Cars & Transportation Dodgy drivers or roads - rant here!

Remove this Banner Ad

I recon I see someone driving at night with no lights on around about once or twice a month these days, never used to see it before.

When I started driving, I reckon I would never, ever see people running red lights. See that pretty much on a daily basis now.

No lights is mad- wtf.

Some moron nearly ran me off the road a couple of weeks ago. It was night, they clearly didn't look when they went to change lanes and just started moving into my lane when I was right next to them, and I was lucky there was a turn right lane that I could swerve into to avoid them. They finally realised at the last second and went back into their lane, but **** me, it was scary.

Yeah same thing happened to me, black ute no indicator just started moving into our lane on the fwy to Geelong, as the cars were side by side.

I was the passenger in the car and i could just feel like something was about to happen and yup, there you go. :rolleyes:

Does it make you feel good, not letting other drivers not know where you're going? Do you think it's not necessary and other drivers should know where you're going? Is it too much effort to lift a finger and flick the indicator handle up or down?

The obvious answers to those questions is "yes makes me feel like a big man"... "No couldnt give a stuff".. and "yes. Way too much of an effort get ****ed".

Sorry for not multi quoting...

Hahaha now I've got their number watch out!!!

Another things that baffles me are the speed limits entering the ring road and exiting the ring road at Melrose Drive. On approach to the freeway its 80km/h all the way right until pretty much the last minute, till you can do 100km/h. Exiting, on the exit ramp, it is 100km/h the whole way.

For any dare devils out there who want to legally attempt a crazy sharp "U-turn" type corner at 100km/h, knock yourself out!!

South Australia just came out with a rule that all drivers must slow down to 25kmh when passing any emergency vehicle with it's flashing lights going, regardless of speed limit.

So on a country road, a B-Double comes around a corner to find a cop having pulled a driver over on the opposite side of the road for a speeding ticket (or any reason really) and they have to slow from 100 to 25 and then speed up again.

Ah, South Australia. What will they think of next!

When people in carparks see you about to reverse out of your spot and sit on your ass ready to take your spot. Uh m8 it actually makes it a lot harder to reverse out of this spot with you right there.

Oh and when people are so slow to take off from a red light. If i'm third in line at a red light, it really should not take me more than three seconds to take my foot off the break and start accelerating.

South Australia just came out with a rule that all drivers must slow down to 25kmh when passing any emergency vehicle with it's flashing lights going, regardless of speed limit.

So on a country road, a B-Double comes around a corner to find a cop having pulled a driver over on the opposite side of the road for a speeding ticket (or any reason really) and they have to slow from 100 to 25 and then speed up again.

It's bad enough that roadworks speed limits over there is 25km/h.

It's bad enough that roadworks speed limits over there is 25km/h.

You can thank these guys:
http://casr.adelaide.edu.au/

I recon I see someone driving at night with no lights on around about once or twice a month these days, never used to see it before.

Its scary but nearly anytime I'm driving at night I'll see at least one car with no headlights on.

I remember seeing a car without headlights waiting at an intersection with a police car directly behind and not get pulled over. Even stranger because it was a P-plater with a full carload of people, late at night and near a well know bar-strip!

I did see a women do a U-turn from a parking space, drive about 100m without headlights before the cops lit her up. She turned her headlights on straight away but I imagine the damage was done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a one way freeway got built you really had to ask questions.

That's Occupational Health and Safety for you.

It's almost as bad as the way vicpol go about dressing up as commandos so they can hide in the bushes and ping drivers for 3kmh above the limit, because somehow a ticket in the mail 4 weeks after the offence is better than a visible police presence and a fine on the spot.

camouflagedbikeradar01.jpg

But yeah, spent some time living in Adelaide. Lovely city, but generally shocking drivers. It took me a while to work out why noone indicates when they change lanes, eventually found that if you do, other drivers actively speed up to prevent you from being in front of them.

Yeah it seems like they really haven't thought this through. With roadworks there is at least advanced warning - no warning at all if its an emergency vehicle.

It should be left to common sense- see an emergency vehicle, GTFO of their way, ease off the accelerator to a safer speed, give them space if they're on the side of the road in attendance.

None of this 25 km/h bullshit.
Unfortunately, there is one big flaw in the "common sense" plan...

Had a bloke come up behind me tailgating, was then tooting his horn constantly wanting me to pull over to the left lane even though I was passing a large group of cyclists on Sunday, when past them I did pull over for him to speed up, yell a few obscenaties at me then floor it. One problem for the idiot was the car in front of me was a marked highway patrol vehicle who pulled him up a few hundred metres down the road, had fun waving as I went by.

People talking on their mobile phones - ugh cant it wait. Endangering others lives... pisses me off!
Cars travelling below the speed limit because the driver can't talk and drive at the same time.

Love people who stop at the lights and start eating. Young woman in a charcoal Golf was eating fruit salad out of tupperware. Lights go green, she tries to change lanes and get around the traffic by using the left lane. Shame that I slowed her up because I was turning left.

Driving home yesterday on the sunny coast highway (110km/h) and I passed this M3 that was going about 10km/h under the speed limit. 5 minutes later I see these LED lights in my mirror and the same M3 flies past going about 180. I'm not sure if he just decided to flog it or his wife had just gone into labour... Couldn't have been an under cover cop because I'm pretty sure they don't drive Bimmers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back