Do we dare dream

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm curious to see how EMac and maybe Brown affect our side when they're back.

Gov, Schofield and Barrass are all fairly attacking KPDs and like to back in their rebound skills over killing the ball. Mackenzie has learned to be super conservative from Glass, and Brown is Brown.

Is there any chance our defense and our rebound through the corridor is actually worse off once eric is back? It sounds ridiculous but you just never know.
I look forward to having EMac doing his thing on a monster forward, with Gov or Schofield dropping off their man and double-teaming the forward. Impregnable.

Port in 2007 made the GF after missing finals in 2006

Adelaide were 12th in 1996. Won the flag in 1997

Don't think there are any others

Edit: how could I forget the cats in 2007
dees in 2000 made the gf after not playing finals the year before. Bombers 93 { winners }, Blues 99, Swans 96 all in that same boat. Pies 2002 as well.

Gov, Schofield and Barrass are all fairly attacking KPDs and like to back in their rebound skills over killing the ball. Mackenzie has learned to be super conservative from Glass, and Brown is Brown.

Is there any chance our defense and our rebound through the corridor is actually worse off once eric is back? It sounds ridiculous but you just never know.
I think that eMac has shown last year and the year before his willingness to attack. He'll slot in lovely. Brown will struggle.

Anyone know if the preliminary finals are played at the same day and times every year?
Ive got something on that Saturday, and hopefully if we make it, i wanna know if i need to rearrange my weekend.

Anyone know if the preliminary finals are played at the same day and times every year?
Ive got something on that Saturday, and hopefully if we make it, i wanna know if i need to rearrange my weekend.
Sometimes it's been a day game, sometimes twilight, and sometimes a night fixture.

I would guess it'll be a twilight game if in Perth

It's only a day game if the opposition has to travel home that day, otherwise it's a night game on the Saturday.

Do we dare to dream ...of course we do

The ladder does not lie at round 23 .....it says a lot of how you have played ...if you sit in the top 4 maths tells me you have a 25% chance of winning the flag ....

It's probably higher for top 2 when you have Perth finals

We are in this to our eye balls I would say

Looking forward to watching team play at Mcg. We run hard and hit targets. Simpsons prepared us for 2 years now to rip the Hawks apart at the home of football.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...-once-in-60-days/story-fniv6fhh-1227494557064

WEST Coast can qualify for this year’s Grand Final having travelled only once in the previous nine weeks, as long as it secures a top-two finish.

The extraordinary scenario means the Eagles could fly to Melbourne for the Grand Final on Thursday, October 1 — two days before the game — having travelled just once in the previous 60 days. The unprecedented luxury for a non-Victorian club is on offer due to a fixture quirk which has West Coast playing four of its last five regular season games in Perth.

As well as clinching second, the Eagles would then need to win home qualifying and preliminary finals at Subiaco Oval to advance to their first Grand Final in nine years.

The trip to Melbourne would then be the team’s first flight for five weeks, and just the second trip in the previous two months.

The same dream scenario would also apply if West Coast slips to fourth and beats Fremantle in a derby qualifying final in the opening week of the finals.

The Eagles played their third consecutive match at Subiaco Oval in the weekend’s win over the Western Bulldogs.

They have not flown since the Round 18 trip to the Gold Coast, when they drew with the Suns.

The Eagles have the comfort of finishing the regular season with so many home games because last Sunday’s Western Derby was an away fixture and because they played two consecutive away games in Round 12 and Round 14, split by a bye in Round 13.
It seems everything is coming together for us this year.

^ Tainted flag material right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone had said we would be second on the table After round 22 with a game to go at home saints I would have called the mental asylum.

We sit second ...forget today's rubbish ...we were not keen

We will be fine v saints and Hawks ......looking forward to it

Just had a look at the ladder predictor. If we lose to the Hawks in the QF, we'll have to play either Dogs or Crows. Either of those 2 "could" beat us over here, probably crows more likely than the Dogs, still probably better than having to play Richmond or North.

Still looking like a pretty even finals series, with no real easy side of the draw.

Just had a look at the ladder predictor. If we lose to the Hawks in the QF, we'll have to play either Dogs or Crows. Either of those 2 "could" beat us over here, probably crows more likely than the Dogs, still probably better than having to play Richmond or North.

Still looking like a pretty even finals series, with no real easy side of the draw.

In a way, that could be good. I feel like if we played a pushover team in the finals, we might lack enough focus the next week.

Honestly, just going to take every week as it comes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a way, that could be good. I feel like if we played a pushover team in the finals, we might lack enough focus the next week.

