Game Day Dimma's EF spray

Remove this Banner Ad

In some ways, I'm looking forward to playing LOLnorf again.

2013:
Lose to Carlton - 2014 Richmond wins and gets revenge.

2014:
Lose to Port - 2015 - Spoil Cornes' milestone game with a heroic win on the road.

2015:
Lose to LOLnorf - 2016.....

Naamloos-2.png

Players will have this one penciled in I reckon. Will be a game where they want to atone for last year's aberration in the EF.
revenge in a home and away game mean nothing

I'm a Dimma fan overall, he's created a good culture and done an excellent job developing the players. (Understanding of the roles of assistant coaches, but he's the one ultimately responsible). I just don't understand why he did throw Cotch forward and Griffo back once North started getting on top in the 3rd. I was screaming for this at the time, it might not of worked, but it seemed to be worth a try.
Yes yes yes and yes
Creativity and ability to think quickly in a crisis is what great coaches do
You think DH would have moved onto P-plates after being on his L's for Six years .Ive always known he was a poor driver , but xxxx me he's even below that

In some ways, I'm looking forward to playing LOLnorf again.

2013:
Lose to Carlton - 2014 Richmond wins and gets revenge.

2014:
Lose to Port - 2015 - Spoil Cornes' milestone game with a heroic win on the road.

2015:
Lose to LOLnorf - 2016.....

Naamloos-2.png

Players will have this one penciled in I reckon. Will be a game where they want to atone for last year's aberration in the EF.
Oh great only 14 more EF to go :(

please don't even go there with that thought, couldn't handle another first up finals loss. Last 3 years have been bad enough.lol
Loool, I said to myself before this year's final, "Surely Richmond will not lose another EF again. SURELY they won't do it again". Lo and behold, we collected the no.12 draft pick once again for the third season in a row.

Bottom line, emotionally prepare for all situations this year

To all those , Tango, Juss, Sunshine Tiger, it is pleasing that others share my view.

I am a Dimma fan in as much as I think his enthusiasm, and ability to relate to the players have been good for the club. And MAYBE we can't do any better. But he can!!!

He does need to learn to be better tactically, or bring in someone who is, as an assistant.
I was very serious when I said I think we concede 3 - 4 goals start in finals games to the good coaches. We aren't yet good enough to hand over that much start although I'm thinking we are getting closer. The above post I think says it very well. The good coaches can adapt. They try things. Not all of them work but trying nothing new doesn't either as we have seen.
I think we could easily have beaten North in the EF if our selections and tactics were better. They are a good side but no better than we are.

So the good coaches try things, not all of them work....but Dimma tried something and it didn't work?
Not following the logic there champ.

revenge in a home and away game mean nothing

True but would be nice to get one over those half dozen smug norf fans who act like their win in the EF was as good as winning the GF.

Creaming a team with Boomer, Nahas, Waite, Petrie, Thomas and Spud Firrito. I can think of worst things. ;)

So the good coaches try things, not all of them work....but Dimma tried something and it didn't work?

I'm assuming by trying something, you mean picking Griff and Conca.

Judgement is a very important thing. You can try things that are less likely to come off, and this was a case in point. (Which, I might add, is different to trying things in a match which you are not winning).

Or you can try things that have more probability of succeeding. This is what successful people do. They generally get it right!!!

History says that this selection experiment didn't work. From what I have read, a substantial number of supporters and media commentators also felt it was an unwise choice. both before and after the game.

And this is basically my point. Dimma is an ok coach with some good skills, including passion, ability to motivate and certainly seems to have the respect from the players. He fails for mine as a tactician and in his judgement, at times, of player positioning. You can agree or not, doesn't matter to me, but I think the results are there for all to see.

Our best chance, as the club appears to want to give him every opportunity, is that he improves in these areas. Interestingly, today they announced that they weren't going to make a decision on his future. Pretty wise move. I hope he improves. Personally, I like him and I like his basic approach. It just would be nice if he was a bit better at some important aspects of coaching.

