Essendon Penalty (POLL:Be the Guru)

Essendon Penalty (Be the Guru!!)

• 2 years suspension; justice is served; and await Echols’ triumphant final analysis.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • One year suspension justice is served

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Players found not guilty

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Club found guilty. Hird & Co life ban. Players found not guilty.

• Small ban (weeks) and we all laugh at the time and money wasted.

• Wet lettuce leaf

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Unsatisfactory result for party/parties -appeals to follow woo hoo.

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson said on tv he think it happened, one other player says he made a point of refusing the injections yet it ddnt happen due to the evidence being covered up or lost?

The courts have gone soft, rough justice to be applied I think....starting with sydney and hawthorn hopefully

Has the loophole of 'lost records :rolleyes:" even been closed ?

All we are left with is poor governance and Hird has paid for that, with a trip to Paris and $1 million dollars slipped into his back pocket. I hope the Aust. Crime Commission has not been asleep during this. Smacks as one of the biggest cover-ups in sporting history.

All we are left with is poor governance and Hird has paid for that, with a trip to Paris and $1 million dollars slipped into his back pocket. I hope the Aust. Crime Commission has not been asleep during this. Smacks as one of the biggest cover-ups in sporting history.

Its done. They got away with it. Simple as that. The precedent has been set. Drugs are now part of this once great game!

Well, that's it. This sport has been destroyed. No one will take any interest any more.

The brownlow medal will go to the best pharmacist.

Crowds will either boycott essendon games or all games.

Well, that's it. This sport has been destroyed. No one will take any interest any more.

The brownlow medal will go to the best pharmacist.

Crowds will either boycott essendon games or all games.

You dont think a week on sunday will be a massive nuf nuf fest ?

Looking forward to a smack down of epic proportions

I could accept it if WADA said they were not guilty, but not as the AFL found them not guilty. They are a football organisation FFS.

Essendon going with the "we don't know what the players were injected with" was a long shot, too stupid to work.

And yet somehow it did, despite the supply chain giving a fair indication of just what landed at Essendon.

Mark this down alongside 'Melbourne did not tank' and 'Kim Duthie made it all up'.

No wonder I have trust issues.

Innaresting Robert Shaw on SEN just said Sheeds offered to do a 1 year Mentor/ Apprenticeship with Hird. The Board voter against 10-1. Suggested if he had the chance to do that, the Drugs thing never would've happened.

Maybe so but I'm sooooo tempted to call in and mention Hird and Charter Mentoring Relationship years before that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

When robbo and co is blathering on (including advising the collingwood to cop it sweet) i just want to say

Thats OK, but essendons problems have been entirely of their own making, and they should wear it, and there is no uplifting aspect of it at all

Essendon going with the "we don't know what the players were injected with" was a long shot, too stupid to work.

And yet somehow it did, despite the supply chain giving a fair indication of just what landed at Essendon.

Mark this down alongside 'Melbourne did not tank' and 'Kim Duthie made it all up'.

No wonder I have trust issues.
Should be enough for work safe Vic to have a crack I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad its over....

Now maybe we can all focus on the footy....You know....The reason why we all frequent this site & these boards.
Second that, i'm sick of this thing hanging over the sport.

If there is an appeal I hope it's not from ASADA but rather WADA that way it hits the CAS and we may actually have transparency.

Don't worry too much about it.

Their defence was - we have no documented files relating to what we gave them - so we dont know what was given to them. End of story

Their ex rookie spud who is now suing them will set the precedent. He will win because Essendon can't prove what they injected him with WASN"T harmful.

Then for years, we will get to enjoy all the lawsuits from this current crop who were part of it- once they slowly retire and Lawyers are circling dangling a compensation carrot in front of their faces. Crameri and Ryder will be the first, then it will snowball from there.

They will get what they deserve.

Does this mean they play with their full list in rnd 2?
Looks like it. They haven't played any NAB games together so their preparation will be limited. We should still belt them.

After having read the reports of yesterday it seems it's just the players themselves who've been cleared of wrong doing. The Essendon FC are still in the firing line for negligence, etc.

Does that sound about right to those who follow this closely?

After having read the reports of yesterday it seems it's just the players themselves who've been cleared of wrong doing. The Essendon FC are still in the firing line for negligence, etc.

Does that sound about right to those who follow this closely?
Sounds about right, but I don't think there are any club based sanctions the tribunal can apply. The code is written around people, not clubs. I guess they might still be able to get Hird and Dank. Especially if it can be established that Hird received Hexariln injections on the premises.

I'm annoyed at ASADA that they ran such a high profile case that couldn't be won. I'm annoyed with the system that circumstantial cases essentially can't be run due to limited powers ie no power to subpoena third parties. I'm annoyed with Essendon supporters saying their club did nothing wrong - wait for the worksafe enquiry!! I'm fascinated with Jobe's comments in the presser about not knowing what he took and how players have every right to consider legal action. Watch this space. Richard Di Natalie wants an enquiry. He was not far away from my position on it all in his interview on 774 ie team based cases and circumstantial cases require different powers etc.

Sounds about right, but I don't think there are any club based sanctions the tribunal can apply. The code is written around people, not clubs. I guess they might still be able to get Hird and Dank. Especially if it can be established that Hird received Hexariln injections on the premises.
I don't mean necessarily from ASADA or WADA but just in general. Like the AFL love arbitrary punishments and the players themselves still don't know whst they were injected with or how it will affect them long term.

Back