Honestly, just going to take every week as it comes.
Full credit to the boys

Geelong miss finals.
Eagles lose 2nd last home and away game by 57 points.
Eagles win flag.

Geelong miss finals.
Will history repeat??

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think it would be fine with one of Emac or Brown there, but not both. In that case, Brown is probably out.

Last edited:
All this talk of GF's and premierships is actually making me pretty nervous. I never thought we'd be in this position this season, maybe the next few, but not now. I remember how I felt after the 05 PF, thinking, wow, it's been 11 years since we played in a GF, all the excitement of GF week, and then to lose was absolutely heart breaking. I feel like I'm even more emotionally invested in it this time around, and we haven't even played a final yet. I just can't get my head around the likeyhood of us either losing a GF, or PF, and it could very well be to Freo.

If it happens, I can pretend all I like that it's only a game, and that I'll get it over quickly, but I just don't reckon I can. Sometimes I wish I didn't care about footy.

Anyway before I take my toaster in the bath so I don't have to deal it, I'll drink a heap of beers and cheer the boys on!!

Geelong miss finals.
Eagles win flag.

Geelong miss finals.
Will history repeat??

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I like it! 1992 we drew with Brisbane, this year we drew with Gold Coast. Could be a good omen. I recall back in 2006 we had a couple of similarities with 92 how Collingwood knocked us off. We kicked a s**t load of points vs the Kangaroos { 14.26 in 1992, 14.24 in 2006 } Also in 1994 { tranquilli one game wonder :p} the pies knocked us off in Melbourne as they did in 2006 by almost the identical score

1994 - 18.13 to 12.12
2006 - 19.13 to 13.12

same score, just one goal more each:eek:

Had that crazy thing with the swans also in 2005 /2006 also

10.9 69
10.5 - 65

Grand Final

8.10 - 58
7.12 - 54

lost by 4, won by 4

qualifying final
12.12 84
13.7 85

Grand Final
12.13 85
12.12 84

85-84 in each game, lost by 1 point, won by 1 point

The eventual premiers both lost their qualifying game first then won the grand final by the exact same margin. In 2006, the total match score in points was exactly the same too as it was in the qualifying final.

Last edited:
Also in our 3 premiership years we had similar records.

16 wins , 1 draw and 6 losses in 1992
1994 - 16 wins and 6 losses
2006 - 17 wins 5 losses

ATM we are 15wins, 1 draw and 5 losses.

Its is good to dream. Nice similarities. I still don't fancy us though:$

All this talk of GF's and premierships is actually making me pretty nervous. I never thought we'd be in this position this season, maybe the next few, but not now. I remember how I felt after the 05 PF, thinking, wow, it's been 11 years since we played in a GF, all the excitement of GF week, and then to lose was absolutely heart breaking. I feel like I'm even more emotionally invested in it this time around, and we haven't even played a final yet. I just can't get my head around the likeyhood of us either losing a GF, or PF, and it could very well be to Freo.

If it happens, I can pretend all I like that it's only a game, and that I'll get it over quickly, but I just don't reckon I can. Sometimes I wish I didn't care about footy.

Anyway before I take my toaster in the bath so I don't have to deal it, I'll drink a heap of beers and cheer the boys on!!
I think this year could be like our other grand final years that we lost.

1991 lose to Hawks
1992 beat the cats

2005 lose to swans
2006 beat the swans

As I said in this thread I think we will lose it this year should we get there. I think next year we can do it. Just that bit more experience we need.

I think this year could be like our other grand final years that we lost.

1991 lose to Hawks
1992 beat the cats

2005 lose to swans
2006 beat the swans

As I said in this thread I think we will lose it this year should we get there. I think next year we can do it. Just that bit more experience we need.
I love how we always win the flag the year after we lose a GF. Like we have never been left hanging.

I love how we always win the flag the year after we lose a GF. Like we have never been left hanging.
The best! I knew the moment we lost to the swans in 05 we'd get it the next year. I really did! I also thought Brad Smith was going to be a gun forward tho. Man he got hit hard by injuries. Ex Subiaco gun Full forward who had 2 consecutive knee reco's. I know you know who he is, just reminding!

The best! I knew the moment we lost to the swans in 05 we'd get it the next year. I really did! I also thought Brad Smith was going to be a gun forward tho. Man he got hit hard by injuries. Ex Subiaco gun Full forward who had 2 consecutive knee reco's. I know you know who he is, just reminding!

Yep, he could have been anything. Good to see him still involved at the club though.

Yeah I wasn't fazed when we lost in 05. Knew we would be back.

Can't say the same this year with the same certainty, but am really excited to have the Dugg back again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back