Multiplat Don Bradman Cricket 14

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no collapsing mechanic or scripting occurring, that's a 100% definite fallacy.

We're still awaiting more feedback on the difficulties of both bowling and batting before balancing comes in, the first patch will change things up in terms of balance again.

There does seem to be a disparity happening between how people are finding bowling and batting, which will be looked at for the 2nd patch. There was always going to be room for tweaking the difficulties, but we thought it'd be more about making batting harder than bowling harder in all honesty.

Personally, I wouldn't be making batting any harder but I think if you can add an option to change the difficulty indipendantly for each disipline that would satisfy most

Anyone know how much it costs for postage from ozgameshop and how long it usually takes to arrive? Wanting to get this but wanting to know if it's just less hassle to go to JB and get it haha

The postage is free I'm pretty sure. I've bought from them a few times and it usually takes around 10 days for me and I live near the city. Can't recall getting anything within a week of purchasing from them, maybe once? But I've gotten all my items usually sometime within the second week.

People who are good at batting in this game, do you have any hints for those of us who suck?

I'm in my 4th season making scores in the teens. My top score is still a 34 from a T20 match in my first season.

Do you block and leave a lot? I got fed up with blocking after chopping one on and then edging one to first slip whil blocking in the same Shield match. Should I be blocking a lot?

Give me ideas on how to improve. Should I spend some time in the nets until the patch is released?

I love that in 5 days with this game, I'm still really awful at it :). I wont be quitting until I have a career test century at least.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

People who are good at batting in this game, do you have any hints for those of us who suck?
I consider myself decent, maybe not good yet but I'll try to help out.

I have my bread and butter shot, which is where I will normally make my runs. For me it's my leg glance, which means I can normally just pre mediate the shot and not get out because I can time it well.

I never play a normal shot (no triggers held down) to a fielder, because you will get caught. I will always try and go to the sides of the ring fielders.

I completely ignore the back foot, I find I can time pulls and cuts well enough on the front foot.

Before every ball, I will find which two shots I can play. On the legside I might play it to the man on the boundary at fine leg, but there is a fielder at square leg so I'll either go in front or behind square. On the offside cover is open, so if the ball is on the offside I will ensure I go through that gap so I can't get caught. So every ball I face I will have two shots that I can play where it is 99% unlikely I will get caught, and because I play them so often I time them well.

If the field is clogged up and you can't find a shot you are comfortable playing, that's the only time I block.

Against both spinners and paceman, if there the mid on and mid off are in close, I will cart it over their head, even on the first ball I face. But of course look closely for fielders. When they pull their mid on and mid off back I normally have at least 16 odd runs, and I can go back to my bread and butter shots, normally with the field more spread. I never try and go over fielders, and let's say if Mid off is back, I will not try and cart a 6 over mid on, because you will get caught.

My personal 'motto' is never to leave runs on the table, because eventually you are going to succumb to a bull edge or lbw. If I come in, first ball of the innings against a spinner, and both mid on and mid off are right in, I will go over their heads until they put someone back there, easy runs, and I'm confident timing it well enough to at least get four every time. Every time there is a gap down the ground I will take it no matter what.

This has got me a ton, a couple of 50's, and I get to 30 or 40 very often. Obviously the main part of the game is timing, and that determines basically everything, so get in the nets. I hope some of what helps me can help you :)

For some reasons my stats won't update during a competition. I created a new team, started a 16 team T20 comp, but even after 10 games my batsmen still all walk out to "Games 0, Runs 0, Avg 0." Shouldn't that update after each match rather than at the end of a comp?

My game is stuffed; it froze as I tried to save and exit a match and now it freezes on any option I pick on the main menu. Anyone know anything I can do to fix it?

why was this given OUT as a run out?
h7uy.jpg

I consider myself decent, maybe not good yet but I'll try to help out.

I have my bread and butter shot, which is where I will normally make my runs. For me it's my leg glance, which means I can normally just pre mediate the shot and not get out because I can time it well.

I never play a normal shot (no triggers held down) to a fielder, because you will get caught. I will always try and go to the sides of the ring fielders.

I completely ignore the back foot, I find I can time pulls and cuts well enough on the front foot.

Before every ball, I will find which two shots I can play. On the legside I might play it to the man on the boundary at fine leg, but there is a fielder at square leg so I'll either go in front or behind square. On the offside cover is open, so if the ball is on the offside I will ensure I go through that gap so I can't get caught. So every ball I face I will have two shots that I can play where it is 99% unlikely I will get caught, and because I play them so often I time them well.

If the field is clogged up and you can't find a shot you are comfortable playing, that's the only time I block.

