Drugs/doping in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

It's essentially suing essendons insurance company. My mate had a car crash and his girlfriend at the time sued him. That is him but it was his insurance company. They were still together at the time.

So it's not as if they individual need to be willing to separate. As much as it would be nice.

Exactly. Can we now please admit that prohibition and the idiotic war on drugs had been completely lost.

And it is not like it is something new in sports. I know for a fact that a whole premiership winning NRL team were all so stoned on weed they could barely get up on stage at the Leagues club.

This was the very early 80's. Drugs are rife in football and had been for probably 4 decades.

The AFL is a joke to think they can stop it.

Are you claiming that drug use in "football" is higher than that of the general population of this age demographic?

Are you claiming that drug use in "football" is higher than that of the general population of this age demographic?
No I cant claim that however Anecdotely football players are the demographic that has the highest drug use in society.

Men aged 20-29. Stands to reason they would partake especially as the need to abstain in season. Off season they would let their hair down ( then have to shave it off )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's huge. Don't know how you could continue playing for a club you are suing
I think it is a matter of course that all 34 players will sue the club, no matter the relationship they have - so I don't think it has as much bearing on how Heppell feels about the club as is being made. That said - I know how I would feel if I was in their shoes - I definitely would be looking elsewhere.

Breaking News!!

Essendon to hire James Hird as a Development coach.

John is going to convince the AFL to revoke ban on Stephen Dank.

Bombers going hire The Weapon and Dank.

Bombers new slogan "Whatever it takes"

One would expect the AFL to make their announcement this morning. It's hardly unforeseen that this would happen. Excpet perhaps in Jimmy Hird's head.

He would gain more respect if he hands it back even if he believes he shouldn't.

Put the game ahead of personal accolades.

I bet he will forever more be forever more referred to as a brownlow medalist regardless of returning it. The old boys will refuse to acknowledge its been returned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back