Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts: Rd 22 - Sydney v Western Bulldogs @ ES 24th Aug 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid basically was a decoy last week to try and drag Westhoff back into defence a bit. Barely rucked at all. He did sweep as an extra man occasionally and presented on the wing a bit.

This week he was surplus to requirements. There was no St Kilda forward line to speak of, and why seek a third tall option when Buddy and Tippo were do THAT against the weakened Saints defence. He was never needed as a sweeper in defence.

I'd love him to be taking 15 possessions a game and kicking 1 goal a week too. But I'm just as happy if he's not if we're dictating play and winning games.

They wont play 8/9 defenders , if Shaw and Smith come up it will probably be Laidler and Biggs , both very stiff but we probably have seen what the coaches want with there back 6/7 when we played against Ess/Port ( laidler late in for Smith otherwise it would have been same as Ess game ).
If Bird did miss I could see Biggs moving up to the wing also and maybe keeping his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we win this that's top 2 signed sealed and delivered.

Go the Bloods!!

Yep...then we wait for results in Round 23 then we could be playing a dead rubber if we are lucky.
We'll be playing a richmond outfit with everything to lose, they can actually make the finals now and you can give them a 50point win to St kilda coming up, so they'll be very keen to give it everything they got, god forbid they injure any of our seasoned guns.

We'll be playing a richmond outfit with everything to lose, they can actually make the finals now and you can give them a 50point win to St kilda coming up, so they'll be very keen to give it everything they got, god forbid they injure any of our seasoned guns.

I don't think they're are that sort of team, its not as if they set out to deliberately hurt the opposition...oh wait. My bad. You're talking about Richmond, thought you were talking about Doggies. Rest everyone Horse!

Stated a similar post in another thread, I was firmly in the play the best team available corner, now after last week I've done a full 180 degree turn to play the best team until we have top 2 secured then basically play the 2's against Richmond (if we beat doggies).

I don't want any of our guys going down because all of a sudden the tigers decide to start playing with a bit of ticker winning games and pushing like hell for the 8.

Hopefully St Kilda can take that out of the equation for us next week.

Stated a similar post in another thread, I was firmly in the play the best team available corner, now after last week I've done a full 180 degree turn to play the best team until we have top 2 secured then basically play the 2's against Richmond (if we beat doggies).

I don't want any of our guys going down because all of a sudden the tigers decide to start playing with a bit of ticker winning games and pushing like hell for the 8.

Hopefully St Kilda can take that out of the equation for us next week.

Not that I am getting ahead of myself but if it was a dead rubber nothing worse than hitting it half hearted that's when you get hurt, the guy who goes harder nearly always comes off better..

Not that I am getting ahead of myself but if it was a dead rubber nothing worse than hitting it half hearted that's when you get hurt, the guy who goes harder nearly always comes off better..

Yeah I totally understand, one of the first things you learn when you start playing footy.

I just don't want to see anything bad happen in a game that (could) essentially mean nothing to us.

I can't do another Ben McGlynn holding back tears on the bench during that Adelaide game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back