EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day mate,
Yes but also agree that when a player and club actually agree on a

Sorry didn't finish,

Yes but also agree that when a player and club actually agree on a payment first up and the player wants to play at your club (rather than play club against club) these types can be invaluable and play with less pressure and freedom. But reward them if they exceed expectations as its a great way to build player/club relationships.
These types are gold!!

I try and tell people to go to a good club and try and win them a premiership and build respect, rather than going to the top side, winning most games and playing mostly for the money rather than the club and their supporters. How good would it be to win a club a premiership that hasn't won for a while, and you bring them from 4-8th on the ladder to premiers..The supporters will come from everywhere..

Sorry didn't finish,

Yes but also agree that when a player and club actually agree on a payment first up and the player wants to play at your club (rather than play club against club) these types can be invaluable and play with less pressure and freedom. But reward them if they exceed expectations as its a great way to build player/club relationships.
These types are gold!!

I try and tell people to go to a good club and try and win them a premiership and build respect, rather than going to the top side, winning most games and playing mostly for the money rather than the club and their supporters. How good would it be to win a club a premiership that hasn't won for a while, and you bring them from 4-8th on the ladder to premiers..The supporters will come from everywhere..
l think the biggest problem with some of these clubs recruiting policy is they see AFL listed or played TAC or VFL they automatically think " are well there's at least 3 zeros per game we just work out what number to put in front of it "& whose to say just because you played AFL your automatically going to carve it up in local football , l can think of a few players who should be embarrassed to put there handout for their match payments with some of the performance they produce each week

When and where are the Practice Matches this week?
March 21
Essendon Doutta Stars v Riddell (RDFL)
Northern Saints v Fitzroy (VAFA) at Gosch's Paddock
Maribyrnong Park v Spotswood (WRFL)
Noble Park (Eastern FL) v Avondale Heights
South Morang (Northern FL) v Roxburgh Park
Kyabram (GVFL) v Aberfeldie
Greenvale v Barwon Heads (Bellarine FL)
Greensborough (Northern FL) v West Coburg
Coburg Districts v East Keilor
Taylors Lakes v Diggers Rest (RDFL)
Oak Park v Diamond Creek
Strathmore v Beaumaris (VAFA)
Leopold (GFL) v Keilor

I'm guessing whoever is mentioned first that's where they'll be playing at.

March 21
Oak Park v Diamond Creek
Leopold (GFL) v Keilor

Cheers

March 21
Oak Park v Diamond Creek
Leopold (GFL) v Keilor

Keilor played Leopold last weekend, won by about 8 goals. Thye play Bundoora at Bundoora this week

l think the biggest problem with some of these clubs recruiting policy is they see AFL listed or played TAC or VFL they automatically think " are well there's at least 3 zeros per game we just work out what number to put in front of it "& whose to say just because you played AFL your automatically going to carve it up in local football , l can think of a few players who should be embarrassed to put there handout for their match payments with some of the performance they produce each week

Understand where your coming from, just need to do your due diligence and watch players from the VFL and TAC cup and assess if they fit what your after. AFL players can be risky depending on their attitudes, age and why have they chose your club..

I will tell you Marby have picked up Shaun Wyatt. His only played 1 or 2 senior VFL games as the rest was in the development league, but his going to be a ripper and won't disapoint you. Having said this its maybe not what you are alluding to as Shaun didn't go to the highest bidder and getting the type of money you mentioned in your example. Just trying to once again say you can find some "gold" just need to go and watch them don't go off their resume.

Turbo's the man to ask he seems to have his finger on the pulse,having said that I did hear they won well and had a few good players out.

Does anyone know how Pascoe Vale did against Corowa last week?

Thanks Good Oil,
I would have liked to have gone up but I did hear the same as what your posted. Won by a few goals in what was a good first hit out. The team has gelled and looking to improve this year..
I think round 1 vs Avondale Heights will be a cracking match.. Some quality players on both sides.

