Draft whispers, rumours & scuttlebut

Remove this Banner Ad

Why any comparisons at all? They're both wrong but for very different reasons.

There's nothing illegal about eating but walk into the pre-season overweight and you're in a world of trouble.
The point was that one only hurt the person snorting, the other takes the risk with everyone else.

The point was that one only hurt the person snorting, the other takes the risk with everyone else.

We always get drawn into comparisons to somehow make one point over another.

The situations have to be observed in context and what Carlisle did, may have hurt St.Kilda in ways that may not be immediately tangible.

We always get drawn into comparisons to somehow make one point over another.

The situations have to be observed in context and what Carlisle did, may have hurt St.Kilda in ways that may not be immediately tangible.

I do see your point, but the immediate issue is Curnow potentially parking his car on someone because he was drunk. The video of a player doing some coke isn't going to kill or injured a third party.

I do see your point, but the immediate issue is Curnow potentially parking his car on someone because he was drunk. The video of a player doing some coke isn't going to kill or injured a third party.

Ask the clubs what they'd rather have one of their players do?
Look at it from the clubs point of view and not the social leanings.

Hodge was driving at a limit that actually made him a danger to society.....but what happened? Nothing.

BTW: How do we know Curnow was drunk? Maybe he had other reasons to deny a breath test..........Maybe.

Hodge was driving at a limit that actually made him a danger to society.....but what happened? Nothing.

BTW: How do we know Curnow was drunk? Maybe he had other reasons to deny a breath test..........Maybe.
Wasnt he charged with being drunk in a public place?

Why would it hurt the saints?

Sponsorship? The distraction amongst the group? Possible disunity? The need to administer more resources to one individual?
Maybe none but they're all somewhat intangible and just because we can't see them, doesn't mean they may not be there.

Wasnt he charged with being drunk in a public place?

Was he charged? I didn't know. You can still have other materials in your blood other than alcohol alone.

Which scale are we using, the actual impact of the action or the potential to cause harm?

We are reasonably assuming he had alcohol in his system because that is how the law treats those who avoid the breath test.

Sponsorship? The distraction amongst the group? Possible disunity? The need to administer more resources to one individual?
Maybe none but they're all somewhat intangible and just because we can't see them, doesn't mean they may not be there.

Was he charged? I didn't know. You can still have other materials in your blood other than alcohol alone.
Sponsors havent blinked... distractions in the playing group, its not like we are challenging for a flag here

Disunity strongly doubt it. The group is very tight

More resources for what exactly?

Which scale are we using, the actual impact of the action or the potential to cause harm?

We are reasonably assuming he had alcohol in his system because that is how the law treats those who avoid the breath test.

Not everything is measured upon impact alone.
You can steal a lazy million dollars from a company that may not even feel it but don't worry............you'll do serious time.

Just saying that not everything is measure by the impact upon another. The impact of Carlisles 'fun' may actually hurt St.Kilda more than for Curnow's chances of dropping because of his indiscretion.

You can steal a lazy million dollars from a company that may not even feel it but don't worry............you'll do serious time.

Just saying that not everything is measure by the impact upon another. The impact of Carlisles 'fun' may actually hurt St.Kilda more than for Curnow's chances of dropping because of his indiscretion.
You've yet to throw up a plausible situation where it hurts st kilda. You're absolutely reaching on that front

I was asking you to choose how we are grading the impact.

Actual impact, or potential to cause harm impact?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sponsors havent blinked... distractions in the playing group, its not like we are challenging for a flag here
Disunity strongly doubt it. The group is very tight
More resources for what exactly?

Just saying that no club needs nor desires such distractions............and you're always challenging for a flag.
The growth has to be in one direction and incremental improvements are essential.

More Resources? Well, you don't want you club sending our minders and spies the way we had to for Fevola now, do you? :)

I was asking you to choose how we are grading the impact.

Actual impact, or potential to cause harm impact?

Have we gone into a social standards forum here?
We know the answer to the question you're pushing and people do have accidents without alcohol in their system, also.

