Europa League 15/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting game - started well, Hoffmans goal a little controversial as Reus was in an offside position but not interfering or part of the play, so was deemed all good. Glad to see Miki get an assist, and super happy for Hoffman to score on his first game back where he belongs.

After half time it all went fairly downhill though - sloppy defending was the biggest worry, but playing against a team who are already into their season, it basically looked like another pre-season friendly for us. Head home with 1-0 next week and hope that with another game into the system we can play some good football.

Tuchel has already shown his intentions this year- starting Weigl over Bender in his quest for holding and efficient passing rather than just bombing it up the line. He will do well under the tutelage of Sahin once he is back. Makes me wonder where Castro is going to fit in, but assume he will be used when Gundogan or the other DM tires

The Hammers drew 2-2 at home. They were leading 2-0 before being given a red card. Oops.

Is that four reds so far in Europa? After getting in on Fair Play. :drunk:

They played an incredibly weakened side. There were rumours he wanted them out of the comp asap. Looks like he got his wish ha.
Fair enough for this 2nd leg the week of the league opener. But they threw away a 2 goal lead in the first leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Astra Giurgiu knock out West Ham. English clubs doing badly starting very early in Europe this season

Same as us last season. It's actually very tough qualifying from so early in the qualifiers, regardless of the opposition.

I dont buy that. West Ham should not be getting knocked out by Astra Giurgiu. I mean who in the actual **** are they?

Shocking.

That early in the season with PL games to come right around the corner, Valencia injured in the first leg, I don't exactly think they're going to be going hell for leather.

Think Bilic realised pretty quickly after the first 2 games, we just don't have the squad depth to do decently in both competitions.

It's disappointing but it is what it is. At least Lanzini looked alright I suppose.

And I hope Modibo f'ing Maiga never plays another game for us again. Makes Carlton Cole look like Harry Kane in comparison...

Real shame the English clubs record in this comp. Is it only Fulham and Boro that have reached the final since Liverpool?

[Edit]Forgot about Chelsea.
Why?
Its a joke of a comp, I think the English clubs treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Why?
Its a joke of a comp, I think the English clubs treat it with the contempt it deserves.
It's a great competition. It doesnt deserve contempt.

Clubs that don't treat it seriously deserve contempt IMO.

Why?

Hull supporters were furious that we threw away potentially our only chance to compete in Europe. The travel to the two European games we had was hyped up and hugely enjoyed.

The club may have treated it with contempt, Steve Bruce may have treated it with contempt, but the fans most certainly did not. And I have no doubt it was the same with West Ham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back