News De Boer AFL Commissioner

Remove this Banner Ad

So Richard goyder is leaving as the club's thought he was too stretched having commitments to Qantas, Woodside and f.knows what else.
Are they both replacing him ?

Great Appointment for Matty.. would love him to one day assume presidency of Freo.. good to see back of Dale Alcock.. no positive legacy.. presided over trading out a two time Brownlow medallist being traded to Brisbane.. sacked a very good coach and then appointed the wrong bloke as the new coach which should have been josh Carr..hopefully Chris Sutherland can get the club back on track

Great Appointment for Matty.. would love him to one day assume presidency of Freo.. good to see back of Dale Alcock.. no positive legacy.. presided over trading out a two time Brownlow medallist being traded to Brisbane.. sacked a very good coach and then appointed the wrong bloke as the new coach which should have been josh Carr..hopefully Chris Sutherland can get the club back on track
Dude.

Josh Carr was nowhere near a senior coaching role at the time Longmuir was appointed.

He’d been dumped from Port and sent to coach (albeit head) in the SANFL.

When has a second tier coach ever jumped into the big hot seat?

So Richard goyder is leaving as the club's thought he was too stretched having commitments to Qantas, Woodside and f.knows what else.
Are they both replacing him ?
Richard Goyder should be put out pasture.

He is just as responsible for the mess at Qantas as the Irish dickhead that has left.

Goyder was the chairman who oversaw that culture and signed off on all the payout's for that w***er.

Sorry for the rant just have the massive shits with Qantas atm.

Well done to MDB he is a champion who got more out of his limited ability then anyone.

He should do well he has always been switched on.

Hope he doesn’t hold a grudge for Ross delisting him.
Matty i reckon would still love and have a soft spot for the Purple. He doesn't seem like the guy to hold a grudge. And probably knows moving on when he did extended his career.

Look at Barlow, Tom Sheridan those type of guys still support us heavily on social media especially when we are in Melbourne.

I think MDB is similar to those guys.

DePig is a great fella and he loves Freo. Every time he spoke about Freo it was with genuine affection, as far as I know even after he left.
One of the toughest players to play for us, up there with Cookie and Shawn Mac (I’ll never forget how Beau Waters bounced off him like a rubber ball thrown at the wall)

Until they separate the league from the body that administers the sport, and preferably move this administrative body out of Melbourne, they will never break the cycle of patronage. I appreciate this is much easier to say than to do since the AFL is not the central affiliating body for the sport (nor does it own the copyright on the rules so far as I can tell).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude.

Josh Carr was nowhere near a senior coaching role at the time Longmuir was appointed.

He’d been dumped from Port and sent to coach (albeit head) in the SANFL.

When has a second tier coach ever jumped into the big hot seat?
Dude,
the point is josh Carr would be a better coach than Longmuir.. his departure this year and the midfield took significant steps back..Carr was favored for Tigers job but declined because he has been sold a succession plan to take over from Hinkley

Dude,
the point is josh Carr would be a better coach than Longmuir.. his departure this year and the midfield took significant steps back..Carr was favored for Tigers job but declined because he has been sold a succession plan to take over from Hinkley
If that was your point, that he would have been be a better choice of coach, then that is what you should have said. Instead you said they should have actually appointed him instead of Longmuir, which as Drago said was never going to happen. Has a first time AFL coach ever been appointed whilst coaching at the second level this century? Let alone recently.

Dude,
If Carr was so keen to be a senior coach why would he wait another two years behind Hinkley, makes no sense!

Because he has a wife and kids who want to stay in SA?
Sure, but if you desperately want to be a senior coach you take (almost) any senior coaching position and certainly a club like Richmond. I think his family would support his dream.
It would be an unbelievably risky move to pass on Richmond for Port in two years especially when another Hardwick type coach may become available.

Because he has a wife and kids who want to stay in SA?
Surely not. If you want a job of which there are only 18 in the country you are definitely prepared to move for it and so is your family. You can't really be in the running if you're aiming for only 2 of them. Far more likely he choose not to go forward in the process as the likelihood of not getting the job was so high it wasn't worth the damage you'd sustain to your reputation in not getting it (E.g. Scott Burns).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back