Curnow did wrong but his indiscretion will be looked upon by clubs as a lesser one than Carlisle's. Are you questioning this?

Have we gone into a social standards forum here?
We know the answer to the question you're pushing and people do have accidents without alcohol in their system, also.

Curnow did wrong but his indiscretion will be looked upon by clubs as a lesser one than Carlisle's. Are you questioning this?

Are we grading the actions by their impact or the potential to cause harm?

You're setting the tone for the conversation, I'm trying to figure out where you are positioned because you talk about potential Carlisle harm but ignore the far more serious potential harm a drunk driver has.

I'm not making a point, I just want to talk at the same table under the same rules.

Are we grading the actions by their impact or the potential to cause harm?
You're setting the tone for the conversation, I'm trying to figure out where you are positioned because you talk about potential Carlisle harm but ignore the far more serious potential harm a drunk driver has.
I'm not making a point, I just want to talk at the same table under the same rules.

O.K. Here's my point:

St.Kilda would not have traded for Carlisle had have that footage of him doing some gear, come out earlier.

Will Curnow's indiscretion see him drop, or have no takers for him tomorrow night? Probably not............Right?

O.K. Here's my point:

St.Kilda would not have traded for Carlisle had have that footage of him doing some gear, come out earlier.

Will Curnow's indiscretion see him drop, or have no takers for him tomorrow night? Probably not............Right?

I see your point.

Can we put an assigned value to Curnow's draft position prior to the event? - I'm not so sure.

I see your point.

Can we put an assigned value to Curnow's draft position prior to the event? - I'm not so sure.

No we can't but we're all going to be very forgiving of him and it's just a little mistake.....??? (whether that be right or wrong.........Different argument)

He will get picked up though because we don't apportion the same gravity upon him drinking as opposed to Carlisle snorting (Again, that makes for another argument)

No we can't but we're all going to be very forgiving of him and it's just a little mistake.....??? (whether that be right or wrong.........Different argument)

He will get picked up though because we don't apportion the same gravity upon him drinking as opposed to Carlisle snorting (Again, that makes for another argument)

I think the posturing of both Hawthorn and the Saints after the news came out was about putting up a facade of social responsibility around drugs, both would still have picked him up. The clubs don't care about their players taking drugs.

The clubs do care about their players potentially running over a young woman with the pram, there is no rehab for that.

Just saying that no club needs nor desires such distractions............and you're always challenging for a flag.
The growth has to be in one direction and incremental improvements are essential.

More Resources? Well, you don't want you club sending our minders and spies the way we had to for Fevola now, do you? :)

you're nit picking is now verging on muck raking...

in a rebuilding side with so many young players there will be distractions everywhere. carlisle wouldnt add anything to it i would have thought... to say we are always challenging for a flag. are you serious. we are 5 years off that

are you really suggesting we have to hire spies...

I think the posturing of both Hawthorn and the Saints after the news came out was about putting up a facade of social responsibility around drugs, both would still have picked him up. The clubs don't care about their players taking drugs.

The clubs do care about their players potentially running over a young woman with the pram, there is no rehab for that.

well the problem is you go to jail if that happens. there is no keeping him on your list or him playing football for your side.

The clubs don't care about them taking drugs (the ones we call recreational) but they care as hell, if they get caught taking drugs...........because it's a really bad look for the club.

Of course no club, organisation or individual would like to see someone hurt in any incident, let alone when one of you own is driving under the influence, but where's the proof in this?
Drinking is legal so we somehow accept that the odd 'mistake' will come about.............until one day, something bad goes down and watch then.

It's just the state of play.

you're nit picking is now verging on muck raking...
in a rebuilding side with so many young players there will be distractions everywhere. carlisle wouldnt add anything to it i would have thought... to say we are always challenging for a flag. are you serious. we are 5 years off that

are you really suggesting we have to hire spies...

Was said in jest but you're confident you have nothing to worry yourself about your acquisition..........I hope you're right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back