EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

[="Lethal Lee, post: 36109527, member: 118001"]Wash top 3 Ruckman in the EDFL comp, however with his injuries, we have probably seen his best footy behind him, big get for AH, if true.

Blake
Browne
Walsh...... you must be joking[/QUOTE]

Walsh can play and smart in the ruck, Blake and Browne 2 notches ahead of course. Who would you say in the EDFL all divisions are great ruckmen? That would hold their own against Blake and Browne? BTW I heard both Brown and Blake won't be in the EDFL next season, any accuracy to this rumour? Is Browne going to Ess? Where is Blake going? So by mid next season when Walsh may or not play he will be the most dominant Ruckman, any word on any new Ruckman coming in? Apparently Strathmore have signed an absolute gem, can any shed any light? Last to league medals have been won by Ruckman.

In saying that Abers would be one of the worst..

Spot on. Empty buckets/containers needed when it rains (towards back of the room.) Even government grant for new scoreboard was used to pay Mango for the 2013 season.

Browne himself listed Walsh as his toughest opponent.
It's also very easy to call out blokes for apparent lack of physicality from the safety of your computer..

After picking up another 6 votes In the comp best and fairest against apw....

The ruckman needs to be able to compete and not allow the other ruckman to drift forward and kick bags of goals. Browne kicked 6 goals in the first game and kicked the winner after the siren in the second and Walsh was trailing 10 metres behind him the entire day.

Spot on. Empty buckets/containers needed when it rains (towards back of the room.) Even government grant for new scoreboard was used to pay Mango for the 2013 season.
The government grant must of only been enough to buy a chalkboard because that's all mango was worth in 2013

After picking up another 6 votes In the comp best and fairest against apw....

The ruckman needs to be able to compete and not allow the other ruckman to drift forward and kick bags of goals. Browne kicked 6 goals in the first game and kicked the winner after the siren in the second and Walsh was trailing 10 metres behind him the entire day.

You must be watching another bloke. He looks like a really nice guy but lacks a bit of mongrel that you need from the biggest player in your team. Just cant compete and is an absolute dinosaur around the ground and gets caught so many times.
Apw sour grapes by the sound of it. This post is just embarrassing

Apw sour grapes by the sound of it. This post is just embarrassing

Have not been a fan of his since they played In A grade. Is not up to it. After watching him play every week and get beat most weeks I think I am at least allowed an opinion. Why is this embarrassing.

Had to shake my head the other day when one political mob announced buckets of money ( our hard earned tax dollars ) to be given to local sporting clubs to upgrade facilities! These same clubs that spend up to $300K on players each year , I doubt if are properly audited , or have been for years.
Facilities in EDFL are terrible. Visitors rooms very poor at a few , and toilets not worth visiting ( mens that is ). Ground surface S@%^ H876E. How do they play cricket on these grounds?

Had to shake my head the other day when one political mob announced buckets of money ( our hard earned tax dollars ) to be given to local sporting clubs to upgrade facilities! These same clubs that spend up to $300K on players each year , I doubt if are properly audited , or have been for years.
Facilities in EDFL are terrible. Visitors rooms very poor at a few , and toilets not worth visiting ( mens that is ). Ground surface S@%^ H876E. How do they play cricket on these grounds?
Totally agree, although not quite as bad as spending $30mil to build a stadium so that North Melbourne can play 3 home games in Ballarat each year.
But back to EDFL it's really only Greenvale, Keilor and Doutta that have facilities anywhere like what is standard in bush and VAFA footy. Powerhouse clubs like Strathmore and Abers, considering there resources and the funds generated by juniors are really disgraceful. You would think Craig Hille be able to allocate a few of his builders to renovate the change rooms, or provide the supporters some shelter for when it rains. You would also think the influential people involved in both clubs would be able to lobby for council funds for upgrades, or even have the private sector partner with them to help pay for it.

Considering the budgets of most EDFL sides, the facilities these clubs provide to there supporters, players and opposition players are really quite ordinary compared to most of the county leagues. Perhaps if funds were directed into this rather than match payments it would attract more juniors and supporters to the club... In saying that Abers would be one of the worst, yet they have the biggest junior set up and loyal supporters.

In order of worst away rooms in the league.

1. Strathmore
2. Abers
3. Oak Park

Best

1. GV
2. AVH
3. Douttas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The government grant must of only been enough to buy a chalkboard because that's all mango was worth in 2013

Bit rude! I thought I was defiantly worth a white board.

Looking forward to getting back into it tonight, helping my good mate L.kinniburgh with the 2's.

I've met with Adam Potter a few times now and seems like a great bloke, he is going to be a great fit for Abers.

Totally agree, although not quite as bad as spending $30mil to build a stadium so that North Melbourne can play 3 home games in Ballarat each year.
But back to EDFL it's really only Greenvale, Keilor and Doutta that have facilities anywhere like what is standard in bush and VAFA footy. Powerhouse clubs like Strathmore and Abers, considering there resources and the funds generated by juniors are really disgraceful. You would think Craig Hille be able to allocate a few of his builders to renovate the change rooms, or provide the supporters some shelter for when it rains. You would also think the influential people involved in both clubs would be able to lobby for council funds for upgrades, or even have the private sector partner with them to help pay for it.

Anyone remember overland reserve visitors rooms before the "upgrade"

While slight better now those room were the smallest I've ever seen.... Not to mention dark and depressing

An upga
Anyone remember overland reserve visitors rooms before the "upgrade"

While slight better now those room were the smallest I've ever seen.... Not to mention dark and depressing

Do you call that an upgrade at Overland Reserve Grassbag :)? Can someone rate West Coburgs away rooms for the BigFooty punters? Must rate highly on the worst list.

An upga

Do you call that an upgrade at Overland Reserve Grassbag :)? Can someone rate West Coburgs away rooms for the BigFooty punters? Must rate highly on the worst list.

That's why it was spelt "upgrade"

I believe the only Cha he to the rooms was a wall that was moved out a foot.... Dead serious.... The home rooms were made slightly smaller so that the away rooms were slightly larger

Oak Park in the portable before they upgraded was the worst. Also Avondale Heights and Marby before they renovated were awful.

Why would you roll out the red carpet for visiting teams, l would just give them the basics & if anything make your home rooms the best in the league

This can't be for real surely.....

Would you call a toilet "the basics"?
Abers don't provide that.
Don't they have shared toilets & if so what's wrong with that or do a few players get stage fright before a big game.
Basic change room requirements should be
Enough space to get ready
3 to 4 showers with hot water & toilets
Rub down table

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back