Division 2 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further thoughts on this topic. Could Lowey be another Michael Holloway?
Just extrapolating on the fact that since Lowey has stopped posting, Silent Bob has also stopped.
Was it a clever ploy by Lowey to keep the Gully v Upper Gully rivalry at a peak?
Come on Lowey/Bob an answer beckons.

So the finals in Div 2 are

Saturday
19s - Lily v Park Orch
2s - Moor v Upper
1s - Donny East v Upper

Sunday
19s - Mitch v Croy
2s - Park Orch v Bays
1s - Lily v Bays

What are the chances the league uses some common sense and swaps the 19s days around ?

Saturday
19s - Lily v Park Orch
2s - Moor v Upper
1s - Donny East v Upper

Sunday
19s - Mitch v Croy
2s - Park Orch v Bays
1s - Lily v Bays

What are the chances the league uses some common sense and swaps the 19s days around ?
Why would the EFL go out of its way fri Lilydale ..?
Guess their could be a first time !

Last edited:

Saturday
19s - Lily v Park Orch
2s - Moor v Upper
1s - Donny East v Upper

Sunday
19s - Mitch v Croy
2s - Park Orch v Bays
1s - Lily v Bays

With Mitcham hosting 4th division finals next Saturday can we please leave the Mitcham v Croydon as is,next Sunday so "all" our supporters can watch our boys.

Saturday
19s - Lily v Park Orch
2s - Moor v Upper
1s - Donny East v Upper

Sunday
19s - Mitch v Croy
2s - Park Orch v Bays
1s - Lily v Bays

Sorry Crusey, common sense isn't the issue as far as the EFL are concerned. On Saturday in the Ressies 2nd semi, East Burwood played Forest Hill. On Sunday EB played FH in the 1st semi. Why?
Well I reckon it's all about money. If you play both teams on one day you only get the gate once.
If you play them on different days you theoretically can get twice the gate.
Don't hold you breath!

Was the decision to pay holding the ball the correct one for anyone that was out there today ?? A mate who was neutral said it was.

Sound like it was a ripper of a game!! Well done Lilydale.

Not sure how we won but we'll take it

5 goals down at halftime and didnt look like gettin near them

Lachie Wilson kicked 2 ripping goals in the third, first one after spoiling a mark then snapping

Lead changed few times in the last quarter

Pat Klepp chose to pass off instead of taking a shot with a minute or so to go, kicked it straight to a Baysie player

Definately holding the ball

Was the decision to pay holding the ball the correct one for anyone that was out there today ?? A mate who was neutral said it was.

50/50.
Compared to what was let go during the game it was confusing.
Upper Gully comfortably next week

Skip to 3hr 5mins and decide for yourself.

Think the decision itself was correct BUT there were two immediately beforehand that probably could’ve been paid the other way... and most of all, I think it should’ve been advantage paid to the Lilydale player who snapped it. So play on.

All in all, Bayswater hard done by for mine. But their own fault for giving up the lead you’d have to say.

Skip to 3hr 5mins and decide for yourself.

Think the decision itself was correct BUT there were two immediately beforehand that probably could’ve been paid the other way... and most of all, I think it should’ve been advantage paid to the Lilydale player who snapped it. So play on.

All in all, Bayswater hard done by for mine. But their own fault for giving up the lead you’d have to say.

Thanks. That’s a bad call in my book.should have been play on . If you pay that you have to pay hundreds of them during he game . Great comeback by lilydale though . Well done.

reflecting over a few (too many) iced waters last night.

Should never have been beaten when 7 goals up, No excuse really.
Majority of the game was played on bayswaters terms - was unable to sustain a different game style that had been used throughout the season.

3rd Qtr - started losing the contested ball which allowed Lilydales small forwards to cheat and run forward when ball was still in dispute.

As said, No excuse to lose after being 7 goals up, But still a couple of very very questionable decisions that ultimately influenced the result.
Of course, The last free on the siren,
Also, A a minute left, Lilydale bloke takes a nice mark on the wing, Plays on, Gets tackled, Should have either been holding the ball or 25 mtr penalty. Not told to go back and take his kick.

Anyway. Will be there for the 2s prelim, Then get out my red and blue beanie for the 1sts game.

Saturday
19s - Lily v Park Orch
2s - Moor v Upper
1s - Donny East v Upper

Sunday
19s - Mitch v Croy
2s - Park Orch v Bays
1s - Lily v Bays

Good luck Donny East( BHFC) from a distant place. Good to see the maroon and blue still rolling along at Zerbes reserve, hope you can get the flag this time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the loss for Bayswater has taken its toll - McCormack leaving the club and they are now looking for a new senior coach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry I’ve been distant boys not going on in life. Thanks for the pump up crusey, didn’t do ya much good against the barkers last week. See how we go tomorrow. Looking for a chance to bounce back and go from there. I’ve enjoyed the experience, and maybe continue on in the future. But for now it’s back to the cliches and one week at a time. As for the upper/Ftg rivalry...it’s none existent at the minute when one teams going one way and the others going opposite directions. We’ve got much bigger fish to fry than those folk down the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back