Analysis Draft 2nd & 3rd round picks

Who will we pick at 32?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you guys think Aiden Anderson will go? I'd like to see him on our list. I can see him starting his career as a forward and developing into a mid in a similar vain to Stevie J.
He's probably the guy I hope we draft the most. I think he could be a useful replacement post lecras. Good overhead, uses it well & has a good goal sense.

Interested to hear what Eastern Rangers thinks of him.

Haha there's no pedestal. You suggested he has a bias against kids who play league which is just plain stupid, and worth calling out. I think you're still a bit burnt from the McGovern thing.

Burnt by McGovern? LOL I won't be wrong about McGovern until he plays 150 games. Then I'll just be proven wrong. If he ends up playing 250+ games I guess I might be burnt, whatever you think that means ?

He's probably the guy I hope we draft the most. I think he could be a useful replacement post lecras. Good overhead, uses it well & has a good goal sense.

Interested to hear what Eastern Rangers thinks of him.

That's the sum of it. His good endurance base, marking prowess for his size and smarts make him similar to LeCras, not quick by any measure but he doesn't stop moving when he's on the park and it puts him in the right spots time and time again.

I think his lack of pace and athleticism will hurt him. By a lot of measures he's a better footballer than Deluca, but Deluca has the pace and disposal that will attract clubs.

If the utensil is selected at 11

For the 2nd rounder would love another midfield option in Neal-Bullen or Maynard if they slide a bit. Otherwise Cavak or Miller. Not as keen on Gore here

For the later picks would prefer a small forward/Defender to address a list need first. Lonie, Mclean or Clem Smith would be great if one of them lasted, after that the likes of Abbot, Anderson, Bampton, Markov, Mcgovern or Wigg

Won't matter who we get they won't be playing, look at the last list of numptees our "refuters" picked up ? I'm so over our recruitment department I have about as much confidence in them as leaving a Pedo to look after my kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still got to squeeze markov in somewhere, hoping he is there at our third. Wouldn't be totally against using pick 32 on him if no real sliders are available

As far as highlights go (which obviously means more then anything else on this board and it's what our recruiters use to determine who we pick) Daniel Mckenzie looks pretty damn impressive. Would be stoked if we grabbed him if Menadue is gone.

Rainbow compared to Ash Smith? How on earth... for starters, he doesn't have a screwed up face like Damian Peverill. He actually uses his footskills to good effect with long damaging passes, nice size, good endurance, versatility.... I'll just stop there.

Some impressive testing results for Mckenzie to backup his highlights package.
6th in the 3km time trial, 2nd in the Agility test, 4th in the repeat sprints, 3rd in the running vertical jump.

3km time trial (minutes : seconds)

Jack Hiscox 9:18
Tom Lamb 9:45
Alex Neal-Bullen 9:54
Billy Stretch 9:57
Nathan Drummond 9:59
Josh Deluca-Cardillo 10:07
Daniel McKenzie 10:07

Agility results (sec)
Clem Smith 8.09
Daniel McKenzie 8.10
Conor McKenna 8.12