Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see Carter listed as possible one to go. I think the emergence of Bennell this year has not helped him. Carter played in a derby last year and did quite a good job on pugsly, pity he hasnt kicked on.

Interesting to see Carter listed as possible one to go. I think the emergence of Bennell this year has not helped him. Carter played in a derby last year and did quite a good job on pugsly, pity he hasnt kicked on.

I could never see the upside with Carter. He's very small, yet not very fast. That's not a great combination.

McGinnity just signed for 2 more years, why would we sign him then drop him, forcing us to pay out his contract? Can people please just stop putting McGinnitys name up as a delist option

I was putting his name down because he is a spud and I wasn't aware of the contract extension. 2 years seems like 2 too many for my liking, I'd much rather see Karpany or Newman in the team.

I was putting his name down because he is a spud and I wasn't aware of the contract extension. 2 years seems like 2 too many for my liking, I'd much rather see Karpany or Newman in the team.

Well those inside the club seem to rate him if they have given him an extension. I think he has deserved his spot given his output this year.
Karpany is no where near being elevated, his output at league level was disappointing until his injury and Newman is still a step behind Karpany.

Darling is twice the player Gunston is. Here's a stat - Darling has played 100% of his games with the West Coast Eagles... If he played for the Hawks he'd be a top 10 forward in the league.

Darling is twice the player Gunston is. Here's a stat - Darling has played 100% of his games with the West Coast Eagles... If he played for the Hawks he'd be a top 10 forward in the league.

Darling doesn't have Gunstons agility. Gunston is a taller version of Lecca and has shown that he can play on the biggest stage - arguable should have won the Norm Smith.

Darling is more of a KP player by comparison, stronger but slightly less in the agility, pace off the mark and hands below his knees ...

Jack remains a slightly undersized key position player who isn't quite agile enough for those up the ground/flank roles. He can be shut down by athletic medium tall defenders who can outdo him on pace/agility and while his strength might hurt them his lack of real KP height offsets that a bit ..

I love the way Darling goes about it but I'm not convinced he's untradeable .. as for being twice the player Gunston is, unless you're his mum, that's just silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also of the belief that Darling is a tradeable entity if given the right price. Probably one of our only players that could fetch a top 10 pick.

Last edited:
Why would you do that ?

Of course such a discussion is contextual, and dependent on our list. If we were talking this year, I'd probably be against trading Darling for a pick. But in a hypothetical discussion of potentially getting an A-grader in the midfield then I'm not entirely against the notion. That doesn't suggest that I'd definitely do it, just that it's something I'm open to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course such a discussion is contextual, and dependent on our list. If we were talking this year, I'd probably be against trading Darling for a pick. But in a hypothetical discussion of potentially getting an A-grader in the midfield then I'm not entirely against the notion. That doesn't suggest that I'd definitely do it, just that it's something I'm open to.

So are you trading Darling for an A grade mid or are you trading him for a top #10 pick in the hope of getting an a grade mid ?

If its the former then which mid do you have in mind ? If its the latter then who are going to be the A grade mids from this draft and where will they get taken ?

So are you trading Darling for an A grade mid or are you trading him for a top #10 pick in the hope of getting an a grade mid ?

If its the former then which mid do you have in mind ? If its the latter then who are going to be the A grade mids from this draft and where will they get taken ?

I'll be more clear:
Me mentioning he was one of our few worthy of a top ten pick was simply to point out his value, in that he has unique value compared to the rest of our list, not necessarily that I'd do any trade for a top 10 pick, as I would not. So no, as of this year, I would not trade him for a first round pick.

As for the A grade mid, I haven't given a lot of thought to which player that would be, just that it was a hypothetical that I'd consider for one. I'll have a think about who that specific one would be that I think could be worthy.

I'll be more clear:
Me mentioning he was one of our few worthy of a top ten pick was simply to point out his value, in that he has unique value compared to the rest of our list, not necessarily that I'd do any trade for a top 10 pick, as I would not. So no, as of this year, I would not trade him for a first round pick.

As for the A grade mid, I haven't given a lot of thought to which player that would be, just that it was a hypothetical that I'd consider for one. I'll have a think about who that specific one would be that I think could be worthy.

Aah - rambling thoughts. Yes he's probably worth a top 10 pick but so are a number of others at WC who along with Darling wont be traded unless a smoking hot deal is offered of which never happens.

The biggest problem for many supporters is that they (like the club itself) can see where a problem exists but unlike the club who can see the whole story, they believe the answer is as simple as moving a few out and drafting the next coming of Jesus (whom for many is judged after watching 15 mins of highlights)and then all will be well. Doesn't work like this.

Yep but there are some on here that will tell you they know better and actually believe it.
I hate bringing it up here (and I apologies) but people don't actually realise that Priddis' sole role on the on the field is to extract the ball. Not making this up, direct from the horse mouth. I wish i recorded it. While his defensive pressure/run can be better THIS IS HIS ROLE and he excels at it, no wonder he is admired at the club.

Yep but there are some on here that will tell you they know better and actually believe it.
I hate bringing it up here (and I apologies) but people don't actually realise that Priddis' sole role on the on the field is to extract the ball. Not making this up, direct from the horse mouth. I wish i recorded it. While his defensive pressure/run can be better THIS IS HIS ROLE and he excels at it, no wonder he is admired at the club.

I believe you like a lot of others continue to confuse the argument. HIS ROLE IS BAD - poor (almost zero) hurt factor and being exposed the other way, not a winning formula and has the team playing to a poor plan. We've just been through the crappiest era in our club's history.

BOND007, to answer your question, the use of Selwood/Schofield etc would be to entice a young mid with A grade talent (e.g. Conniglio/Swallow/JOM/Bennell) across. We're not god enough as is in the critical area of the midfield. We should have traded earlier and harder to go after guys like JOM/Conniglio/Martin or traded hard for Dustin Martin last year, but we're here now and need to put some skin in the game to get some quality.

I believe you like a lot of others continue to confuse the argument. HIS ROLE IS BAD - poor (almost zero) hurt factor and being exposed the other way, not a winning formula and has the team playing to a poor plan. We've just been through the crappiest era in our club's history.

I think this should be taken to that thread, but if anyone can produce the KPIs for his role then I will be happy to to pick apart the ones he is not hitting. Apologies mods, I will now refrain from any more replies regarding this matter.

Sorry, people DO understand that. Unlike you we have a clue.

The problem is we also see the weakness in having one bloke playing that role and how it makes us predictable and how, unlike some sports, AFL doesn't really have many positions that allow someone to just do one thing and be ordinary at almost everything else - when he inevitably and often will have to do those things he's ordinary at.

We see the problems have such a non versatile role is. Especially for someone whose around the ball so much.

If you thought that was news to anyone you're not reading the Priddis thread or you're a dribbling idiot. It's one or the other.

Either way, welcome to 2009.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back