Dimmas Disection on Roar Vision

Remove this Banner Ad

So your saying he rocks up and is given a script and some video that someone has out together and is there for the 6 minutes each week nothing more ?

You don't think this takes time to put together at all by him considering it's his segment and he's trying to give us his prospective on what is happening during games .

I'm not suggesting he's slicing up the footage himself but he'd be watching the tape to tell them the sections he wants , then he's have to think hard about who is in the section of crappy play and what players he's willing to burn each week and what he's going to say to them when they feel like s**t because they've watched it.'

Nahhhh it's not productive, time to give it a rest
Please show me when I said that? I said it doesn't take time away from actual coaching. This is SEPERATE.

Can I suggest let them do their home work themselves , not put it on a silver player for them. In business he'd be creating time for his competitors to spend on new ideas , staff mentoring or stream lining processes ultimately making you competitors more profit. In footy you are giving the oppostion assistants coaches more time to spend with their players developing them it helping them get up for the game.

I can't see how you guys think this is a good idea.

If you think for half a second that opposition's don't do the work well in advance of the dissection coming out, then you really have no credibility at all. Each club has access to all of champion data's wide array of stats, not to mention their own statisticians and vision, as well as opposition analysts. It's 2014.... sides are not boating in from a 3 month journey across the world with no knowledge of what's been happening....

Yes it's done for marketing purposes.... to give the members a so-called insight into the analysis done..... If you think a 4-6 min video is either the complete answer for what went wrong or the extent of review done internally then you are very naive.

Anybody who believes that Dimma's dissection helps opposition clubs in preparing to play against us in any way whatsoever is a massive flog. End of story.

If I was Brad Scott's assistant and he said ok put some tape together and show me where the Tiges are breaking down we've got them this Sunday I'd go straight to Roar Vision and press play .

That would be a leg up everyday of the week

If you don't think this happens every week anyway, you are seriously dumb. The prep would have been happening not just on the last performance but generally over the last month, with season statistical analysis, known stoppage setups, kick out strategies (which wouldn't take long for us) etc etc etc...

The reason you are not an opposition analyst is because you would go to roar vision and press play. You have no idea about any of this stuff and have fallen for the whole point of the marketing campaign....which is pretty ironic. You think you have been given insider access.... Oh dear.... you poor misguided individual.

Please show me when I said that? I said it doesn't take time away from actual coaching. This is SEPERATE.
Any time he spends on it is taking away from time he could spend coaching , are you suggesting he only has a 38 hour week coaching and then the rest is over time ?

LMAO this thread.

Go out and enjoy life lads.

* me too much dissecting of dissecting of dissecting.

Will turn into a vegetable if I read forums any longer.

P.S. Even I have been to blame with the don't drink campaign.:straining:

I think we all need to go out have a breath of fresh air and stop looking for things that mean * all in the grand scheme of things.

I stopped watching them ages ago. It pretty much tells me what I already knew with a few stats thrown in (which if I cared enough about stats, I would also already know)

Can't see how opposition teams are getting any competitive advantage out of this or that much time is being spent putting it together TBH. If opposition analysts are watching this it would most likely be 5 minutes wasted whereas on our end there is goodwill shown towards the fans without really telling anything that hardcore footy fans wouldn't know already.

Last edited:
Dimma's video = Viewers watching it + Sponsors exposing and / or advertising their brand.

Now for those that think he is giving away information, you've been punked.

Last edited:
would rather see vids of half time and after game talks ... but thats never gonna happen unless they wanted to give the fans some real footage not rehearsed media garbage

Why do we have to tell the world what we are trying to achieve or do?

I agree.

Even if our opposition have only ever got one tiny bit of useful information out of it then it is too much.

If people think the opposition have never got anything useful out of watching these videos then they are kidding themselves.

Bin it, tell no-one nothing about how we operate, think, review or anything about what we do.

Last edited:
No matter how he spins it every week after a loss he's signalling out players and scratching his nose for excuses.

In this weeks one he is putting up vital statics showing anyone that watched it that we are playing our poorest footy since round 15 in 2011.

What do you think Brad Scott will be telling his boys at 3 quarter time if the games in the balance and I pray it is. He'll be explaining to his players that we are soft and if they keep working hard they'll wear us down because they are 3 years more advanced than us and he'll give them the stats. The assistant coaches will think he's a genius and they'll all be laughing after they win having a beer when they find out Brad got these stats off our bloody website.

Can it now it's an embarrassment. How can you dress down Jack for breaking ranks when every week he's showing highlights of players making mistakes trying to save his job.

I'm over it . I was over it when we where winning last year it's just bull s**t spin when we are losing and a circle jerk when we are winning . Why do we have to tell the world what we are trying to achieve or do?

Nothing new, Dimma has been saying too much for too long. Opposition coaches just have to listen to him to gain an advantage. GC knew that Thomas was going to tag Ablett in R1 weeks before. Why? Stfu and just do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

Even if our opposition have only ever got one tiny bit of useful information out of it then it is too much.

If people think the opposition have never got anything useful out of watching these videos then they are kidding themselves.

Bin it, tell no-one nothing about how we operate, think, review or anything about what we do.

Agree it leaves us exposing coaching and player deficiencies which most team probably know of ,but we shouldn't be making it easier for them.
Also we are also left wide open to be ridiculed not only by our own but by the rest.
Now that we're in a crisis it is all meaningless other than making our coaching staff appear incompetent as the same mistakes are repeated.

Agree it leaves us exposing coaching and player deficiencies which most team probably know of ,but we shouldn't be making it easier for them.
Also we are also left wide open to be ridiculed not only by our own but by the rest.
Now that we're in a crisis it is all meaningless other than making our coaching staff appear incompetent as the same mistakes are repeated.
That's true, coz I didn't realise we were playing s**t football till I watched the video.
From now on, I won't watch and I will love the footy coz I won't see any deficencies in how we play.:rolleyes:

save your energy and downloads and in 25 years you wont own the power company or internet provider, but you will save money.

That's true, coz I didn't realise we were playing s**t football till I watched the video.
From now on, I won't watch and I will love the footy coz I won't see any deficencies in how we play.:rolleyes:
Yeah but come on , we are pointing s**t out that they think they have got a clue on and confirming it for them. That gives them more conviction in their home work. Which then gives them more of a boost to open their mouths in a meeting and put us down even more. It's just not helping our cause anymore , as a lot of you guys pointed out in the positive it is a good membership tool for the masses . If we don't win games we will have no membership across the broader spectrum of supporters that don't even know we have a website and don't have a clue what big footy is and their is way more than us guys .

Yeah but come on , we are pointing s**t out that they think they have got a clue on and confirming it for them. That gives them more conviction in their home work. Which then gives them more of a boost to open their mouths in a meeting and put us down even more. It's just not helping our cause anymore , as a lot of you guys pointed out in the positive it is a good membership tool for the masses . If we don't win games we will have no membership across the broader spectrum of supporters that don't even know we have a website and don't have a clue what big footy is and their is way more than us guys .
Rusty, I'm still not sure you're not trolling and I think this thread should live in the pantheon of WTF for wrongheadedness. But if we had your persistence we'd be in the 8.

Last edited:
Nothing new, Dimma has been saying too much for too long. Opposition coaches just have to listen to him to gain an advantage. GC knew that Thomas was going to tag Ablett in R1 weeks before. Why? Stfu and just do it.
Yeah because it would've been a real secret surprise tactic to tag the greatest player of the modern era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back