Emma Quayle's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-firstround-predictions-20141126-11uey0.html

Thoughts? Comments?

1 ST KILDA: PADDY McCARTIN
2 MELBOURNE: ANGUS BRAYSHAW
3 MELBOURNE: CHRISTIAN PETRACCA
4 GWS: JARROD PICKETT
5 COLLINGWOOD: JORDAN DE GOEY
6 GWS: PAUL AHERN
7 GWS: CALEB MARCHBANK
8 GOLD COAST: PETER WRIGHT
9 COLLINGWOOD: DARCY MOORE
10 GEELONG: SAM DURDIN
11 WEST COAST: LIAM DUGGAN
12 RICHMOND: COREY ELLIS
13 FREMANTLE: JAKE LEVER
14 ADELAIDE: KYLE LANGFORD
15 GOLD COAST: NAKIA COCKATOO
16 NORTH MELBOURNE: DANIEL McKENZIE
17 ESSENDON: JAYDEN LAVERDE
18 SYDNEY: ISAAC HEENEY
19 CARLTON: LACHIE WELLER
20 ESSENDON: JARROD GARLETT
21 ST KILDA: HUGH GODDARD

Last edited by a moderator:

What's wrong with Weller if he makes it to 19?

The second media "expert" to have Carlton landing Weller. Wary of sliders, but it could be a nice return in combination with pick 28.
Don't see Weller getting past us unless one of Laverde, Ahern or Cockatoo is available. Would you still take Borekhurst at 28 if Menadue/Cavka was there as well?

Don't see Weller getting past us unless one of Laverde, Ahern or Cockatoo is available. Would you still take Borekhurst at 28 if Menadue/Cavka was there as well?

Absolutely not. If he is best available then fine but of other more highly rated are there then it is a no brainer. If Rogers wanted him that badly then he should have pushed us to trade back into the 3rd Rd or pushed for Jones to walk to the PSD

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...es-first-round-prediction-20131120-2xvy6.html
Look at her last years one
She got the first 13 picks correct. Says enough that this is quite accurate (despite it being a harder one to predict this year)

The Draft order was fairly well set a couple of days out last year esp the top 10. She is all over the place after about #13 last year and has been all over the place today (watch her video from lunch time today and compare it to the phantom draft)

Yet Kavanagh was considered to be a young gun at 17 and a slider who made it to 19. Ditto Lucas who is bashed, yet wasn't tipped to make to it to 12. If Talia was gone by 12, then Sugar wouldn't have made it past 13. Better pick than Lamb, but they'll still have their drawbacks.

Know little about Boekhorst and Cavka who don't carry the reputation of other first round picks.
Absolutely not. If he is best available then fine but of other more highly rated are there then it is a no brainer. If Rogers wanted him that badly then he should have pushed us to trade back into the 3rd Rd or pushed for Jones to walk to the PSD
Hope we get Maynard/DVR/EVW and Boekhorst in order for the meltdowns. If we take Boekhorst, then we've done our homework more than the amateurs who shuffle names in their phantoms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...es-first-round-prediction-20131120-2xvy6.html
Look at her last years one
She got the first 13 picks correct. Says enough that this is quite accurate (despite it being a harder one to predict this year)
Picks 9 and 10 are the wrong way round, but yeah other than that it's accurate. Last year's earlier picks were pretty easy to predict, though.

I don't doubt EQ's connections and bios of the players, but I don't find her phantom drafts all that reliable.

Have Essendon pulled the same stunt that they did with Heppel?

Spread rumors of an injury so other clubs pass him over

To be fair a lot of teams above them want KPP's or genuine speed (West Coast). I'm amazed that Richmond will take Ellis over him though, but Richmond seem to love Corey Ellis.

I'd be very happy if Emma's predictions were correct. McCartin and Goddard will be a great forward duo. If Weller was available at pick 22 it would be amazing!

What's going on! one jurno puts laverde down a few places then bang they all do. I don't get how that can when he hasn't even played any footy! He must have stank up the interviews pretty bad.

Last week he was considered a top 4 talent in the draft now his out of the top 15!

What's going on! one jurno puts laverde down a few places then bang they all do. I don't get how that can when he hasn't even played any footy! He must have stank up the interviews pretty bad.

Last week he was considered a top 4 talent in the draft now his out of the top 15!
I have picked that up as well. The journos mostly seem to follow each other with their phantom drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back