News Dimma's interview 'On the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious All the time has become 35 years
The joke needs to be over before the fun can begin
If we play with the flamboyant game style when DH first started I could find fun and life in footy, but since the EF 2013 I made a pact with the rfc that I would never accept mediocrity from them .
So what did they dish up in 2014 and early 2015 the most boring unattractive crab style afl football I've ever witnessed.
People on here have different standards and tolerance levels
Me my standards are now for no more mediocrity and spin coupled up with low tolerance of spin and mediocrity

You know what mate ? I can respect that and actually agree in part, just have issue with sometimes I think of your delivery of said message. On a serious note, I would also love us to revert back to the game plan we used in 2013. We were attacking, and on our day awesome to see. Where we differ, I believe Dimma regonised that the helta scelta game plan we have been accustomed too, wont stand up to intense pressure footy.

Obviously he reacted IMO to defensively. Turned us from a run and gun side into a turtle that can win games but when we lose we are rarely smashed. IMO I also believe he is stubborn and has refused to change tact, to force what he believes is the right way on the cattle he has. Its one reason I believe he loves the battler. They follow instruction and are safe footballers.

I am just hoping, and I am not holding my breath, the penny has finally dropped. Now I have nothing to base that on other then a gut feel but I am hoping he reverts back to a hybrid, naturally attacking game plan that still holds team defense as an absolute.

Guess well see

but he said thats not the style we want to play didnt he? (i'm not having a crack, i'm just seeking clarification that he did in fact say that)
I think what hes saying is the free wheeling style will only take us so far. Boy we only have to look at the last few yrs to see he is right.
His trouble is hes trying to get us to play accountable footy and it doesn't work. What i dont get with him is he then continues to play the blokes who cant play the way he wants.

What really stands out here is just how adept we are at sweeping the real problems under the carpet after we have a win. If we can only play bruise free footy then im sorry to say to all we wont be winning any finals in the near future.

Some people are saying wow what a marvelous win. But is it really?? We defeated a very young side like our selves, Who like us have not done a thing as yet against good opposition.
In all seriousness, i am asking did this style work for no other reason than we were allowed to play this way.

You know what mate ? I can respect that and actually agree in part, just have issue with sometimes I think of your delivery of said message. On a serious note, I would also love us to revert back to the game plan we used in 2013. We were attacking, and on our day awesome to see. Where we differ, I believe Dimma regonised that the helta scelta game plan we have been accustomed too, wont stand up to intense pressure footy.

Obviously he reacted IMO to defensively. Turned us from a run and gun side into a turtle that can win games but when we lose we are rarely smashed. IMO I also believe he is stubborn and has refused to change tact, to force what he believes is the right way on the cattle he has. Its one reason I believe he loves the battler. They follow instruction and are safe footballers.

I am just hoping, and I am not holding my breath, the penny has finally dropped. Now I have nothing to base that on other then a gut feel but I am hoping he reverts back to a hybrid, naturally attacking game plan that still holds team defense as an absolute.

Guess well see
I agree with most of that , but after listening to him on the couch it appears he wants an 8 goal game rather than a 8 goal quarter game. About battlers they will take you nowhere so all the clown had to do was continue to blood kids or trade for quality
He cheaped out for bigger bodied spuds or the wrong expensive guys like Chaplin and Hampson
Knights backfired on him which could have been great for us , but in the end it was another waste
Then we kept Newman for so so to nothing football and Foley in this time for meh meh to spells of brilliance , but too injury riddled almost three years to basically nothing now
He has himself to blame for not asking for more from Blair and friends
I'm not really worried about how we go this year as I'm convinced playing retreads will cost him his job
He just needs to put games in all of the kids for our future progress.
What I'm really looking forward to is the draft and TRADE weeks. This is really when my season begins and if they mess it up here again then we could be going south again. I just hope they clear out a lot of rubbish and then use the massive war chest to fill our deficiencies

Serious All the time has become 35 years
The joke needs to be over before the fun can begin
If we play with the flamboyant game style when DH first started I could find fun and life in footy, but since the EF 2013 I made a pact with the rfc that I would never accept mediocrity from them .
So what did they dish up in 2014 and early 2015 the most boring unattractive crab style afl football I've ever witnessed.
People on here have different standards and tolerance levels
Me my standards are now for no more mediocrity and spin coupled up with low tolerance of spin and mediocrity

Hit the nail on the head.

