News Dedicated Crows show on Channel 7

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC - it was on every Saturday @ 12:00 to 1:30 as said above leading into the crows away games.

In the early days, we didn't have footy (non crows games) on the tv on Saturday afternoon to help protect the SANFL.

The crows didn't have Saturday afternoon home games until like 2000. We would have Friday, Saturday night or Sunday games.

You remember The Crows show. Do you recall when and why it was stopped?

Who hosted it? I remember nothing other than it existed for a time in the 90's.
stopped because channel 7 lost the football rights

Wasn't that Simpy Footy?
i reckon your right. footy plus is what the crows show became when the PAPs came into the comp

Hopefully the club realises that FTA TV is dying, and work on their digital media presence. They need to beef up their app and website (although I realise both might be covered under the AFL's media rights umbrella). My two pre teen kids both own tablets and are always on YouTube.. my older kid (young adult) doesnt even own a computer and rarely watches TV - mobile is his connection point.

It's good to see the club re-engaging with it's broader supporter base. Hopefully they get up to speed and drive the initiative through modern media channels.
Our website is one of the best going around in the AFL for content, think the media team won an award for it recently. Nothing they can do about the layout for the site and app though, that's covered by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show starts next Sunday, looks like Fagan's missus is a co-host

Something to take from that is there was some negativity when Port dropped Farmers Union to have Oak as a sponsor, then it looked like Farmers Union dropped off our list of sponsors but it looks like what has happened is we have probably negotiated a bigger deal with a long term sponsor.

i reckon your right. footy plus is what the crows show became when the PAPs came into the comp

From memory I think it first was called "The Crows and Power Show" for the first couple of years before it become Simply Footy or whatever it ended up being called.

From memory I think it first was called "The Crows and Power Show" for the first couple of years before it become Simply Footy or whatever it ended up being called.
na, it was definately footy plus. have an episode or two of it on some old crows tapes from 97 and 98

simply footy was channel 10's attempt when they had the rights to the footy

na, it was definately footy plus. have an episode or two of it on some old crows tapes from 97 and 98

simply footy was channel 10's attempt when they had the rights to the footy

I recall the channel 10 'footy' show being called something before they changed it to "Footy Plus" but I'm quite certain it was never called "the Crows and Power show"

SA Footy or Footy SA comes to mind.

Maybe the original show was called "simply footy" and then chaged it to "footy plus" or vice versa.

don't argue with me here - i know i'm right :)

Look who you are talking to?

It's 9 am. I'm sick at home and can continue this argurment all day. I have good form. :D ;)

Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg

Look who you are talking to?

It's 9 am. I'm sick at home and can continue this argurment all day. I have good form. :D ;)

Challenge-Accepted-Meme.jpg
thats a subjective statement if ever i've seen one.. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back