And as someone else referred to, I know we have a premiership coach on the panel and it really surprises me that we are still pretty ordinary in a tactical sense. I would have thought this would have made an appreciable difference. It doesn't seem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good coaches try things when they need a different outcome to the one that they can see unfolding in front of them, that usually come off and they obtain the different outcome, hence they are good coaches. s**t coaches sit there most of the time and hope that something different will happen without trying anything different and then when they do try things, allbeit 3 or 4 times in a career, they f**k it up...these types of coaches tend to be nice dudes that have a good rapport with the playing group, da de da dade dahh and all that s**t that we went through with Spud back when only to understand how shitful he was when it was plain as day from the beginning...how can we forget Spud's plan A - Kick it to Richo and if plan A didnt work, his plan B - kick it to Richo...what we have now is the same with a twist...Dimma will turn to the stats and ask about the %es and how they are stacking up because when we hit a KPI in this area and that area, we tend to win..all good when you are racking up the points to get into the finals, but when finals arrive its all about making things happen that makes you stand out....Dimma can only sit there sucking his thumb...I mean, lets take JR as an example...we all know that he has that uncanny ability to make things happen out of nothing...but he has to be where its at to do that...so when he is getting towelled up deep in the FL, double and tripled teamed and Dimma then looks at the stats and sees Ty is getting his arse reamed as well...why not swing JR to CHB or onto the ball or ******* somewhere where we might get a 1% increase in output, we wont even touch on the mosdt obvious of obvious and talk about Cotch and his 9 possessions in the final and Dimma refusing to put him deep into the FL or somewhere we things might just change...i mean the dude is getting tagged up the arse, nothing is happening,. TRY AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, CHANGE IT FFS fool...but nope, not Dimma, its always a glance to the stats lap top and then sit there hoping that the %ers will increase in the KPIs.
As Albert Einstein suggested, the epitomy of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome..and this doesnt only relate to Dimma but to Benny .;)

Last edited:
good coaches try things when they need a different outcome to the one that they can see unfolding in front of them, that usually come off and they obtain the different outcome, hence they are good coaches. s**t coaches sit there most of the time and hope that something different will happen without trying anything different and then when they do try things, allbeit 3 or 4 times in a career, they f**k it up...these types of coaches tend to be nice dudes that have a good rapport with the playing group, da de da dade dahh and all that s**t that we went through with Spud back when only to understand how shitful he was when it was plain as day from the beginning...how can we forget Spud's plan A - Kick it to Richo and if plan A didnt work, his plan B - kick it to Richo...what we have now is the same with a twist...Dimma will turn to the stats and ask about the %es and how they are stacking up because when we hit a KPI in this area and that area, we tend to win..all good when you are racking up the points to get into the finals, but when finals arrive its all about making things happen that makes you stand out....Dimma can only sit there sucking his thumb...I mean, lets take JR as an example...we all know that he has that uncanny ability to make things happen out of nothing...but he has to be where its at to do that...so when he is getting towelled up deep in the FL, double and tripled teamed and Dimma then looks at the stats and sees Ty is getting his arse reamed as well...why not swing JR to CHB or onto the ball or ******* somewhere where we might get a 1% increase in output, we wont even touch on the mosdt obvious of obvious and talk about Cotch and his 9 possessions in the final and Dimma refusing to put him deep into the FL or somewhere we things might just change...i mean the dude is getting tagged up the arse, nothing is happening,. TRY AND MAKE IT HAPPEN, CHANGE IT FFS fool...but nope, not Dimma, its always a glance to the stats lap top and then sit there hoping that the %ers will increase in the KPIs.
As Albert Einstein suggested, the epitomy of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome..and this not doesnt only relate to Dimma but to Benny .;)

Probably put in slightly harsher terms than I did but I totally get your point. But as we seem stuck with Dimma for this season, we have to hope that he does see the light and become more flexible in his approach
to things. Otherwise we might have to put up with another unfulfilled season.

The Chief on SEN this morning said that as Dimma has not yet fulfilled expectations contracts talks won't occur until around round 12

LOL, where did you pluck round 12 from, just listened to his interview and not once does he say round 12, don't you realise they say these things just to get the media off their backs, if you think they haven't even talked contracts then i know a Nigerian banker who you might be interested in.

It sounded like they have already made the decision and it will be announced in due course and Benny didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, lots of um's and ah's in there and handled the situation well after OX was putiing words into his mouth.

I still find it baffling why they would sign him soon. It's simple, just tell him the contract will be given if he can win a final or finish top 4, otherwise serious talks.

Make him earn it, no complacency.

I still find it baffling why they would sign him soon. It's simple, just tell him the contract will be given if he can win a final or finish top 4, otherwise serious talks.

Make him earn it, no complacency.

KPIs ........

As Albert Einstein suggested, the epitomy of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome..and this doesnt only relate to Dimma but to Benny .;)

Fair point. There's always the counterpoint: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I'm in the camp that says "Let's be patient."

Anything but the carnage we used to have. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back