I'm with you on having higher standards about how we should be going about things. I guess some people after all we've been through are now just happy with mediocrity and a game plan that works once every so often. I refuse to accept it, but for the people that do I understand why. The pile after pile of s**t the club shoveled in its supporters faces for 3 decades might have something to do with it.

We can't have a naturally attacking game style and still hold team defense as an absolute because that would involve hard running both ways.... something most of our players don't do. Dimma has pretty much accepted this and the game plan is tailored to suite players that don't work hard enough both ways. That's where a lot of our mediocrity lies.

We can't have a naturally attacking game style and still hold team defense as an absolute because that would involve hard running both ways.... something most of our players don't do. Dimma has pretty much accepted this and the game plan is tailored to suite players that don't work hard enough both ways. That's where a lot of our mediocrity lies.

Hence why i think he has blundered and IMO will be replaced at the end of the year if he does not wake up.

Instead of recruiting re treads with endurance to run both ways, he should have still IMO gone for kids and taught them to run both ways. Those that dont, wont get a game. It shits me to tears, he can be hard to players like Hampson, lennon etc but then give guys like Morris, Gordon and Lloyd free rides.

Bottom line, we can have a attacking team who defends, hawks have it, swans do, even Port in there last two years.

Now now, CB17, if we can't enjoy a win over the Pies when can we?
I'm sure the real Captain Blood would be enjoying any win over the hated enemy, let's take it one week at a time and this week was a good week. :)

Dude, i am so hard right now that i could break coke bottles over my old fella. That's how excited i am.
#bustinstuffonmyoldfella

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Lol out of anyone I think you actually hate Dimma the most. What I judge him are the results and the way we play... not on him personally.

My only criticism of him on a personal level is that imo he's a bit soft for an AFL coach.. he could do well with living up to name and be a bit harder. But I don't dislike him as a person.. he's a great bloke and the boys love him. You seem to really dislike him though
No I too think he's a great bloke but I also think he's not up to it. I will admit I don't like him going in front of the media pulling gags and acting like a clown. That's embarrassing for him unfortunately . You look at the tape where Johnathon Brown actually slows him down and basically begs him not to make a joke out of his next question in that interview . It's embarrassing .

I have formed the opinion that i firmly believe that dimma will coach us to the end of his contract pending complete capitulation.
A number of reasons why..
The club knows we can not win the flag with the current list. They knew that last year. They looked at the FA pool compared to the depth of the draft and also looked at the FA pool for this year and decided the draft was the way to go. They drafted accordingly and from what i see CEllis Drummond Menadue and co....will be ripe when our Premiership window opens in 2 years. So they were prepared this year to stagnate to claim these guys hopefully get some games into them and ready them for a tilt.
I believe this year we will have a massive crack at a couple of FAs this year to fill the holes that are being identified

my reasoning is. Last years draft is apparently much stronger then this years.
This years FA pool is much stronger then last years pool.

As i say i reckon the board will have a win figure in mind baring in mind that they want to see development in the draftees from past couple of years. I think they will be prepared to provide him with some serious cattle both inside the white line and in the box.

This isnt me being on my Hardwick soap box as i have stated before that i support the club and its decisions and those who make them and i dont believe the coach should be hung drawn and quartered like he did on these forums after 4-5 rounds.
This is just my opinion.
Why didn't they do this last year ? Is it incompetence that they didn't ?

Totally agree. Do yourselves a favour and head to level 4 of the G and see how aggressive our forward press is. From this perspective you can see we are playing Russian roulette! No wonder opposition sides often find 3-4 players on their own in their forward 50 when they create a turnover. It's mind boggling when you see it from this view.

I was watching from level 2 and couldn`t believe how stupid that game plan was.

As soon as they changed things in the second quarter we were a completely different team, it`s like the players breathed a sigh of relief and the shackles were released.

Read the post and the reasonings
Yeah sorry you did say last year was included in this theory .

It's a silly theory because last year was the deep draft and we went out and won 9 in a row and refused to promote youth when we had the chance to so they weren't focused on draft picks then. And if you want to relate insipid performances this year against the Doggies , Melbourne , Geelong and Norf to us positioning ourselves for free agency that doesn't cost you draft picks then I think your way off.

