes that come with FAS the he doesn't have.

How do you know, have you assessed & diagnosed him?

I have 2 clients with FAS. Neither have coordination problems. Both have huge behavioural, social and emotional problems. One of them can't go to a social gathering without getting into fights, and his punches don't miss!

The other cannot have one small glass of anything alcoholic - if he does, he acts like he's had 15 Vodkas and behaves accordingly.

I have 2 clients with FAS. Neither have coordination problems. Both have huge behavioural, social and emotional problems. One of them can't go to a social gathering without getting into fights, and his punches don't miss!

The other cannot have one small glass of anything alcoholic - if he does, he acts like he's had 15 Vodkas and behaves accordingly.

His name's not Brendan Fevola is it?

What line of work are you in Davo? Are you a Psychologist? Counselor? Social Worker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back