MRP / Trib. Dan Butler educates the AFL on what a tackle is

Remove this Banner Ad

The Amateur Football League learnt what a perfect tackle is tonight.

I will move all posts into here (we have discussion on this going on in separate threads).

I would have started a thread about it but I was technically at work and bludging as thought it started at 4 since 3 challenges, but wasn't sure. Generally throw it in general as unsure how many actually care to read through it weekly.

Finally a win for us at the tribunal.

The right decision though, it would've been a farce if Butler got suspended for that tackle especially with how ridiculous the AFL lawyer's arguments were

Last edited:
Finally a win for us at the tribunal.

The right decision though, it would've been a farce if Butler got suspended for that tackle especially with how ridiculous the AFL lawyer's argument were.
Interested to hear they even argued it was worthy of a suspension? Like what were they actually saying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actual common sense from a panel that had Gleeson on it, I am both bemused and questioning if he was awake during proceedings for that to make as much sense as it did in reasons behind overturning.

Sorry Ms Flynn, your assertion that it was a double motion was found to be bullshit, thanks for playing.

The King

Rush.jpg

Right decision, but what an awful state the game is in at the moment. Even the fact we had to wait until tuesday night for an answer for something that happened on Thursday is embarrassing.

They pretend it's a courtroom situation but reality is that it's the AFL managing their publicity and making out that everything was done to avoid CTE for when lawsuits come in the future. They wanted to work out what looked worse, battling the media over the heavy handed suspension or looking tough on head injury potential in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back