Mega Thread Draft Day Supermegaultrathread - It's finally here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
II

IIRC Ben could choose between us, Geelong or a Fremantle.

At the time yes he could, under the current rules his old man didn't play enough games for Geelong and Perth is aligned to the Dockers so he would go there.

Just out of curiosity does anyone remember how cuzzy was rated before he was drafted? Pick 1-5?
Pretty highly, can't remember exact number but all 3 clubs lobbied him hard. Geelong were originally the front runners for his services IIRC.

A lot hinges on Selwood's form and whether he can play in multiple positions.

Priddis we know is not going to budge, he's out of the equation whether we like it or not.

I suspect Simpson will look to move our midfielders around a lot during games, like Hawthorn does, which is why he has rattled on about flexibility.

Whilst I think Priddis will pardoned, I think an inability to perform in multiple positions might be what sees guys like Duggan and Sheed brought into the side at the expense of, say Selwood or Hutchings. The heat will be on Selwood to be able to rotate through different positions IMO

But you can guarantee that Rd 1 it will be a set up of Priddis, Selwood, Shuey, unless injured.

Aaaaargghhhhh

Pretty highly, can't remember exact number but all 3 clubs lobbied him hard. Geelong were originally the front runners for his services IIRC.
I would love to read an alternative history whereby Cousins was drafted to Freo :D

I would love to read an alternative history whereby Cousins was drafted to Freo :D
He was a heavily involved in church groups outside of football and afraid of the swan river. Didn't drink nor ever venture out to clubs.
Didnt win a brownlow nor a premiership and was only considered an ok player.

He would have been Shaun McManus

He was a heavily involved in church groups outside of football and afraid of the swan river. Didn't drink nor ever venture out to clubs.

You what your saying essentially - is that freo fu}#ed their cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha no way. Fremantle getting a good player in the 90s meant they would have traded him. I see Cousins having a decent yet ultimately fruitless career at Carlton after Freo traded him for Cain Ackland.

Haha no way. Fremantle getting a good player in the 90s meant they would have traded him. I see Cousins having a decent yet ultimately fruitless career at Carlton after Freo traded him for Cain Ackland.
Then obviously traded him back for way overs well after he reached his prime.

Then obviously traded him back for way overs well after he reached his prime.

Haha and Carlton won back to back flags with Pavlich and Sandilands leading them there. However Freo fans will claim Cousins' 'leadership' and 'mature body' had an intangible benefit to Freo and thus the trade was a win for them.

Haha and Carlton won back to back flags with Pavlich and Sandilands leading them there. However Freo fans will claim Cousins' 'leadership' and 'mature body' had an intangible benefit to Freo and thus the trade was a win for them.
Brant Colledge thread

Geelong certainly pushed hard for Cousins. They invited him over, gave him a tour of the club and a round of golf with Gary Ablett Senior, who was his favourite player. Cuz was a Cats fan as a kid and was pretty keen to go there. In the end, Cuz's dad recommended the Eagles on the basis that it was the more professionally-run club believed to be on the verge of a dynasty.

Geelong certainly pushed hard for Cousins. They invited him over, gave him a tour of the club and a round of golf with Gary Ablett Senior, who was his favourite player. Cuz was a Cats fan as a kid and was pretty keen to go there. In the end, Cuz's dad recommended the Eagles on the basis that it was the more professionally-run club believed to be on the verge of a dynasty.

Wow imagine a) dat midfield

And b). His poor old man thinking if only I'd advised him to go to Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back