England tour of New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
After pyjama cricket tours of India and South Africa, will be good to see New Zealand and England back in the whites even though the Test matches are not part of the World Test Championship.
The 2nd ever Day/Night test in NZ will be an interesting watch if the 1st one is anything to go by

1675647226386.png

351404.png

353678.png

Surprisingly Rehan Ahmed didn't get picked for the tour
Were you hoping for another bat or another spinner with Rehan? I think they have their batting covered, and with it only being a two match series Leach should be able to do the work, with Root and Jacks to support.
Though it would have been good to have in the squad for exposure. Hopefully he does become the next #1 spinner after Leach
He has been selected to play white ball games in Bangladesh

Were you hoping for another bat or another spinner with Rehan? I think they have their batting covered, and with it only being a two match series Leach should be able to do the work, with Root and Jacks to support.
Though it would have been good to have in the squad for exposure. Hopefully he does become the next #1 spinner after Leach
He has been selected to play white ball games in Bangladesh
As a spinner, but moreso not wanting him to think he has been "dropped" I guess if the support is around it should be ok, he has a massive future and as you say they exposure would be great.

As a spinner, but moreso not wanting him to think he has been "dropped" I guess if the support is around it should be ok, he has a massive future and as you say they exposure would be great.

McCullum after the Pakistan Test said they wanted him to play as much cricket as he can (ie franchise cricket) when he is not around the Test team. IIRC he is off to play some T20 league cricket.

He wont be dropped. He's still very young, so England will invest in him for the future.

McCullum after the Pakistan Test said they wanted him to play as much cricket as he can (ie franchise cricket) when he is not around the Test team. IIRC he is off to play some T20 league cricket.
I remember Baz pleading to the IPL franchises to select him. Currently playing in the UAE.

Harry Brook hit 5 sixes in one over for England in their tour match against a New Zealand XI. The two day, Day-Night tour match in Hamilton ended in a draw with England scoring 465 and the New Zealand XI racking up 310.

Last edited:
Why do England play so much more than everyone else, even a tour without WTC points on the line? We would never do that, have to be led kicking and screaming to play anywhere that isn't England or India.

I'd like us to play as many tests as England FWIW, and we can play smaller nations by playing our next tier of players down if the top guys want a rest.

This would give other guys exposure to test/international cricket, and lower ranked nations crying out for more tests (like Ireland) could get to improve themselves even against an Australian 2nd or 3rd XI.

Nice guys New Zealand calling up Scott Kuggeleijn to their Test squad I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do England play so much more than everyone else, even a tour without WTC points on the line? We would never do that, have to be led kicking and screaming to play anywhere that isn't England or India.

I'd like us to play as many tests as England FWIW, and we can play smaller nations by playing our next tier of players down if the top guys want a rest.

This would give other guys exposure to test/international cricket, and lower ranked nations crying out for more tests (like Ireland) could get to improve themselves even against an Australian 2nd or 3rd XI.

So would I and agree on the smaller nations. We have been woeful at that

At home they must play 7 tests per summer to satisfy terms of the deal with sky.

The last time New Zealand lost a home test series was in 2017 when South Africa won a 3 test series 1-0. That was the last time New Zealand hosted a test series of any more than 2 tests. The last time the Black Caps lost a 2 test series at home was 7 years ago when Australia beat them 2-0 in their own backyard. I think England will become the first away side to win a test series in New Zealand for the first time in 6 years and the first to win a 2 test series in The Land Of The Long White Cloud for 7 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back