Deledio Vs Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Lids is performing to a standard above Griffen in a far, far worse team. Can play inside or out, devastating pace and ball skills, and a very very good mark.

I voted Deledio.

Griffen has so much hype yet fails to deliver consistently yet escapes the critisism of players like Deledio somehow, despite Deledio probably performing better.

I voted Deledio.

Griffen has so much hype yet fails to deliver consistently yet escapes the critisism of players like Deledio somehow, despite Deledio probably performing better.

It is because of the club he plays for, WB please... no one truly cares outside of their supporters whilst teams love to hate Richmond.

Deledio had 36 with 14 CP 2 goals 7 tackles on the weekend showing his class.

Lids has had 18 of 21 games with 20+ touches whilst Griffen has had 13 of 19.

If we make it 25+ Lids has 9 Griffen just the 4. He just can't handle the tag and goes missing too often in a good team.

Deledio has had a great year and has probably overtaken Griffen. I think on potential Griffen can still be superior but he cant seem to take that extra step everyone is waiting for. If Griffen can become consistent and put together 4 quarters he will be dangerous but so far he is running the risk of becoming a decent player with flashes of brilliance. We will wait and see. Then again, Gary Ablett didnt transform into a superstar until he was 23-24. There is still hope. I guess some players just take alot longer in their development.

Deledio by a fair way. I like Griffen but he has fallen of a bit this year. Deledio has also fallen a bit from last year but unlike Griff is getting the number 1 tag everyweek. Lids' last 6 weeks since Wallace left have been awesome. Hopefully his game on Saturday is sign of things to come in 2010. 36 disposals, 14 contested, 7 tackles, 2 goals. That's what he needs to do consistently.

I really think Hardwick will get the best out of him. If Jade can turn around Brett in a couple of weeks hopefully Hardwick can reinforce it over a pre season.

For some reason Terry thought it was a good idea to play our best mid everywhere but in the midfield. :rolleyes:

Deledio has had a great year and has probably overtaken Griffen. I think on potential Griffen can still be superior but he cant seem to take that extra step everyone is waiting for. If Griffen can become consistent and put together 4 quarters he will be dangerous but so far he is running the risk of becoming a decent player with flashes of brilliance. We will wait and see. Then again, Gary Ablett didnt transform into a superstar until he was 23-24. There is still hope. I guess some players just take alot longer in their development.
We continually hear this argument put forward and it continues to be unfulfilled. Just what is it based on anyway? Deledio is by far the greater athlete and just what potential edge does Griffen have over him? I'm still yet to see it.

Both are guns, id really love to get griffen over to richmond hed be that HBF/Mid that were desperatly missing. (and he can acyually kick)

It is because of the club he plays for, WB please... no one truly cares outside of their supporters whilst teams love to hate Richmond.

If we make it 25+ Lids has 9 Griffen just the 4. He just can't handle the tag and goes missing too often in a good team.

omg ur logic is brilliant! richmond suportrs r SO SMRT wen thy compar playrs usin only stats :rolleyes:

So you are basing the difference between the two, entirely on the amount of disposals they get?

So you are basing the difference between the two, entirely on the amount of disposals they get?

Not at all, I am using it too back up my point that he is better. He is a midfielder/forward whilst Griffen is a half back flanker and maybe part time mid. His kicking is really not as good as people suggest because he kicks on an in-step. This means he has to kick to the left of his target everytime where as Lids has a conventional ball drop where you aim at your target and hit.

Often I have seen Griffens kicks going straight through the middle and then drift to the right. He also doesn't have a left foot to save himself.

He isn't as quick that obvious needs no explanation.

He isn't as good a mark obvious needs no explanation.

He just simply isn't as good as Deledio, he might be a top 20 AFL player one day but not top 10 like Lids will.

Not at all, I am using it too back up my point that he is better. He is a midfielder/forward whilst Griffen is a half back flanker and maybe part time mid. His kicking is really not as good as people suggest because he kicks on an in-step. This means he has to kick to the left of his target everytime where as Lids has a conventional ball drop where you aim at your target and hit.

Often I have seen Griffen's kicks going straight through the middle and then drift to the right. He also doesn't have a left foot to save himself.

He isn't as quick that obvious needs no explanation.

He isn't as good a mark obvious needs no explanation.

He just simply isn't as good as Deledio, he might be a top 20 AFL player one day but not top 10 like Lids will.

First of all, Griffen has played Half Back only 2 or 3 times this year.

Look at Garry Ablett and Marc Murphy, they also kick with an instep, I don't see them missing targets.

The difference in their pace is not as substantial as you think, and neither is their marking abilities.

Look, I'm not saying that Deledio is not a good player, in fact he is a very good player, although I personally think that Griffen has more effect on games than Deledio. They are both very good players, and will be regarded as stars of the competition in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all, Griffen has played Half Back only 2 or 3 times this year.

Look at Garry Ablett and Marc Murphy, they also kick with an instep, I don't see them missing targets.