March 21
Oak Park v Diamond Creek
Leopold (GFL) v Keilor

muppet 07 where do you get your details for all the practice matches? Is there a website that you can get all this detail from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenvale comfortably beat South Barwon.
How did South Barwon look mate ? Missed the finals for the first time in a long long time last year and word around Geelong is they're set to struggle this year. Lost a lot of premiership players to Barwon Heads this year and hasn't been much said or heard about any recruits for this year. Cheers

Northern lost to Fitzroy FC by about 6 goals. Lost Nat & Ozdemir in the 1st 5 minutes due to injury, not to serious I think. Fidda Ahmed & Ali Abou Eid didn't play so a few good ones to come back into the side. Couple positive signs out of the game for Northern were Bassman at age 37 is still a very handy player and Mousty Hammoud Div 2 B & F in the comp went very well was just about Northern's best on the day.

Pacco beating North Heidleberg by about 90 odd pts. Jake Polizzi kicking a lazy bag of 8 with Ben Warren a focal point in that foward line. Watch out here come the Panthers!

Jake's a gun. Just goes to show, if you look around you can find good players. If Pacco are up & about this year he will kick plenty in that forward line..
No need to comment on Ben Warren as his still good enough for vfl. Will entertain the crowd with his skills. How good is it to see players still in their prime come to the EDFL. Good on Pacco for enticing him across.

Seriously how good is the footy going to be this year with the likes of Galea, Rose, Warren, Tom Hill etc.. Goals aplenty..

Jake's a gun. Just goes to show, if you look around you can find good players. If Pacco are up & about this year he will kick plenty in that forward line..
No need to comment on Ben Warren as his still good enough for vfl. Will entertain the crowd with his skills. How good is it to see players still in their prime come to the EDFL. Good on Pacco for enticing him across.

Seriously how good is the footy going to be this year with the likes of Galea, Rose, Warren, Tom Hill etc.. Goals aplenty..

Turbo or Ballmagnet

I got told by a bloke that Pacco beat Nth Heidelberg by 95 points and didn't have a heap of their best, I was told 6 to 8. Apparently Vespremi, Urquardt, Michael Ross, Daniel Harris, Randello, blokes called Lewis & Tydell (apparently walk up starts?) Kyle Hardingham from Essendon is having a kick with Pacco too? & Ben Ross just rolled around for a half.

Now is he pulling my leg here this can't be right, who is playing ducks and drakes here.

Nth Heidelberg won the B Grade NFL flag last year so first year up in NFL A grade so wouldn't be the best and he did admit they had 3 to 4 out too.? But if true are Pacco the real deal if not and he is pulling my leg he will be taking the piss out of me for ages.

Turbo or Ballmagnet

I got told by a bloke that Pacco beat Nth Heidelberg by 95 points and didn't have a heap of their best, I was told 6 to 8. Apparently Vespremi, Urquardt, Michael Ross, Daniel Harris, Randello, blokes called Lewis & Tydell (apparently walk up starts?) Kyle Hardingham from Essendon is having a kick with Pacco too? & Ben Ross just rolled around for a half.

Now is he pulling my leg here this can't be right, who is playing ducks and drakes here.

Nth Heidelberg won the B Grade NFL flag last year so first year up in NFL A grade so wouldn't be the best and he did admit they had 3 to 4 out too.? But if true are Pacco the real deal if not and he is pulling my leg he will be taking the piss out of me for ages.

Mail chimp, I didn't go down yesterday but this bloke you know must be in the inner circle at Pacco. They did have a few out I'm told, but don't all clubs rest players during practice matches.
Have recruited well and all different types.
If they can stay injury free with there list, you would expect Pacco to be competing for finals, but nothing guaranteed. The top 5 from last year have also recruited well so it's going to be a good season..

Beware of the angry Panther.. A panther is renown for it's speed & bite..

Get your club mechandise early before they sell out...Join the black & red army.

Mail chimp, I didn't go down yesterday but this bloke you know must be in the inner circle at Pacco. They did have a few out I'm told, but don't all clubs rest players during practice matches.
Have recruited well and all different types.
If they can stay injury free with there list, you would expect Pacco to be competing for finals, but nothing guaranteed. The top 5 from last year have also recruited well so it's going to be a good season..

Beware of the angry Panther.. A panther is renown for it's speed & bite..

Get your club mechandise early before they sell out...Join the black & red army.

10/4 Turbo at least my mate is off the hook and didn't feed me a line. Good point only praccy matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back