Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoyed his performances in the Jack Ryan series. Good choice.
To those who've never watched the wire, also known best for

disappointed the wire GIF

I watched The Flash now that it is available on Foxtel.... what a dogs breakfast, Keaton was fantastic... but woof... it was absolute junk

Recently rewatched it and yes it’s original standing with me has fallen away sharply. Keaton the standout still (still hard to fathom they ditched the Batman Beyond project with him, damn).

Some of the deleted scenes that were cut from the final film also leave me scratching my head.

I also agree with previous posts about the flash. A mess is apt. It's like someone dropped a big bowl of spaghetti on the floor and said that looks really logical and flows well. But it does not.

The fact that keaton was the best part of the movie says the movie/content/application isnt strong enough without the cameo.

Finally saw The Flash and it was fine. I think being part of a critically crumbling, mismanaged and obsolete franchise hurt it’s reputation and also probably resulted in changes in post.

Keaton was good but the cameos towards the end fell flat, and a lot of the jokes were forced.

Definitely one of the better DCEU films though and more entertaining than a fair few recent Marvel films. All irrelevant now given the reboot.

Last edited:
Still not sure about the choice to make it a musical but lets see what the trailer shows. It could make or break this movie in terms of box office. I hope its amazing.

Also just recently found out the budget for this movie is 200 million. Im assuming most of that is a good pay day for Joaquin and Gaga, possibly Todd Phillips also. Good for them though if that is the case, since the first movie made WB 1 billion off just a 60 mil budget.

Still not sure about the choice to make it a musical but lets see what the trailer shows. It could make or break this movie in terms of box office. I hope its amazing.

Also just recently found out the budget for this movie is 200 million. Im assuming most of that is a good pay day for Joaquin and Gaga, possibly Todd Phillips also. Good for them though if that is the case, since the first movie made WB 1 billion off just a 60 mil budget.
They are calling it a jukebox musical with about 15 established songs, not originals. At about three minutes apiece, that's 45 mins out of a two to two-and-a-half hour film. There will still be a proper film in there, you'd imagine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are calling it a jukebox music with about 15 established songs, not originals. At about three minutes apiece, that's 45 mins out of a two to two-and-a-half hour film. There will still be a proper film in there, you'd imagine.
They might have some very short excerpts of some songs too. He danced more or less the entire way through the last movie so it might be relatively subtle.

Yes it’s quite a significant budget given the first was relatively modest and low on the need for CGI and so on.

I’ve read it’s $20m for Joaquin Phoenix, $12m for Gaga. Depending on the song selections, licensing fees can also mount up to be quite hefty.

In terms of music, I’m also glad Hildur Guðnadóttir is returning. Her score for the first film was glorious.

How the hell do you go from Joker 1 to a musical sequel? Crazy change up.

Not for it. I’ll give it a go though because the first movie is phenomenal

Finally saw The Flash and it was fine. I think being part of a critically crumbling, mismanaged and obsolete franchise hurt it’s reputation and also probably resulted in changes in post.

Keaton was good but the cameos towards the end fell flat, and a lot of the jokes were forced.

Definitely one of the better DCEU films though and more entertaining than a fair few recent Marvel films. All irrelevant now given the reboot.

Watched it again last night, was better than I remember and I liked it the first time. Think the first 2/3rds was really good, the end does get a little messy, although I found it easy to follow. Just think the execution could have been better.,

Watched it again last night, was better than I remember and I liked it the first time. Think the first 2/3rds was really good, the end does get a little messy, although I found it easy to follow. Just think the execution could have been better.,
Yeah the chronobowl was messy and there wasn’t really a clear antagonist either. Sort of Zod (who was in it for about two minutes) and sort of the future Flash (probably in it 30 seconds) but it was a bit all over the place in that regard.

Still pretty good. The effects were mostly ok despite the complaints.

I'm all good with them slipping back and forth between reality, just hope the whole movie isn't in their heads.

That clip with people in Joker gear chasing after Arthur - wowza.

Looks like it's going to be batshit (no pun intended) insane with a pretty chaotic Gotham out of control from the first movie.

Much better than I thought this would be going by the trailer.

I'm all good with them slipping back and forth between reality, just hope the whole movie isn't in their heads.

That clip with people in Joker gear chasing after Arthur - wowza.

Looks like it's going to be batshit (no pun intended) insane with a pretty chaotic Gotham out of control from the first movie.

Much better than I thought this would be going by the trailer.

I wonder if we will see any hints of Batman in this movie. Imagine a tease at the end of the movie thats a reverse of this....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back