Against both spinners and paceman, if there the mid on and mid off are in close, I will cart it over their head, even on the first ball I face. But of course look closely for fielders. When they pull their mid on and mid off back I normally have at least 16 odd runs, and I can go back to my bread and butter shots, normally with the field more spread. I never try and go over fielders, and let's say if Mid off is back, I will not try and cart a 6 over mid on, because you will get caught.

My personal 'motto' is never to leave runs on the table, because eventually you are going to succumb to a bull edge or lbw. If I come in, first ball of the innings against a spinner, and both mid on and mid off are right in, I will go over their heads until they put someone back there, easy runs, and I'm confident timing it well enough to at least get four every time. Every time there is a gap down the ground I will take it no matter what.

This has got me a ton, a couple of 50's, and I get to 30 or 40 very often. Obviously the main part of the game is timing, and that determines basically everything, so get in the nets. I hope some of what helps me can help you :)

Brilliant, I really like the idea of having a couple of stock shots and leaving backfoot play until my eye is in at very least

I have already done the hitting down the ground thing, it's quite easy to time a straight hit. It's how I get into the teens before I get out.

Thanks!

Dead set only just realised that you can replace the teams so they are the current teams and all that. *in Sick. Better late than never.

Crazy thing is we had colour blind people advise us the scheme was ok. I know they explained there are many different types of colour blindness however you're now the second person to bring it to my attention so sorry this hasn't worked. I will investigate what we can do.

Thanks mate ive been playing games since i was 8 and now im 38 and still have the same issue lol I thought id be the only one to say anything and I dont expect you to change it as its a supply and demand world.

Yeah there is a few levels of colour blindness for me its the closeness of colours like purple to dark blue. Green to brown and the yellow to light green. Basically when the shades of colours are similar i cant tell lol Im A Freo fan and struggle to see purple lol

Dead set only just realised that you can replace the teams so they are the current teams and all that. ****in Sick. Better late than never.

Alrighty so may not all be good news. I went into my career and the new teams weren't updated. White is West and so on.

Do I have to start a new career for the changes to be saved? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alrighty so may not all be good news. I went into my career and the new teams weren't updated. White is West and so on.

Do I have to start a new career for the changes to be saved? :(
Once you've started a career you're stuck with the defaults at the point you started - so yeah, you'd have to start a new career.
I'd wait for the patch, if it's going to be soon, because that'll sort out the issue of batsmen bowling well and vice versa, as well as a few other frustrations.

Once you've started a career you're stuck with the defaults at the point you started - so yeah, you'd have to start a new career.
I'd wait for the patch, if it's going to be soon, because that'll sort out the issue of batsmen bowling well and vice versa, as well as a few other frustrations.

Thanks mate, shattered :(

Yeah know what you mean about the bowlers batting well and so on, am a batsman that can bowl a bit, but while I'm picking up 7fa's, I struggle to bat. My highest score is 35.

One gripe I have about runouts is that when they show the slow-mo replay with the bails coming off, you can never actually see when they do actually get dislodged without queueing a manual replay yourself. Option for white bails maybe, or just a better view?

Rather enjoying the grind of bowling well and scrounging out runs with the bat, but it's tiring spending 20 minutes at the crease and then an eternity throwing them down.
Might start another career as an opening batsman or a keeper or something.

Rather enjoying the grind of bowling well and scrounging out runs with the bat, but it's tiring spending 20 minutes at the crease and then an eternity throwing them down.
Might start another career as an opening batsman or a keeper or something.
thats what ive done today, Copied the adam gilchrist model i had to the career player and made a opening batsmen-keeper

thats what ive done today, Copied the adam gilchrist model i had to the career player and made a opening batsmen-keeper
Might be the way to go, so I don't get a bowl at all.

decided to leave my career for a little while and started playing a tour

first match of my indian tour, a t20 - bowled out for 359. there was a certain amount of satisfaction smashing ishant sharma for 36 in an over!

in reply, glenn maxwell took 5/60 off his 4 overs

is there a tip on how to bowl spin properly? i can only seem to get about 460rpm on the ball

Finally broke through using AngryRanga's advice! 87 in the first innings of a Shield game and a man of the match. Shame not to get the ton, but I'm feeling a lot more in control when I bat now.

It was incredibly satisfying to pass 50 there.

* me man. Highest score has been about 70 for the first 50(at least) or so times I've batted, just made 96* with Patto.

Right, so Lyon has faced about 20 balls, and I was feeling pretty good with him, just defending everything while Patto scored from the other end. So got Patto to 96, but Lyon had to face the next over. Was feeling good, defended 5 balls of the over, then Cockmouth (or whoever the bowler was) bowled a slower ball that went underneath my bat and bowled me. All out, Patto 96* at the other end. I then proceeded to stab myself repeatedly. I may need medical attention pretty soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back