England VS Australia (5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Shane Watson is frustrating when he throws his wicket away like that, he has all the shots & makes batting look easy but just can't concentrate to make the big scores consistently. In saying that he is my favourite batsman too watch in our lineup.

I don't think we can have Forrest & Bailey in the same team, they are too similar. 251 might nearly be enough i reckon if we can get a few early wickets, hopefully binga can get stuck into them!

His SR ended up being 75ish, which is more than acceptable. But he got awfully bogged down there for a long time. So he deserves criticism certainly. He couldn't even turn the damn strike over, which was particularly frustrating.

But it could have just been one of those days. The guy can play, and he's probably only played half a dozen ODI's, so I wouldn't be rushing to judgment on him just yet.

He should be given more time in the side, if only for the reason that there is a depressing dearth of Georges in international cricket. :)

Nah he needs to be kept in because it's a wonderful life as an international cricketer.

Nah he needs to be kept in because it's a wonderful life as an international cricketer.
Are you happy with how few Georges there are running around? I'm not........

Geez Shane Watson is frustrating when he throws his wicket away like that, he has all the shots & makes batting look easy but just can't concentrate to make the big scores consistently. In saying that he is my favourite batsman too watch in our lineup.

Watson was forced into the stroke due to the way Bailey was playing at that time.

Sloppy as s**t start this. :thumbsdown:

lol at Mitch Johnson and Brett Lee opening the bowling from either end. Oh well at least were consistently shite to begin with....

Seeing Mitch back in the team makes me incredibly nervous...two no balls perfectly complemented by two fours already.

If this is the best we've got, next year is going to hurt.

Pattinson's injured. Seems any young bowler we have who has a decent amount of talent breaks down after a few overs.

Mitch is obviously cunningly lulling the English into a false sense of security with over pitched s**t and no balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warney, loved you as a cricketer, but you are an absolute tosser. So Hussey is the reason why Bailey has upped his scoring to better than a run a ball on the last 10 overs. I would have thought it was something to do with building an innings whilst everyone else is throwing their wicket away. Then accelerating at the end to finish at a run a ball! Poor batting my arse, more like responsible batting. Fact is, they've been very prone to batting collapses, see last game.

Well said.

It's good to see someone here who knows their cricket.

On a pitch where everybody else except Watson struggled, Bailey's innings was exactly the right one for the situation. He wasn't anywhere near his best - but he paced it well and, let's face it, Australia would have been lucky to get to even about 210 without him.

It's quite ironic that so many of the same people on this site who bag Bailey in thread upon thread are also the ones who consistently talk up overrated duds like Cameron White, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade and David Hussey - who are singularly useless as batsmen at this level. WTH are either Hussey or Wade still even doing in this team? It's unbelievable how many chances they get to prove nothing other than how ill-suited they are to ODIs.

I'd rather have a guy who puts a price on his wicket and knows what innings to play for the situation than blokes like that who try (usually spectacularly unsuccessfully) to swing themselves off their feet at every second ball no matter what the state of the game is or what the pitch is doing.

Well said.

It's good to see someone here who knows their cricket.

On a pitch where everybody else except Watson struggled, Bailey's innings was exactly the right one for the situation. He wasn't anywhere near his best - but he paced it well and, let's face it, Australia would have been lucky to get to even about 210 without him.

It's quite ironic that so many of the same people on this site who bag Bailey in thread upon thread are also the ones who consistently talk up overrated duds like Cameron White, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade and David Hussey - who are singularly useless as batsmen at this level. WTH are either Hussey or Wade still even doing in this team? It's unbelievable how many chances they get to prove nothing other than how ill-suited they are to ODIs.

I'd rather have a guy who puts a price on his wicket and knows what innings to play for the situation than blokes like that who try (usually spectacularly unsuccessfully) to swing just about every ball out of the park no matter what the state of the game is or what the pitch is doing.

Why don't you name these ignorant posters? Or are you just playing the straw man game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back