Premier Lg EPL Matchday 12 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of that City penalty. Haaland instigated the contact as much as anything and more contact and obstruction is usually ignored.

Also not a fan of this not celebrating against your old club thing... who cares. Don't act like a knob but you can be happy scoring a goal and most of the time the players do it to look good themselves in a look at me I'm not celebrating goal celebration. It's a very distinct one which shouldn't be confused with an inconspicuous low key celebration.

The "we are only 6 points behind Liverpool" flex is so weird. Not even a third of the way through the season. Extrapolate that and it is a 19 point gap at the end of the season.

Anyone flexing is just silly, plus it’s more of a “how are united only 6pts behind Liverpool” when you consider we’re diabolical, we can’t score goals or even create chances, 13 goals scored, 16 against lol, and are just scraping past the worst teams in the PL.

Likely to finish behind Pool by well over 20pts imo, United are losing about 12/13 games this season.

Anyone flexing is just silly, plus it’s more of a “how are united only 6pts behind Liverpool” when you consider we’re diabolical, we can’t score goals or even create chances, 13 goals scored, 16 against lol, and are just scraping past the worst teams in the PL.

Likely to finish behind Pool by well over 20pts imo, United are losing about 12/13 games this season.

You've won 4 in 5 or something like that, not sure that's right.

You've won 4 in 5 or something like that, not sure that's right.

We’re putrid, and those wins were against Luton, Fulham, Southhampton, Brentford, all 1-0 wins apart from a 2-1. We’re not winning in the way you go “we’re creating chances, playing well, the goals will come”.

We’re winning and afterwards you go “That was s**t, barely created anything, 50/50 possession, they should’ve scored” etc

Well, apparently six points behind "speaks volumes". You're to track to finish 18 - 20 points behind, so "how are United only 6 points behind?" There haven't been enough games yet. Hell, Chelsea are only 11 points behind, and Brentford win more often at Stamford Bridge than they do.

Everyone interprets text how it will be beneficial for their response.

They all missed the word amusing in that quote, as I’m taking a dig at United haha because of how shambolic we are. They all interpreted it as I was having a flex just so they could argue and get likes 😂, but like you mentioned I couldn’t believe that was the gap at the time and we’re somehow 6th yet we play as if we’re fighting relegation.

One person responded the second the full time whistle blew and it snowballed from there lol.

Was true at the time wasn’t it?

Even 6 points pool are in front whilst we’re here having our worst season lol speaks volumes.
Not really, it's only 12 games in if you push that out over the season it's close to 20 points which it's terrible

Edit turns out this point has been made many times already 😂

We’re putrid, and those wins were against Luton, Fulham, Southhampton, Brentford, all 1-0 wins apart from a 2-1. We’re not winning in the way you go “we’re creating chances, playing well, the goals will come”.

We’re winning and afterwards you go “That was s**t, barely created anything, 50/50 possession, they should’ve scored” etc
I only look at the stats but all those wins (particularly the home ones) the stats paint a very good picture and nowhere like what it used to be when United were at home. Seems like teams have more shots, equal on all attacking metrics etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised that VAR didn’t check to see if there was a foul during the buildup to City’s first goal. Two Chelsea players on the ground.

It didn’t look like any foul occurred but you would think VAR would at least check that first before a potential foul on Haaland.

The BBC report says he didn't get one yellow. Maybe the commentator got it wrong or I misheard.
They said that Gallagher got a yellow for scuffing up the penalty spot before our first. Apparently it was Palmer that got the yellow.

They said that Gallagher got a yellow for scuffing up the penalty spot before our first. Apparently it was Palmer that got the yellow.

As I said before, Garnacho is a serial offender on scuffing the penalty spot. I don't like it. But should it be added it to the laws? And be looked at by VAR or retrospectively?

As I said before, Garnacho is a serial offender on scuffing the penalty spot. I don't like it. But should it be added it to the laws? And be looked at by VAR or retrospectively?
Think it should be a case of a warning for a first offense post match and if repeated then a 1 match suspension. Theres zero reason to do it and its severely poor sportsmanship.

rare complete shocker from the defence, but I reckon after the last few years I can forgive the odd game like that. still sucks to give up the lead 3 times but ah well
There was some interesting defensive decisions but that Dias mistake/back heel was as bizarre as I've seen in some time. Such an avoidable goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back