Premier Lg EPL Matchday 38 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

What teams did Dyche match up against vs Lampard
Lampard had gained 15 points from the first 20 games this season and then was sacked.

Since then, Dyche has gained 21 from 18 games. So essentially, as JD said, both played just about every team.

Just saying, if Dyche matched up against the top 10 again to make it to 28 games, he could easily have had nearly the same record. Okay he had good wins over Arsenal and Brighton but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire either
Dyche has taken just over 1 point per game playing nearly the entire division. That's enough to seal top flight football

Lampard was never on track to hit 38 points.

It's not that Dyche was amazing, they crawled over the line. It's just that Lampard would have had them relegated with a month to spare

Thank goodness the season is over. What a disaster from start to finish.

Commiserations to the Leeds and Leicester fans on here. You've added great value and life to these threads the last few year. Hope you stick around and bounce back soon!

Arsenal register the same number of wins as the Invincibles, 26. Too many losses unfortunately especially late season.

Was hoping Leicester would somehow survive. Narrow escape for Everton.

Very disappointing two years for Leeds. Just under 80 goals per season conceded. Plenty of bad decisions made.

Very tough league the PL. It was only two seasons ago Hammers and Leicester finished top 6 and we and Everton top 10.

Top priority for us is to sort out ownership .. the longer it drags the worse off we’ll be.

Dyche 18 games: 5 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses = 21 points.

Lampard 28 games: 4 wins, 7 draws, 17 losses = 19 points.

Incredibly crazy numbers, really highlighting how awful Lampard is as a manager.
We all knew that Frank Lampard is a s**t manager after his Chelsea and Everton stints but you kind of have to chuckle that Frank decided to confirm that to prospective clubs by stepping back into the Chelsea job for an interim period. A group of players that had already given up on the season. What could go wrong for him? He will probably just go the Gary Neville route and just say “Coaching isn’t for me.” and become a full time pundit. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointing but can't expect 34 points to keep you up. Obviously quite low at the moment but truthfully, I always loved the Championship more than the Premier League. Far more competitive, extra games etc. It's where I first fell in love with the club.

I'd also change nothing, this little old club gave me some of the best sporting moments of my life over the last 9 years. A domestic title for the ages, an FA Cup.

Very disappointing but can't expect 34 points to keep you up. Obviously quite low at the moment but truthfully, I always loved the Championship more than the Premier League. Far more competitive, extra games etc. It's where I first fell in love with the club.

I'd also change nothing, this little old club gave me some of the best sporting moments of my life over the last 9 years. A domestic title for the ages, an FA Cup.

When we eventually go back to the Championship I won't be shattered.

It's a super fun league and I'll always feel that way.

I've said it so many times to my Everton mate, relegation doesn't have to be the end of the world and that's the right attitude. Championship is hugely fun. These days you can watch every game as easily as the PL so it's not the barrier to supporting your club that it once was, and as a club coming down you (hopefully!) win a lot more than you lose.

I've said it so many times to my Everton mate, relegation doesn't have to be the end of the world and that's the right attitude. Championship is hugely fun. These days you can watch every game as easily as the PL so it's not the barrier to supporting your club that it once was, and as a club coming down you (hopefully!) win a lot more than you lose.
I'd prefer we didn't get relegated but I always said I didn't want to become one of those teams that just finishes 10-15th, boring as clockwork.

I'd prefer we didn't get relegated but I always said I didn't want to become one of those teams that just finishes 10-15th, boring as clockwork.
Oh no give me boring 10-15th any day. It’s the relegation-we’re super-s**t-seasons that are the shockers…not enjoyable at all.

Like the Champs but playing small no name clubs like Rotherham and Hull ..Christ so boring … puts me to sleep just typing those names! *

Oh no give me boring 10-15th any day. It’s the relegation-we’re super-s**t-seasons that are the shockers…not enjoyable at all.

Like the Champs but playing small no name clubs like Rotherham and Hull ..Christ so boring … puts me to sleep just typing those names! *
I have no idea how that's fun at all haha. At least we'd been fighting for Europe before this s**t show of a season.

Finishing on 40 points every season is just a snore fest.

Nah.. if you're a club showing ambition then a few of those seasons are ok as long as progress is being made, but being a Palace fan must be the most dreary existence.

I would MUCH rather a Leicester existence (even taking out the title winning season) of an FA Cup, a couple of seasons challenging for the Top 4, then dropping down, hopefully a clear out, a new young hungry squad then push up again.

That's crazy! Leicester are one of many clubs that don't have a consistent history of being in the top flight. You should savour every one of those seasons where you are playing in the Premier League whether it's winning the comp or just surviving. Would you really swap places with Fulham or Wolves right now?

Then if you get relegated there's always the risk of dropping down again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back