The difference in their pace is not as substantial as you think, and neither is their marking abilities.

Look, I'm not saying that Deledio is not a good player, in fact he is a very good player, although I personally think that Griffen has more effect on games than Deledio. They are both very good players, and will be regarded as stars of the competition in the near future.

Neither have as bigger in-step on there kick. Ablett actually can control whether he kicks on in-step or to go dead straight.

Deledio is better. He is clearly underrated. Has won a BnF and kicks goals as a midfielder, lately he has improved his defensive game and if he continues, he will average over 4-5 tackles a game while gathering contested ball, like he's doing now. Before anyone says a Richmond BnF is easy to win, if you go through every Griffen year, he would have never won it at the Tigers or in Deledio's year.

I am a massive fan of both, they break lines and kick long. Can also kick a long goal. However, Griffen hasnt done much, he teases too much. Deledio is in front comfortably for mine and it will stay like that.

Cant split them. Whilst Delideo gets the ball 25 + times a game, his hurt factor is not of the elite level. Griffen on the other hand, if he was to get the ball 25 + times, they will be damaging ones, but he doesnt do it often enough.

For mine:

Equal, but if Griffen can get some consistancy into his game he would be a fair bit better than Lids

Griffen is now showing why he is the better player.

Yeah, I'm sure it's hard for him surrounded by Cooney, Higgins, Cross, Boyd, Akermanis, Gia. :rolleyes:

Imagine if Deledio had that kind of support. He also has more runs on the board as he has been better all of the previous years.

Yeah, I'm sure it's hard for him surrounded by Cooney, Higgins, Cross, Boyd, Akermanis, Gia. :rolleyes:

Imagine if Deledio had that kind of support. He also has more runs on the board as he has been better all of the previous years.

Deledio has the support of Foley, Cousins, Cotchin, Martin, Jackson, Tambling and Collins.

Cousins > Cooney
Foley > Higgins
Jackson < Boyd
Martin > Gia
Tambling > Aker
Collins > Cross
Jackson > Ward/Picken/Addison

Deledio has the support of Foley, Cousins, Cotchin, Martin, Jackson, Tambling and Collins.

Cousins > Cooney
Foley > Higgins
Jackson < Boyd (well maybe not this one)
Martin > Gia
Tambling > Aker
Collins > Boyd
Jackson > Cross

All those Bulldog comparisions are much better. Plus, it's not just the midfield it's all over the ground. Richmond gets flogged week in week out, Bulldogs most weeks are dishing out the floggings.

D.Kerr is a good example. Looked like a superstar in a great midfield at West Coast when they were going well but now without Cousins, Judd and co are gone and the team struggling he looks s**t. IMO if Deledio was playing at the Dogs he would be seen as a bettter player and a superstar of the comp but if Griffen was at Richmond he would be struggling. Just my opinion though.

Griffen seems to be finally breaking the potential tag and is just becoming an out and out gun. He kicks the ball more than he handballs so his stats of 25+ possessions with 80% / 90% efficiency are quite impressive. Is currently ranked 3rd for metres gained in the AFL. Kicking the ball so well this year. 60 metre passes that don't get above 8ft off the ground.

If he keeps it up the whole year he'll be ahead of Delidio. For now I'd have Lids ahead on consistency in past seasons.

Cousins > Cooney
Foley > Higgins
Jackson < Boyd
Martin > Gia
Tambling > Aker
Collins > Cross
Jackson > Ward/Picken/Addison

Lol.

Cooney>Cousins (easily)
Foley = Higgins
Boyd>Jackson (by alot)
Aker>Tambling (stop it)
Cross>Collins (surely you're trolling)
Martin>Gia (as a mid)
Cotchin>Ward/Picken

So we win two. Two of which include your worst mids and our best.

I've probably just wasted my time as it seems you're trolling, but anyway.

Lids would be doing great things in a strong side. He shows his worth when he has space, something he is rarely afforded at Richmond.

I don't agree with that excuse. I've heard it be used with just about every young talent that Richmond has had in the last 10 or so years. Look at the players you have recruited that came into your club like Cousins and Nathan Brown. They were good at their previous clubs and really stood out at Richmond as good players.

I think "if he were developed at another club" would be a more accurate statement.

Really your current situation all comes down to player development.

I don't agree with that excuse. I've heard it be used with just about every young talent that Richmond has had in the last 10 or so years. Look at the players you have recruited that came into your club like Cousins and Nathan Brown. They were good at their previous clubs and really stood out at Richmond as good players.

I think "if he were developed at another club" would be a more accurate statement.

Really your current situation all comes down to player development.
I don't know if you meant to say rarely instead of of really. If you're claiming Cousins has stood out at Richmond more than West coast you're kidding yourself.

I'll assume you meant rarely.

Nathan Brown played his best footy at Richmond. Unfortunately it was for only a season and a half due to injury.

Cousins is a ridiculous example. You really are showing your lack of football intellect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back