Podcast Draft Special Pt. 2 - Phantom Draft - BF Port PC Ep. 20 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

It is testimony to how dour and serious that podcast is when the accountant is the most lively panellist. Did someone die?

Still a good one though, I found myself calling out questions while I listened again.

It is testimony to how dour and serious that podcast is when the accountant is the most lively panellist. Did someone die?

Still a good one though, I found myself calling out questions while I listened again.

Can I take that as a compliment? :)

Come tonight if we end up with Darcy Byrne-Jones at pick 21 I will be very dissapointed. Not so much that he is coming to Port but more that we weren't able to get a slider. I will be very interested where he goes or if he goes at all.
If we get Trent Dumont at pick 21 I think we have picked off day light robbery again, it will be akin to getting Wines and Wingard, he may not be as good as them but to get him at 21 in a good draft would be a good get, to get him at 21 in this draft is a joke.
At the start of the post season I thought the best we could hope for was Zac Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Portia that we need to add more colour to the podcast.

Well, I did have this whole thing lined up where Crouch ends up at Carlton and learns from Judd how to disguise his shanked kicks with the trademark grimace...

I'm sure the prequel will be more lighter. So much material to use. Whoever the Crows draft: "We had him as the top three in the draft!!!!1!" Dayle Garlett's new book "How to Flush an AFL career down the toilet" if he doesn't get drafted - "Chapter One - Facebook is your Friend" etc etc

Not big raps for Impey and Harvey in the podcast, better be wrong.

We lost some conversation I believe but we actually discussed Impey's low possession count, mission thought that was a concern. I did mention perhaps we'll look at him as a small defender if his possessions are low for a midfielder. Perhaps that's what the club was thinking also.

Alot of us identified a small defender with speed being a pressing need. I guess it was more likely to get that position as a win at pick 21 compared to a 200 game 4 AA key forward. Hence Harvey at our later pick.

Interesting draft for us.

The only criticism of Impey on the podcast was the query as to why he has only been getting it 16-17 times. Other than that we were all in agreement that he was a legitimate option at 21. Janus earmarked a small defender and we got it.

Harvey has his work cut out for him but i guess we will see how he goes.

As an overview, the guys we spoke about:

Pick 21 - Darcy Byrne-Jones (drafted at 52)
Others: Apeness (17), Crouch (23), Impey (21), Battersby (-), Hewett (32), Kennedy-Harris (40), Karpany (31), Marsh (77). Dunstan (18) & Dumont (30) werent considered likely to be available

Picks 45 & 52 - Darcy Hourigan (-) & Nankervis (35)
Others: Harvey (45), Kolodjashnij (41), Cameron (-), Drummond (-), Knight (46)

Pick 68 - Luke Buckby (-)
Others: Favretto (-), Gray (-), Dale (-), Spina (-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back