Why didn't we even trade anyone out last year to even up grade our 3rd or 4th round picks if we are so focused on youth and identified that a strong draft compared to this year ?

I don't know why you guys try to make excuses for an under performing coaching staff. The club will never improve if you make up what they are doing right rather than asking them to improve what they are doing wrong.

What's your thoughts on how things would be for Hardwick this week if we had of went down by 5 points considering that 1st quarter? Has he arrested the slow starts that have been talked about all year?

Will we finally fix that against Port Adelaide this Sunday ?

I repeat. Hitting the draft hard is not just simply using the picks allocated to you.

Also the club tried to offload 3 times our first or second rounder.

We didn't go into that season of recruiting with clear objectives. We fell into it and people are falling for spin that we always targeted the draft to be aggressive.

If they did we would have tried hard to move up to get a couple of second round picks or improve our position for another player.

Too many believe whatever the club tells them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I repeat. Hitting the draft hard is not just simply using the picks allocated to you.

We didn't go into that season of recruiting with clear objectives. We fell into it and people are falling for spin that we always targeted the draft to be aggressive.

If they did we would have tried hard to move up to get a couple of second round picks or improve our position for another player.

I agree we should of attacked last years draft with venom but they didn't , they just used the picks available to them after missing out on 4 players from other clubs .

They'll need to attack this one with venom because it is only quality to about pick 30 and drops off after that.

I agree we should of attacked last years draft with venom but they didn't , they just used the picks available to them after missing out on 4 players from other clubs .

They'll need to attack this one with venom because it is only quality to about pick 30 and drops off after that.

I agree. But I doubt they will. Most clubs know the depth this year sucks. Makes it harder to trade.

I think we should have gone harder and younger last year and this year allowed for some quality imports.

Newman and Foley should have departed last year freeing up two spots and we should have got two more kids. This year we could lure a FA and attack two quality trades.

To many also want to hate for the sake of hating

You are not referring to myself now are you?

Cause you couldn't be more wrong. It would be stupidity for you to go down that track.

I wasn't implying that to anyone in particular, however i think a few have crossed the line for what they think is best for the club and their own personal opinions of the bloke. a few judgements have become clouded

We still haven't worked out what 'The Richmond way is" have we?
Just watched Dimmas dissection and he said our two leaders stood up on the wknd in Cotchin , Deledio and Maric . If he can't count then I've got no faith in him working out what the Richmond way is .

Another beauty from Dimmas dissection " We probably gave Menadue a game a little earlier than what we would of liked but he deserved it " WTF

The bloke has serious communication issues plain and simple .

I wasn't implying that to anyone in particular, however i think a few have crossed the line for what they think is best for the club and their own personal opinions of the bloke. a few judgements have become clouded

You are not Dimma are you?

Not referring that rubbish to anyone but say a few have crossed the line?

Who are the few? Name them?

I also think it's rubbish. After 6 years there is a good sample size to for strong opinions particularly now. There is no hate I see. Just commentating and opinioning on his coaching.

Anyone who takes anything from what a coach says in an interview and uses that as evidence to support their claim that the coach is s**t is a ******* idiot basically.

You are not Dimma are you?

Not referring that rubbish to anyone but say a few have crossed the line?

Who are the few? Name them?

I also think it's rubbish. After 6 years there is a good sample size to for strong opinions particularly now. There is no hate I see. Just commentating and opinioning on his coaching.

Agree but we have improved every year for those six. this year is still a small sample and what we did last year can not be understated. to hang the bloke after 4-5 rounds like most have makes no sense to someone who has been sensational for our club.
Look at all the losses in context, although all were disappointing the Melbourne one was by far the worse (we played poor they played out of their skin). Bulldogs form has held up (beat Sydney in Sydney, Pushed Freo the distance) Geelong and Norff were momentary lapses that killed us. I'm an under no illusions that we need to make adjustments but i believe getting rid of the coach would set us back at least 2 years. People need to remember where our list is at in experience and age. i think plenty on Big footy have probably over rated us early this year and now that things aren't going there way they want to throw the toys out of the cot.
I have always thought that we are still a fair way off the top 3 (Freo, hawks Syd) only have to look at how many players we have over 200 games or 28-29 years of age. Our window should open in 2017 thats what i am expecting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back